Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

Thread: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

  1. #61
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    this is how I do now,

    as seller, I provide as much details as possible in my WTS thread,
    I only meet buyer at my place, at my convenient time.
    I fixed my price, not too high, slightly lower than what I found from similar items which others also selling.
    I don't reserve item for people, unless they willing to make a deposit
    and those able to meet and deal early will get the item.

    usually I sold the items within one or two days, some even only take a few hours.
    Ehh, how come I no need place deposit?

    ../azul123

  2. #62
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    uni student so what ?
    i'm a bit sick of the student bulls*h*i*t, if no money to buy, might as well study hard for good grades next time can afford better equipment with a decent job.

    so long as photography is just a hobby only, there is always next time in the future to develop this hobby.
    maybe is just a habit that they go everywhere also ask for concession price or discount....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #63
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Ehh, how come I no need place deposit?

    ../azul123
    Yo bro, if you sell your camera, only one piece, one seller call you say interested but only can deal next week, will you say yes?

    than 10mins later another person call and want to view the item and deal with your now, will you say item already reserved?


    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #64
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Yo bro, if you sell your camera, only one piece, one seller call you say interested but only can deal next week, will you say yes?

    than 10mins later another person call and want to view the item and deal with your now, will you say item already reserved?


    No, I mean when I buy from you... no need deposit, you give me face ah?

    ../azul123

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by tjana View Post
    moral of the story: if the buyer sounds like a kid, he probably is. don't deal with kids.
    kids got parents buy for them, so in my opinion, no point dealing with them...waste of time.

  6. #66
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    this is real situation, cos one potential buyer complain he had contact me first, but I ask him to go and read my WTS thread carefully.

    so better put "no reservation on item, will sell item to people able to deal early at my place and my convenient time" in your WTS thread
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #67
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by sridhar94 View Post
    9817 7681 - Justerine

    Extremely horrible buyer. Do not ever make deals with him. Made me enumerate everything in the box and said deal was on for today at 6, then suddenly cancel at 12 midnight. Very irritating.
    Always list all the details in the WTS thread. I always include pictures. It is not hard to do. Also clears the air about what is included or not. I have seen WTS ads with " D40 kit for sale, price $xxx" and that's all, no details whatsoever.

    When people sms me asking what is in the package, I sms back "go look at the thread for details".

    When they send a bid or ask to be informed if the reserved buyer backs out, I always say "check the thread for updates"

    If a buyer is really interested, he/she will bookmark the thread and check it again.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd October 2009 at 09:51 AM.

  8. #68
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    No, I mean when I buy from you... no need deposit, you give me face ah?

    ../azul123
    not all item collect deposit lar, if only have one item for sale, so either try to meet early or make a deposit if the buyer really really really interested on the item....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #69
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    not all item collect deposit lar, if only have one item for sale, so either try to meet early or make a deposit if the buyer really really really interested on the item....
    oic, anyway you good seller lah

    Take care Ben.

    ../azul123

  10. #70
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    kids got parents buy for them, so in my opinion, no point dealing with them...waste of time.
    this is the number One kid BluSpoon

    he'd given lot of people headache in B&S
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #71
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    oic, anyway you good seller lah

    Take care Ben.

    ../azul123
    thank you
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #72

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Yo bro, if you sell your camera, only one piece, one seller call you say interested but only can deal next week, will you say yes?

    than 10mins later another person call and want to view the item and deal with your now, will you say item already reserved?


    Sometimes we just do not know if the buyer are sincere and its very hard to judge Althought we might give the first comer some kind of benefit but once we try to contact them and no responds.......i wouldnt tell the person that wants to view now that its reserved. Got played out too many times already

  13. #73
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    this is real situation, cos one potential buyer complain he had contact me first, but I ask him to go and read my WTS thread carefully.

    so better put "no reservation on item, will sell item to people able to deal early at my place and my convenient time" in your WTS thread
    Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post
    Sometimes we just do not know if the buyer are sincere and its very hard to judge Althought we might give the first comer some kind of benefit but once we try to contact them and no responds.......i wouldnt tell the person that wants to view now that its reserved. Got played out too many times already

    I agree with all the above.

    I used to honor the system of 1st come 1st serve hence will reserve the item for whoever comes first and even if the ones behind offer higher price will also not get it.

    But lately, there are too many buyers flying aeroplane and like "tissue paper chopping" put names first on items that I sell at very good price. The most recent thread is a good eg http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593161 this morning at 1.30am I got a message from one of them that he decided not to buy. Now I have to PM the other buyers etc. Very frustrating and troublesome esp when this type of sale is for CS event and not my own pocket!

    Buyers also kenna complained that they do not obsevred the queue system.

    Maybe I should just state a place and time to all buyers interested any whoever give me the $ will get the items. Just like any shop.

  14. #74
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Yes, it is very frustrating with the practice of reserving if there is a lot of people flying aeroplanes. The buyers expect the sellers to honor the reserve promise but take their sweet time to deal with no commitment what so ever. And at the end, they just disappear or not replying to SMS and the seller will have to contact the next in line after waiting for a few frustrating days...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  15. #75
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Yes, it is very frustrating with the practice of reserving if there is a lot of people flying aeroplanes. The buyers expect the sellers to honor the reserve promise but take their sweet time to deal with no commitment what so ever. And at the end, they just disappear or not replying to SMS and the seller will have to contact the next in line after waiting for a few frustrating days...
    That's the point esp in my recent case I have to get the $ to pay for the Airsoft game at Turf City by next Sat. And got so many other things to do and worry abt. Now it just a waste of my time.

  16. #76

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    I just kena fly aeroplane by a budget airline pilot, reserved for a week, sms the buyer when can deal, reply said his friend already help him find another cheaper model. Pissed off, should have tell me early, now waiting for 2nd buyer to reply. Like what others said. Next time just indicate 1st come 1st serve, no reservation.

  17. #77

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    I agree with all the above.

    I used to honor the system of 1st come 1st serve hence will reserve the item for whoever comes first and even if the ones behind offer higher price will also not get it.

    But lately, there are too many buyers flying aeroplane and like "tissue paper chopping" put names first on items that I sell at very good price. The most recent thread is a good eg http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593161 this morning at 1.30am I got a message from one of them that he decided not to buy. Now I have to PM the other buyers etc. Very frustrating and troublesome esp when this type of sale is for CS event and not my own pocket!

    Buyers also kenna complained that they do not obsevred the queue system.

    Maybe I should just state a place and time to all buyers interested any whoever give me the $ will get the items. Just like any shop.
    i'm glad to save you some troubles

  18. #78

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    I have met many many funny ppls too.. but there are good ppl also. Most of the time is seller overstate the condition of the equipments... all state mint condition lens but instead fungus affected lenses , scratched filters (some so serious that i am thinking is the seller blind?) etc.. and some even got the cheek to "shout back".

    Now seldom having problem with buyers as is first come first serve.. or meet place of my convenient. Cause of an encounter with a lady asking to meet town to deal.. and when i reached there she want me to travel to another location to deal NOW if not no deal... I dun know how her husband or family can stand her..

    Usually i know how a buyer feels and thus if i am the seller i go through the check with the buyer. Many of them do now know how to open the aperture to look into the lens... thus i teach them how to check so that they are more confident in taking care of their gears. Usually will bring a lenspen and touch light also.

  19. #79
    Member kanzie88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    Thats very helpful of you... this forum could use more ppl like you...
    Got shortchanged recently when i bought form this person called Daniel Lee seemed like nice guy and everything and when i bought from him i din bother to check much... but when i checked out the 450d i bought from him at home realized e shutter count 11k ++ which he claimed to be 4k on in his thread... well at least next time i should never take any chances with 2nd hand gds dun care if i look damn sua gu, i'll thoroughly check anything i buy... never assume any seller is a nice guy...

  20. #80
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

    What did you use to check the shutter count?
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •