Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Hunter.

  1. #1
    Member chaffjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    20

    Smile The Hunter.

    Hi this is the first post I'm making and I'm quite new to photography so I hope some experienced ones could shed some light on ways for me to improve?



    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Maybe the angle of the shot, distance.

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    A close up view of the bear while its hunting for fish underwater

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    In the zoo, squatting in front without a chance to move cos of people sitting at the back, using a telephoto lens

    [EDIT] My bad, accidentally put a . in the link, so nothing showed up.
    Last edited by chaffjammer; 23rd October 2009 at 12:52 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    what photo? is it just mi or is that why no one's commenting?

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    Hi there nice photo
    But it doesnt really tally with the title, coz it's juz look like polar bear swimming underwater (and look at its innocent look)
    a hunter should hv that fierce cunning look, n better if there's a prey in the frame
    for better composition u hv to give more space in front of the bear, the framing is too tight i think

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    Quote Originally Posted by stunna88 View Post
    Hi there nice photo
    But it doesnt really tally with the title, coz it's juz look like polar bear swimming underwater (and look at its innocent look)
    a hunter should hv that fierce cunning look, n better if there's a prey in the frame
    for better composition u hv to give more space in front of the bear, the framing is too tight i think

    agree.... give it some space to move towards. "landscape" it.. give it room to swim towards.
    40D, surviving well with 17-55 f2.8 IS, 70-200 f4 IS, 50 mm f1.4
    Facebook

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    I thought it was a dog at first. Umm...maybe taking it from its front would result in more meaningful picture? Snapping when it shows its teeth from the front would be great IMO.

  7. #7
    Member Rendell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    My interpretation:

    Composition

    1. Angle - Could be better if you have a frontal face shot
    2. Distant - Give your subject "space" to look into, ie, include some space towards the right.

  8. #8
    Member chaffjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    Um hi thanks for all the replies. Regarding the one with giving it more space on the right, its kinda impossible because of the partitions in the glass, plus i couldn't move. but i'll take note of it.
    -[SH]-

  9. #9
    Member Rendell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaffjammer View Post
    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Maybe the angle of the shot, distance.


    Quote Originally Posted by chaffjammer View Post
    Regarding the one with giving it more space on the right, its kinda impossible because of the partitions in the glass, plus i couldn't move.

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Hunter.

    hi, i thought it was a pleasant shot.

    nothing particularly outstanding, but it is still pleasant, and i have nothing to pick about it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •