20th October 2009, 10:40 AM
Adobe AP Innovation Awards for Schools
I just found this on the web, though its been out there for sometime. I looked around for a thread on this, but couldn't find anything. Hope this is all right.
Adobe just launched a new competition for all high school students aged between 14-19 year old students in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, China, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and New Zealand.
I think this is the first time in the APAC region, so that's kinda cool.
I copied this part wholesale from the press release.
The competition encourages students to explore topics affecting our world today and allows them to express their ideas freely. Students may compete as individuals or as teams. There are three categories and three themes from which they may choose. The competition’s categories include:
Web Design and Development — Appropriate entries include Web sites, blogs, interactive CDs/DVDs, animations, learning objects, mobile design, and more.
* Film and Video — Appropriate entries include live action projects, documentaries, short films, motion graphics, animations, public service announcements, and more.
* Graphic and Print Design — Appropriate entries include illustrations, postcards, logos, labels, packaging, photography, yearbooks, advertising, magazines, posters, brochures, books, newsletters, and more.
The competition’s themes include:
* Go Green — conserving natural resources like water and energy, reducing waste and minimizing humankind’s impact on the environment
* Go Legal — promoting the legal use of software
* Go Wild — open category for students to submit a theme of their own.
The CS4 Master Collection
The Web Premium
and many more.
For more info you can go to: http://www.adobe-eduapac.com/award.
21st October 2009, 09:30 AM
Re: Adobe AP Innovation Awards for Schools
Sound cool.. maybe i'll go for the Graphic and Print Design on "GO WILD" !! Need inspiration now.