Thread: Magelang, Yogyakarta and Bali (maybe Surabaya too) - Tips and Info

Default Magelang, Yogyakarta and Bali (maybe Surabaya too) - Tips and Info

Seems like those locations are well-known tourist and photography destinations and most tips and info are available online, however, I would like to know your tips and info from you who have been there before.

This trip is a trip with family, not for photography purposes, but of course if I have chance, would like to take some good pics. So far, I haven't been planning much, places that I can think of to visit are as below:
    1. Borobudur Temple
    2. Prambanan Temple
    3. Uluwatu
    4. Tanah Lot
    5. Ubud
    6. Nusa Dua
    7. Sanur

Any interesting locations left off?

Also, any suggestions on what I should bring there?
    D300 + Tamron 17-50 ONLY Or
    D300 + Tamron 17-50 + Tripod Or
    D300 + Tamron 17-50 + Sigma 50 1.4 + Tripod
    And do I need to bring my SB900?

Default Re: Magelang, Yogyakarta and Bali (maybe Surabaya too) - Tips and Info

Wow. I hope you're taking a plane between Surabaya and Bali. Based on what I've read, if you take the bus from Surabaya to Bali, that will require about 12 hrs of travelling, including a ferry ride.

I'd suggest you bring your D300 + Tamron + Tripod and Flash.

:Later,

Hi,
    I visit Magelang and Yogyakarta every year.

Besides Borobudur and Prambanan temple, you can visit Yogyakarta city - the old kraton/ tamansari, Jalan Malioboro and the air force museum. My personnal favourite is parangtritis beach, south of Yogja city, for sunset photography.

Your standard lens and tripod for sunset shots would be good. I don't really use flash there.

For Bali, in addition to the places listed, don't forget Kuta, Danau Bratan, and Dreamland beach. I had my own wedding photos taken all around Bali.

in yogyakarta you can go to sundak beach,drini beach,krakal beach..there are good place to take sunset or sunrise...u can find a desert in parangkusumo it's called "gumuk pasir",it's great place to take sunset,ratu boko temple near prambanan temple..

if u go to surabaya u can visit bromo mountain for sunrise...

in Bali u can add lovina beach,tanjung benoa,taman ujung,