Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is this your wedding photo? or patch17's?

Must be patch17's cos this is mine

I feel that there are still nice local girls that are not too materialistic out there but they are getting fewer and fewer. But marrying a FB that I have never ever met before seems too absurd for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Are you sure? They are not as simple like they pose to be. I grave up after spending 1 year going to marriage agencies looking for a life partner.

Virginity is not the main issue, for a lasting marriage both must prepare to live together faithfully & sincerly. Last time they used thread and needle to make fake virgins, now they use laser which only trained doctor can tell. The agency owner Jason charges SGD $10,000.00 for a virgin and $6,000.00 for a non-virgin.
    Remember not all FLs are good cooks and some are even more demanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    One has to consider very carefully when choosing such a agency. Agency has $ in their minds. They matchmade and cash out. No need warranty and is much better commission than maids business.

BUT, i have known of enough horror stories about these foreign brides. One of my distant relative (a hawker) married a FB. Initially she helped out in the business and really worked hard like her husband would day in day out.
    After she got her PR, she started dressing up like a slut, going drinking at night, sleeping with men outside and asked for a divorce within 3mth (fr date of her PR issuance). She bore a child for him and said the kid will be the divorce gift for him. She will remarry as a PR. My relative was in a complete fits as he was shocked on the wild girl he just married. She probably was a pub girl and her virginity was skillfully done up by plastic surgeons.

Forget morals. You dont even know who you are marrying. No courtship, no truthful background details and no love. Dont expect a lasting marriage.
    Mr Contaxable before you quote post 102 please read my other posts. No mattar how old the grooms are, 40s, 50s or 60s still choose the 18 years FB cos these girls most likely not venture as whores.

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    So any good agency to recommend?
    All agencies are , most of the girls are commercial girls. Some agencies charges extorting price for young beautiful virgins.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    somebody summoned me?
    hello clown!

you must be very sought after in singapore single women market!

Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    aww, my bf and i make each other laugh too.

i think i have to marry my pet koala.. it's the only living thing that seems to laugh at my jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl1987 View Post
    I feel that there are still nice local girls that are not too materialistic out there but they are getting fewer and fewer. But marrying a FB that I have never ever met before seems too absurd for me.
    yes still, but maybe only about 1% of them, if there are any

you can always get to know a foreign person living in sg, there are plenty rite

having lived in sg for so long, most women there are just too demanding materialistically and emotionally. they think too highly of themselves, so therefore they demand that they get someone of a certain status. and the attitudes that they are showing don't help things either

they think of demand, demand and demand, but have they thought about what they can give?

most of my singaporean frens tend to think the same. it's no wonder singaporean males are marrying foreigners more and more. guys, there are plenty of much better females out there

opinions only

Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    yes still, but maybe only about 1% of them, if there are any

you can always get to know a foreign person living in sg, there are plenty rite

having lived in sg for so long, most women there are just too demanding materialistically and emotionally. they think too highly of themselves, so therefore they demand that they get someone of a certain status. and the attitudes that they are showing don't help things either

they think of demand, demand and demand, but have they thought about what they can give?

most of my singaporean frens tend to think the same. it's no wonder singaporean males are marrying foreigners more and more. guys, there are plenty of much better females out there

opinions only
    FB will show their colour when they got PR, I bet you they will be many times worse

FB will show their colour when they got PR, I bet you they will be many times worse
    my cousin got married with a hainanese girl who study here. they get to know each other in private school, many of my relatives were initially against the marriage as we all heard the stories of all the bad experiences from others marrying prc girls.

however she turns out to be a nice girl, although not really demure (she's brought up in rural areas) in her actions, but a real honest lady who work hard and love my cousin very much.

i will say it is important to date, fall in love, and know the person well before getting married, therefore its pretty hard for marriage to work from agency introduction.

as for sg girls, i have to agree, its getting really hard to find a right girl in sg these days, as their expectation already grew out of hand of normal sg guys.

who's to blame? the parents of cos. spoils their girls with luxury life style. Partly also because of all those taiwanese/korean soap operas, prince charming, rich, good looking and honest guys are just fairy tales (we the guys know that pretty kind hearted demure princess only appear in 3 year old stories when we were in primary school, come on girls, duhz). many girls in sg also dont know how hard it is for a simple guy who earn money by his own (pay own bills, school fees) to afford a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Benosaurous View Post
    my cousin got married with a hainanese girl who study here. they get to know each other in private school, many of my relatives were initially against the marriage as we all heard the stories of all the bad experiences from others marrying prc girls.

however she turns out to be a nice girl, although not really demure (she's brought up in rural areas) in her actions, but a real honest lady who work hard and love my cousin very much.

i will say it is important to date, fall in love, and know the person well before getting married, therefore its pretty hard for marriage to work from agency introduction..
    Agreed that it is important to go through those stages like dating, knowing each other, falling in love with each other before going into marriage.
    "Buying" of bride from overseas isn't a good choice, without knowing each other in the first place, dunno wat intention of the gal is thinking? love or money?
    If local gal cannot find better to be single alone than finding "problem" for urself. Heard a few cases on runaway bride, communication, culture problem etc... Although there are some expections. Maybe depend on individual or ur "luck"
    Ha ha..

Quote Originally Posted by Nmadness View Post
    "Buying" of bride from overseas.
    this practise make no diff from 童养媳 but even it diff era both still having the same fate, mostly sad ending.

Just hope the best for them lor.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

who's to blame? the parents of cos. spoils their girls with luxury life style. Partly also because of all those taiwanese/korean soap operas, prince charming, rich, good looking and honest guys are just fairy tales (we the guys know that pretty kind hearted demure princess only appear in 3 year old stories when we were in primary school, come on girls, duhz). many girls in sg also dont know how hard it is for a simple guy who earn money by his own (pay own bills, school fees) to afford a car.

faint i think you have been meeting the wrong kind of girls

i think i have to marry my pet koala.. it's the only living thing that seems to laugh at my jokes.

............. poor koala

just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

if it's only one case, then it may be an individual problem, now that it's on a national scale, then it's a sociological problem.

i will say it is important to date, fall in love, and know the person well before getting married, therefore its pretty hard for marriage to work from agency introduction.

as for sg girls, i have to agree, its getting really hard to find a right girl in sg these days, as their expectation already grew out of hand of normal sg guys.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    if it's only one case, then it may be an individual problem, now that it's on a national scale, then it's a sociological problem.

[10/26/09 3:56:06 AM] pancakegoat: but it's true leh

ok someone just told me that. i didn't know! i thought those girls you described were like minority in singapore -_-

Mr Contaxable before you quote post 102 please read my other posts. No mattar how old the grooms are, 40s, 50s or 60s still choose the 18 years FB cos these girls most likely not venture as whores.

Jukon san

Agree that many will show their true color after receiving their PR. Some may remain as good though and i have one to turned out to become a better person.

As for the unfortunate incident of my relative marrying a converted whore, it was perhaps an isolated incident. We had since got very bad impression of viet girls coming as FB.

They come for a better life and not for love. Love to them is a coincidence. So, when they are here to seek a better life.... they really want a better life as in material well being, sending gifts home, owing more assets....

This is one reason why HK used to be very strict with china bride. Many are fake marriages and to give them the passport to work in ktv and other health joints. You wont know what these matchmakers are capable as their objective is to make 5k per deal or more.

I do occasionally receive request to accept fake employees from china. Beside the lady, i see a very sorry looking businessman trapped in her wits. So far I rejected all as i know there is something called KC in this game of faking love by the ultimate FT.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    This is a problem waiting to explode. The only thing is many govt people still have no clue what is going on under their pants.

Some marriages are truly genuine. Some turned out for worse when bride got PR and settle for divorce requesting for 50% assets. But some are for the underworld business where fake marriages help 3 parties make $ (the referrer, the bride and the groom).

While everyone is talking about love and lasting marriages with paid FB here, there are more underground businesses concealed beyond our sights. For most, it is a business, not a marriage.

pet koala is good... keep her well and make her laugh more.

is very easy to meet the wrong kind of girls, almost like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    While everyone is talking about love and lasting marriages with paid FB here, there are more underground businesses concealed beyond our sights. For most, it is a business, not a marriage.
    It's call Slavery in some parts of the world.... be it a real thing or a mental one.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast