Thread: Publication of magazine enquiry

Default Publication of magazine enquiry

Wonder how difficult will it be to enquire the number of prints they did for an issue of a magazine. It appears one of my stock pictures have been used so would like to perhaps verify it against the agreed limit from the stock agencies. I am in the midst of finding out the magazine and publication company right now.

In the meantime, I am wondering if such enquiries should go through a legal medium or would they disclose to someone like myself claiming to be the photographer of a picture in the magazine.

If not, is there any other ways to find out?

TIA

Default Re: Publication of magazine enquiry

are they audited?
    because many magazines get audited so that they can present their readership numbers for companies to buy ad space.

Also those that don't get their viewership numbers audited tend to state their own numbers of viewership. you can use that as a starting point

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    are they audited?
    because many magazines get audited so that they can present their readership numbers for companies to buy ad space.

Also those that don't get their viewership numbers audited tend to state their own numbers of viewership. you can use that as a starting point
    am not too sure yet as i'm waiting for the name of the magazine to reference from. I'm sure there will be some announcement of viewership but at the same time was wondering if a casual call from a nobody like me would be entertained

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    am not too sure yet as i'm waiting for the name of the magazine to reference from. I'm sure there will be some announcement of viewership but at the same time was wondering if a casual call from a nobody like me would be entertained
    magazines have an advertising section
    just say you're inquiring on their viewership for consideration by your company to put an ad in their mag.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    magazines have an advertising section
    just say you're inquiring on their viewership for consideration by your company to put an ad in their mag.
    noted with much thanks!