Thread: 2nd Sync Flash?

Default 2nd Sync Flash?

what are my options other than using flash on camera?

does studio strobes do 2nd curtain sync? i reckon the pw multimax can do it. but does that mean i can only do it with a multimax on my camera triggering a pw off a studio strobe or off camera speedlight? offshoe cord will work but it doesnt give me enough flexibility.

Default Re: 2nd Sync Flash?

came across this problem before while attempting some light painting stuff with flash..
    the workaround I figured was to get an radio trigger to mount on an optical slave eye, placed close to my built-in or ext mounted flash.. set to lowest power and 2nd curtain sync, the optical trigger sees the 2nd sync and triggers the radio which inturn triggers the off-cam flashes/strobes..

Default Re: 2nd Sync Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    came across this problem before while attempting some light painting stuff with flash..
    the workaround I figured was to get an radio trigger to mount on an optical slave eye, placed close to my built-in or ext mounted flash.. set to lowest power and 2nd curtain sync, the optical trigger sees the 2nd sync and triggers the radio which inturn triggers the off-cam flashes/strobes..
    wow. thats abit too much work to get the 2nd sync. i think there shld be some easier way. does your quadra support 2nd sync?