Thread: HELP: Small LCD or BIG PLASMA ???

Default HELP: Small LCD or BIG PLASMA ???

Hi....am in a dilemma: Was offered these 2 items at the same attractive price but different size and warranty periods:

a: 42 Inch LG Plasma TV, 3 year warranty

b: 32 Inch LG LCD TV, 1 year warranty

Both same price (below $800!) Which one to choose???????

Didn't like the size of the 32 inch (like a glorified computer monitor) and also heard that 'image response' time of LCD is slightly slower than Plasma.

However, heard that Plasma technology is dying (may be expensive to maintain - but got 3 year warranty) and power consumption high but image quality damn shiok.

How???????? HELP!

Default Re: HELP: Small LCD or BIG PLASMA ???

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Hi....am in a dilemma: Was offered these 2 items at the same attractive price but different size and warranty periods:

a: 42 Inch LG Plasma TV, 3 year warranty

b: 32 Inch LG LCD TV, 1 year warranty

Both same price (below $800!) Which one to choose???????

Didn't like the size of the 32 inch (like a glorified computer monitor) and also heard that 'image response' time of LCD is slightly slower than Plasma.

However, heard that Plasma technology is dying (may be expensive to maintain - but got 3 year warranty) and power consumption high but image quality damn shiok.

How???????? HELP!
    Whoever and whatever gave you the idea?

Size matters, judge with your own eyes. Once you lay eyes on the plasma, that tiny 32" LCD will not be enough.

For more info on plasma vs LCD see this:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2072873
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

If you are going for IQ, go plasma. If you are looking at sizes smaller than 40", go LCD.

I've got my panny 40" plasma which I simply love the IQ from day to day SD streaming to DVD playbacks to HD movies to PS3 gaming to avi playbacks. On the other hand, I have a sharp 32" in my room which serves for my PS3, HD movies and avi playbacks. SD streaming, DVD playbacks not as fantastic as plasma.

Go for Plasma, good IQ, gentle for eyes, solid panel, u try knock the display panel of Plasma with your hand, nothing will happen, but if you try it on LCD panel, good luck!

You must have a limited edition 40" plasma....

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    If you are going for IQ, go plasma. If you are looking at sizes smaller than 40", go LCD.

I've got my panny 40" plasma which I simply love the IQ from day to day SD streaming to DVD playbacks to HD movies to PS3 gaming to avi playbacks. On the other hand, I have a sharp 32" in my room which serves for my PS3, HD movies and avi playbacks. SD streaming, DVD playbacks not as fantastic as plasma.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

Oops typo... 42" Panny, an old model of 1.5 years ago. Rock stable till date, no burn in marks or whatsoever .

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

More like u must go visit petetherock's place to see his big plasmas ( and audio )

Ryan

Thanks to all for your post.

After evaluating...decided to stick to my CRT for now and save money for lenses etc...