Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    Local girls want ang moh guys...

Local guys want VN/China brides...

Local guy and local girl couples are hard to find.
    Alamak.... wrong lah...

Local guys want ang mo girls... but then we all smart enough to know its impossible to get ang mo girl... so we go for second choice....

Local Girls want ang mo guys... but then they not smart enough to know that nice ang mo guys are like rare jewel... so they usually end up with the lower tier of ang mo guys....

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    what i have observed is:
    4. .... and they expect guys to bring their handbag around (why guys do this is beyond me).
    Since our stint in army, most guys are too used to taking orders. IMO, its pathetic. It's one thing if it's groceries like a sack of rice and another like a small handbag.

I had a conversation with an American girl a few months ago who asked me the same question. She found the whole act incredulous and somewhat repulsive.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Since our stint in army, most guys are too used to taking orders. IMO, its pathetic. It's one thing if it's groceries like a sack of rice and another like a small handbag.

I had a conversation with an American girl a few months ago who asked me the same question. She found the whole act incredulous and somewhat repulsive.
    exactly! the girls wants a prada/guchi bag, but dowan to tote it herself? hmph!
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    Alamak.... wrong lah...

Local guys want ang mo girls... but then we all smart enough to know its impossible to get ang mo girl... so we go for second choice....

Local Girls want ang mo guys... but then they not smart enough to know that nice ang mo guys are like rare jewel... so they usually end up with the lower tier of ang mo guys....
    Why is it impossible? I married an American. My colleague has a French girlfriend.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Alamak.... wrong lah...

Actaully I see many local guys dating Ang Moh girls... But it's usually the local Malay or Indian, but also the local chinese.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Actaully I see many local guys dating Ang Moh girls... But it's usually the local Malay or Indian, but also the local chinese.
    Yeah these are the smart guys. Gave up on local girls when I was 16.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

i even know of parents who discourage their kids to marry local girls.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Why is it impossible? I married an American. My colleague has a French girlfriend.
    cos you guys are top tier... when I was in college... dating them was real painful.... maybe cos I was in redneck country

cos you guys are top tier... when I was in college... dating them was real painful.... maybe cos I was in redneck country
    Don't tell me you went to college down south? But since you're in NorCal now, you probably find more Asian-Americans than Caucasians anyway.

I didn't find my wife in college actually. Found her here in Singapore. That way you weed out the redneck/ignorant types, and find the world traveler types.
    Last edited by entropy_h; 22nd October 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Alamak.... wrong lah...

My friend went overseas with little money in the pocket and last I check he has a Russian gf. So it's not always about looks and money.

I personally found it a whole lot easier to date Caucasian girls than local girls. They don't play those damned mind games. And they do not have ridiculous expectations.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

My friend went overseas with little money in the pocket and last I check he has a Russian gf. So it's not always about looks and money.

I personally found it a whole lot easier to date Caucasian girls than local girls. They don't play those damned mind games. And they do not have ridiculous expectations.
    They are also independent, actually have opinions, more well-read, etc etc. And let's not forget, they generally have a bigger rack too, which I obviously do not mind.

That is not to say one can't find a local girl with the above qualities, just that they are far and few between.
    Last edited by entropy_h; 22nd October 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    They are also independent, actually have opinions, more well-read, etc etc. And let's not forget, they generally have a bigger rack too, which I obviously do not mind.
    no one would mind! hahahaah!

yeah....ang moh girls generlly are well read...and the best thing i find about them is, they have an opinion on something that is not how hunky a certain star looks, or how cute the new bag is! cool!
    おれのflickrださ

Is there any way to close the expectation gaps between Singaporean Men and Singaporean Women?
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

This exact video is posted at a Vietnam forum but with the title "Are Vietnamese giving up marrying locals?"
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Is there any way to close the expectation gaps between Singaporean Men and Singaporean Women?
    SG man become ang moh man
    SG girl become ang moh girl

Vietnamese girl just like Singaporean girl to Vietnamese guy? Everyone will try to look for a better spouse. But expectation need to be realistic.

Wonder is it Singaporean girl too well pampered in the family, with maid and everything? So end up with high expection for their future life or spouse.....
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Hope to hear from the women what they think of local guys. Perhaps those misaligned expectations on both sides could reveal differences that may lead to a solution.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

I know someone that was trying to start a conversation with a caucasian girl and she asked up front, to see his car keys. She said she only dates people who drive at least a bmw... (He said some stuff, walked away and never showed her his keys to his bmw.)

The grass is always greener on the other side...

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not given up.

Only hard to get one locally lah.

Still looking.

But now lim peh's net is cast as wide as to include Mongolian and Tibetan girls liao.
    not wide enough.. never include eastern european ?

Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    Not sure if you guys read this article in the newspaper. They interviewed some foreign female students who are studying in singapore about what they think of Singaporean women. All of them were saying the females here put on airs and over-rate themselves. I kind of agree.
    well i cannot deny that some of them over-rate themselves to a point that they actually need at an ang mo man....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast