i dont sling my camera so i always have to keep 1 hand on the camera while changing lens.
what i do it:
1. take out the new lens and put it down with the rear lens cap removed or loosen
2. switch off camera and put back front lens cap on current lens
3. hold camera and press release button with fingers while removing lens
4. unfold fingers and cover lens mount while putting the current lens down
5. pick up new lens and mount it in
6. put rear lens cap back on previous lens
7. switch on camera and take out lens cap.
8. pack previous lens in bag
u can leave out the part of putting back and taking out the front lens cap if you need to change your lenses fast. with a uv filter in front, it will protect the lens.
ideal practise and actual practise differ lah bros...
i know need to protect this n tat, but not easy if i am on the field and no spare hands to hold stuffs...
Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew
There's a few ways to do it apart from the ones already mentioned here are some:
These works if you have big hands or/and smaller lenses:
This is another way by supergluing 2 rear lens cap together:
Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd October 2009 at 09:33 AM.