Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 176

Thread: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    How about Japanese or Korean men to fill up the soap opera fantasies?
    Good suggestions. The selling point will be "plenty of experience in sex" as oppose to the "virgin" selling point for Vietnamese bride.
    make.believe

  2. #22

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce lee View Post
    I'm thinking of setting up an agency catered for rich, single, "matured" Singapore women.

    Choice of:
    1. Europeans
    2. Jamaicans
    I thought I read in the paper about a company setting up a mail to order grooms where they have Aussie men...

  3. #23

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what's eca?
    exclude camera activities...

  4. #24

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    life partner is not a commodity, it is someone for a life time, not for a game session.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?
    Not given up.

    Only hard to get one locally lah.

    Still looking.

    But now lim peh's net is cast as wide as to include Mongolian and Tibetan girls liao.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?




    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not given up... But now... net is cast as wide as to include Mongolian and Tibetan girls liao.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  7. #27
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    What makes it so attractive to marry a foreign bride?


    Damit..that is so degrading. The topic of virgin or not is so $%^!@^!#$ bloody ridiculous.

    Bet you 100 to 1 these hypocrites "grooms" do the geylang rounds often.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    How about Japanese or Korean men to fill up the soap opera fantasies?
    Good idea.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Bet you 100 to 1 these hypocrites "grooms" do the geylang rounds often.
    If they have cameras around their necks they may be doing an investigative photo essay on Geylang life.

  10. #30
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If they have cameras around their necks they may be doing an investigative photo essay on Geylang life.

    Good if they do have it...easier for me to string them up by their neck till they exit earth. Enough losers like that.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    What makes it so attractive to marry a foreign bride?
    Supply and Demand.

    For the girls
    Pros:
    SGP living condition better than their own country.
    SGP pay better than working in their own country.
    etc. etc.
    Cons:
    SGP few of their own men
    SGP different culture
    etc. etc.

    they weight pros and cons. some decide to stay home, some decide to take on this adventure.

    some SGP men prefer local/malaysian/PRC/taiwan/vietnamese/batam.....

    if what both sides want is met, done.

    just like any other deals.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    This is a VERY old report...
    It was discussed heavily in the local forums already.

    Agree or not, some of the conclusions of "why foreign bride vs. local gal" were:
    1. They are humble
    2. They are feminine
    3. They can cook and clean and not refer to "just hire a maid"
    4. They don't care if you're fat and ugly, so long as you can support them.
    5. They don't care what car you drive or if you own one.
    6. They are happy with HDB and don't always chase after the 5Cs.
    Are you sure? They are not as simple like they pose to be. I grave up after spending 1 year going to marriage agencies looking for a life partner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zig Ziggler View Post
    The main selling pt of the agent is VIRGINITY!!
    LOL!
    Virginity is not the main issue, for a lasting marriage both must prepare to live together faithfully & sincerly. Last time they used thread and needle to make fake virgins, now they use laser which only trained doctor can tell. The agency owner Jason charges SGD $10,000.00 for a virgin and $6,000.00 for a non-virgin.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Are you sure? They are not as simple like they pose to be. I grave up after spending 1 year going to marriage agencies looking for a life partner.
    The Vietnamese Chinese girls are a good match for some Singaporean men. They speak Mandarin and Cantonese. They are Buddhists. They are demure and petite.

    Best is to go to Veitnam and find the partner yourself. Bring your camera with you to combine finding with shooting. If you don't come back with a Vietnamese wife at least you have a few gigabytes of Vietnamese scenery.

    I can share a secret with you for making Yak Butter Tea no one can beat a Tibetan woman. Good luck!
    Last edited by Sion; 22nd October 2009 at 02:18 AM.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The Vietnamese Chinese girls are a good match for some Singaporean men. They speak Mandarin and Cantonese. They are Buddhists. They are demure and petite.

    Best is to go to Veitnam and find the partner yourself. Bring your camera with you to combine finding with shooting. If you don't come back with a Vietnamese wife at least you have a few gigabytes of Vietnamese scenery.

    I can share a secret with you for making Yak Butter Tea no one can beat a Tibetan woman. Good luck!
    wow... i would like to know more about Tibetan women now.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce lee View Post
    I'm thinking of setting up an agency catered for rich, single, "matured" Singapore women.

    Choice of:
    1. Europeans
    2. Jamaicans
    good business plan, never thought about it before.
    perhaps take the jamaicans out of the equation.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not given up.

    Only hard to get one locally lah.

    Still looking.

    But now lim peh's net is cast as wide as to include Mongolian and Tibetan girls liao.
    I dun thk its hard to get a local partner... but to maintain and keep up with their demands... hmm i dunno

  17. #37
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Why? There are a few reasons..

    - Women here, a handful of them, expect their husband to be earning more than them and carrying a higher status in the workforce.
    - Expectations for men are high in various aspects.
    - They want the 5Cs..

    Foreign bride's expectations are lower as compared to local women.

    These are some reasons, which I think that may lead to more men marrying foreign brides.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    yea, those kind of sky high expectations says a lot about the values the women hold as well. of course, we guys cannot be too subpar ourselves. but, just by looking at their mate selection criterion itself tells a lot about themselves.

    who would want a wife who holds so much importance in material and wealth? imagine one day, you encounter crises in life, your wife just pack up and leave? all of us have ups and downs in life.

    and some even expect more than just material wealth. some want emotional therapy of a fantasy gentleman. we are all humans too. of course, we must treat our women right... but guys must also know when to draw the line. to have dignity and not to be subjected by her every whim and request. i know some friends who are well into their 40s, but are still fearful of their wives!

    some girls i know (around my age, middle 20s)... they say that guys should be treated like dogs. when they do something in your favour, praise them. when they do something out of your favour, scold or criticize them. i was dumbstruck... that's like reading psychology 101 directly out of the textbook. positive and negative reinforcement.

    and yes, when i went out with this girl (from the same abovementioned group)... anything which she doesn't approve of such some martial arts that i do (which she thinks is dangerous and taking a lot of my free time), she will say, i kid you not, "naughty boy". and when i told her i confronted her about it... saying how disrespectful that is, she rephrased it into something else but they still mean the same thing.

    guess what... i drew the line. only good girls this time, doesn't matter foreign or local.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    yea, those kind of sky high expectations says a lot about the values the women hold as well. of course, we guys cannot be too subpar ourselves. but, just by looking at their mate selection criterion itself tells a lot about themselves.

    who would want a wife who holds so much importance in material and wealth? imagine one day, you encounter crises in life, your wife just pack up and leave? all of us have ups and downs in life.

    and some even expect more than just material wealth. some want emotional therapy of a fantasy gentleman. we are all humans too. of course, we must treat our women right... but guys must also know when to draw the line. to have dignity and not to be subjected by her every whim and request. i know some friends who are well into their 40s, but are still fearful of their wives!

    some girls i know (around my age, middle 20s)... they say that guys should be treated like dogs. when they do something in your favour, praise them. when they do something out of your favour, scold or criticize them. i was dumbstruck... that's like reading psychology 101 directly out of the textbook. positive and negative reinforcement.

    and yes, when i went out with this girl (from the same abovementioned group)... anything which she doesn't approve of such some martial arts that i do (which she thinks is dangerous and taking a lot of my free time), she will say, i kid you not, "naughty boy". and when i told her i confronted her about it... saying how disrespectful that is, she rephrased it into something else but they still mean the same thing.

    guess what... i drew the line. only good girls this time, doesn't matter foreign or local.
    Wow. You must have gone through a lot of s**t.

    Not sure if you guys read this article in the newspaper. They interviewed some foreign female students who are studying in singapore about what they think of Singaporean women. All of them were saying the females here put on airs and over-rate themselves. I kind of agree. Hope this thread is not making this forum a sexist one.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Are Singaporean giving up marrying locals?

    what i have observed is:

    1. singaporean guys tend to marry malaysian or other nationalities which still has women who knows how to cook as a default skill. (sue me...it really is true).
    2. singapore girls will look at malaysian or other nationalities with lower socio-economic outlook than singapore with disdain and disregard but will fawn over a few ang moh from australia, britain, usa...
    3. singapore guys wants a girl who is as comfortable in the kitchen as well as the living room, ie: looks decent and knows how to cook!
    4. singapore girls expect guys to look like korean/japanese soap opera boyish stars with a room, car, and loaded with cash...and they expect guys to bring their handbag around (why guys do this is beyond me).
    5. singapore guys just wants a wife.
    6. singapore girls wants a trophy.
    おれのflickrださ

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •