Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Low light and Capture speed

  1. #1

    Default Low light and Capture speed

    Hi everyone. I am new here.
    Would appreciate if someone here can advise me what brand/model of camera should I buy.
    My budget is around S$400.
    Capture speed=When you take photo it will capture fast and clear. If I can't get this within my budget, pls also advise me around how much. Thks.

  2. #2
    Member jonathan920's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jurong West, Singapore
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    i'm a noob with noob answer. sony a230? i think $699 rental price o.o.......... I dont think there is dslr $400 o.o ........ never seen before

  3. #3

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Capture speed should be response time.

    Compact camera has a slow response time and shutter lag. SLR will have much better response time. But, the cheapest DSLR and will overshoot your budget.

    D3000 is about $850 including kit lens.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    For that budget you only can get a 2nd hand DSLR. For some indcations please have a look at the Personal Classifieds here. Regarding shutter lag: DSLR is faster than PnS, for further details regarding specific models you can check www.dpreview.com.
    EOS

  5. #5

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    i think e420...can find at 400+. d40 can be found @ 450-500? thats slr la

    compact...seems all the same to me...hahah...haven met a low light fast compact yet
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Quote Originally Posted by wei411 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new here.
    Would appreciate if someone here can advise me what brand/model of camera should I buy.
    My budget is around S$400.
    Capture speed=When you take photo it will capture fast and clear. If I can't get this within my budget, pls also advise me around how much. Thks.
    might want to learn about how light works for a camera like shutter speed or aperture size as well as first curtain and second curtain if you intend on a slr system.

    what i recommend would be a used Canon 300D with 50mm f/1.8 with your budget and then rent photography books from local library. Then if you are feeling adventurous can simply rent the gear you need.

    one advantage of this budget setup is that if you ever need a 70-200 f2.8, the mount will work as the 300D works with both EF and EFS mount lens.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    might want to learn about how light works for a camera like shutter speed or aperture size as well as first curtain and second curtain if you intend on a slr system.

    what i recommend would be a used Canon 300D with 50mm f/1.8 with your budget and then rent photography books from local library. Then if you are feeling adventurous can simply rent the gear you need.

    one advantage of this budget setup is that if you ever need a 70-200 f2.8, the mount will work as the 300D works with both EF and EFS mount lens.
    all canon dslrs accept the above mentioned EF lens.

    its EFs that u might hv problem, not EF.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    might want to learn about how light works for a camera like shutter speed or aperture size as well as first curtain and second curtain if you intend on a slr system.

    what i recommend would be a used Canon 300D with 50mm f/1.8 with your budget and then rent photography books from local library. Then if you are feeling adventurous can simply rent the gear you need.

    one advantage of this budget setup is that if you ever need a 70-200 f2.8, the mount will work as the 300D works with both EF and EFS mount lens.
    I'm confused about the part in bold...
    Wouldn't the 400D, 450D, 500D, 30D, 40D, etc etc etc.... also be the same?
    Exploring! :)

  9. #9
    Member eosandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land of smiles
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I'm confused about the part in bold...
    Wouldn't the 400D, 450D, 500D, 30D, 40D, etc etc etc.... also be the same?
    Not within $400 budget.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

  10. #10

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    i think e420...can find at 400+. d40 can be found @ 450-500? thats slr la

    compact...seems all the same to me...hahah...haven met a low light fast compact yet

    Talking about new item. 2nd hand, any prices is possible.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  11. #11
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    i think e420...can find at 400+. d40 can be found @ 450-500? thats slr la

    compact...seems all the same to me...hahah...haven met a low light fast compact yet
    I agree. Compacts are getting worse nowadays..
    I think they want to push people to buy DSLR.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Low light and Capture speed

    As suggested by the others do take a look at what's being offered in the 'Personal Classified' section for something within your budget.

    At the moment the cheapest brand new DSLR - Sony A230 is at $699 which is above your budget. If you wnat a brand new cam, then I would suggest that you save up a bit more. Do note that you would still require a dry box/cabinet and lens filters inaddition to your cam body and kit lens.

    For you current budget, it's still possible to get a 2nd hand cam. In fact I have just sold one of my cam with kit lens to a friendly buyer for less than $400.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •