Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: moving object shooting

  1. #1

    Default moving object shooting

    Hi All,

    I am trying to shoot a moving objects like swimming/jumping/ walking with
    A priority mode and let camera to decide shutter speed. PIX got not clear result. kindly advice what are setting need to shoot moving objects.
    I am using Sigma lens 28-70 f/2.8.

    I alos try with Spot Metering and continuous focusing but not improve. kindly advice to me. Thank

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: moving object shooting

    basically, you need higher shutter speed, use Shutter Speed priority mode instead, 1/500sec and above, you need to use wider aperture and higher ISO setting if lighting condition is not so ideal.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: moving object shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    basically, you need higher shutter speed, use Shutter Speed priority mode instead, 1/500sec and above, you need to use wider aperture and higher ISO setting if lighting condition is not so ideal.
    Hi

    Thank for your advice. I have a problem with adjusting the high shutter speed while taking the pix with maximum aperture. Pix always under exposed and blur even in light lit up condition with high ISO setting. Picture quality is far far away with those people shooting the high spped F1 night racing. Pls advice as I am using Nikon D2H.
    Last edited by khant; 18th October 2009 at 12:45 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: moving object shooting

    Learn how to pan.

    eb

  5. #5
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: moving object shooting

    I think it is perhaps not a matter of panning.
    The way TS describes it, at the lens's widest aperture (which would be f/2.8 in his case) and 'high shutter speed while taking the pix with maximum aperture. Pix always under exposed and blur even in light lit up condition with high ISO setting.', there is still problem.
    It feel that it is a problem of:
    1. Exposure (Pix always under exposed) - maybe shutter speed too high, higher than what is actually needed, or ISO not high enough... all these the TS hasn't given more information.
    2. Focusing problem- (... biur even in light lit up condition). This is possibly a technique issue as focusing could be the cause of the 'blur-ness' here. Again, will require more info on the circumstances of the shoot, and all the camera settings.
    Last edited by limwhow; 18th October 2009 at 04:14 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: moving object shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    I think it is perhaps not a matter of panning.
    The way TS describes it, at the lens's widest aperture (which would be f/2.8 in his case) and 'high shutter speed while taking the pix with maximum aperture. Pix always under exposed and blur even in light lit up condition with high ISO setting.', there is still problem.
    It feel that it is a problem of:
    1. Exposure (Pix always under exposed' - maybe shutter speed too high, higher than what is actually needed, or ISO not high enough... all these the TS hasn't given more information.
    2. Focusing problem- '... biur even in light lit up condition'. This is possibly a technique issue as focusing could be the cause of the 'blur-ness' here. Again, will require more info on the circumstances of the shoot, and all the camera settings.
    Well said...
    You could try maybe a slower shutter speed? keep an eye on your exposure values as you do this...

    Also a fill flash might help depending on what u shoot...

    Also are u trying to freeze the action or create motion blur as in a panning type shot?

    Hope this helps mate!
    Cheers

  7. #7
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: moving object shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by khant View Post
    Hi All,

    I am trying to shoot a moving objects like swimming/jumping/ walking with
    A priority mode and let camera to decide shutter speed. PIX got not clear result. kindly advice what are setting need to shoot moving objects.
    I am using Sigma lens 28-70 f/2.8.

    I alos try with Spot Metering and continuous focusing but not improve. kindly advice to me. Thank
    I think you should set it to burst-mode.
    But I'm not sure whether will burst-mode work with spot metering??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •