Thread: Buying Secondhand lens

Default Buying Secondhand lens

Hi Pro's, I would like to ask what are the things you consider in buying secondhand lenses?
    And you usually check during the item viewing? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Buying Secondhand lens

Maybe you can read this thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311048

Hope this helps.

And you usually check during the item viewing?
    Definitely. I will NOT pay for something I don't know even works. It's quite ridiculous when someone buys a camera/box from me and doesn't even bother checking whether the camera is inside the box.

The same thing I'll do when I'm buying a first hand lens.

I used to buy 2nd hand lenses but now, all are first hand due to reliability reasons.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

I think first of all, it will be good to get the seller to show a picture of the item he/she is selling.. Sometimes you can tell if you wanna buy the product, just by seeing the picture.. Save your time and money from meeting the seller to view the actual item.
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    I think first of all, it will be good to get the seller to show a picture of the item he/she is selling.. Sometimes you can tell if you wanna buy the product, just by seeing the picture.. Save your time and money from meeting the seller to view the actual item.
    Seeing pictures only shows u the aesthetics conditions but not any internal issues, so u still have to meet buyer for full diagnostics.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

I always test shoot it on the spot (IQ + AF), check the internal & optics abit. Nth too fancy.
    Playing with M43.

thanks for all the replies. just wondering if you guys also check the lens mounting area or gauge??

Quote Originally Posted by krozby View Post
    thanks for all the replies. just wondering if you guys also check the lens mounting area or gauge??
    U mean distance window? Everything goes.