Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't Decide On A DSLR Camera

Default Re: Can't Decide On A DSLR Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Soupayam View Post
    where can i get the a330 kit for the cheapest price in singapore?
    not sure where is cheapest, but MS colour in AMK hub selling A330 with kit lens at $810 before bargaining.

Best to go down to a shop and try out the cameras to see which model you feel comfortable with.
    α300, 18-250mm, 35mm f1.8

I like ur posting.....life is short....live to shoot and capture every moments with whatever u have on hand

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    if u are freelancing ,u dun need a 7d or d3 to make a living...much less a 40D,50D or D300(s)with the fellow photogs killing among themselves charging low fee for wedding and free shoot for event...as long as u cheap n free...u will be wanted.

if u are purely hobbyist...by all mean go for the latest gear...look we have sec school kids owning 1 series bodies and rich hobbyists who can spend 10k worth of equipment just for self gratification.... it all up to u.
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Quote Originally Posted by snipershoots View Post
    Recently, i started to have an interest in Photography and so was looking around for a DSLR camera. Also, I asked some of my friends who also has an interest in Photography about what DSLR camera should I get in order to learn more about Photography. Some said Sony's A330, others said Canon's 500D and also, some said Nikon's D3000...
    But what system do they own?
    Which camp has the most number of friends/(lenses)?

I believe the answers to these 2 questions can help you find the beginner DSLR that would be best for you since you find the handling of all systems alright with you.

Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    But what system do they own?
    Which camp has the most number of friends/(lenses)?

I believe the answers to these 2 questions can help you find the beginner DSLR that would be best for you since you find the handling of all systems alright with you.
    Sharing equipment with friends/relatives is way overrated imho. I have a few friends using Canon, but they never share / borrow from each others. I'd rather go with a system that suits me the most / offers the best value for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan10k View Post
    Sharing equipment with friends/relatives is way overrated imho. I have a few friends using Canon, but they never share / borrow from each others. I'd rather go with a system that suits me the most / offers the best value for my money.
    Exactly. I face the same too. But now I have a group of very helpful and friendly friends whom I can borrow stuff from and I have loan my cam and lenses to my friends too. Never regretted joining a different camp from my so call 'friends'.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

hey guys... new DSLR user, planning to get 1 very soon. I am still stuck between canon and nikon. All along being a nikon fan but today go do a some try on the nikon cam abit not use to it. I tried nikon d60 (body ok but spec so so) I tried d90 (my fav cam but abit too big for me) and last i try canon (a few model) and i quite like it!!!!

It so call make me decide to get canon but i really dont know what to get as along i am a nikon fan. I am looking for a beginner to a mid range kit. I am actually looking at 500d it seen to me smaller body and come in handy on me. I try on my fren 1000d body is abit big but so far quite ok. 450d not too bad also but dun really like it.

I believe as i move on in this hobby, i will slow fall in love with it to get more. Maybe to the extend to get another set of cam. I know ppl tell me it's not that much about the body more about the lens, we play with lens more.... I need a cam who can be use for a 3rd party lens as well (just in case i fall in love with other brand lens) so i really dont know what to buy.

Another thing i wanna to ask, i know this news is not new anymore.

Canon all parts are still make in Japan and all are canon parts right??? as for nikon i hear make it thai for anything that is lower range then D200 and their internal parts are not all nikon??

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wMaN View Post
    hey guys... new DSLR user, planning to get 1 very soon. I am still stuck between canon and nikon. All along being a nikon fan but today go do a some try on the nikon cam abit not use to it. I tried nikon d60 (body ok but spec so so) I tried d90 (my fav cam but abit too big for me) and last i try canon (a few model) and i quite like it!!!!

It so call make me decide to get canon but i really dont know what to get as along i am a nikon fan. I am looking for a beginner to a mid range kit. I am actually looking at 500d it seen to me smaller body and come in handy on me. I try on my fren 1000d body is abit big but so far quite ok. 450d not too bad also but dun really like it.

I believe as i move on in this hobby, i will slow fall in love with it to get more. Maybe to the extend to get another set of cam. I know ppl tell me it's not that much about the body more about the lens, we play with lens more.... I need a cam who can be use for a 3rd party lens as well (just in case i fall in love with other brand lens) so i really dont know what to buy.

Another thing i wanna to ask, i know this news is not new anymore.

Canon all parts are still make in Japan and all are canon parts right??? as for nikon i hear make it thai for anything that is lower range then D200 and their internal parts are not all nikon??
    Almost all Nikon DSLRs use Sony sensors. If you like Nikon that much then just get it, don't need to think so much. If you like to think then I suggest you to look beyond Canon and Nikon. Their entry level offerings are far from the best in town.

hmmmm, I suppose Nikon and Canon should close shop and forget about entry-level cameras then...
    Exploring! :)

is it important whether the parts in the camera come from Japan or not?

Not really, no.
    Alpha

Yes. If the part is important & do make a difference in Image Quality.

I believed Cameras are precise equipment & feel it's much better if made in Japan or higher end countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    Yes. If the part is important & do make a difference in Image Quality.

I believed Cameras are precise equipment & feel it's much better if made in Japan or higher end countries.
    No use believing. Provide substantial proof in DSLR gears for your claim with regard to this. Parts from developed country =/= better build all the time.

In fact, the build of some equipments from China are starting to be on par with equipments made in developed countries. I'd bet on my YongNuo equipments and Benro tripod for this.
    Last edited by Evilchaosz; 18th October 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Don't forget Canon's 1000D, it's good enough for "entry-level" till you get enough exp and cash to go "pro".

Also, if you're serious about starting into photography, check what bundles and buy-for-buy packages they have. One example was my 75-300mm, by itself it's RRP is $450 but buy-with-buy it cost me $130. Push for more freebies, don't be afraid to express disappointment, excitement and disgust when "negotiating", after all... the customer is always right. =)
    better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied -J.S. Mill
    1000D. My works

Quote Originally Posted by Keenblade View Post
    Don't forget Canon's 1000D, it's good enough for "entry-level" till you get enough exp and cash to go "pro".

Also, if you're serious about starting into photography, check what bundles and buy-for-buy packages they have. One example was my 75-300mm, by itself it's RRP is $450 but buy-with-buy it cost me $130. Push for more freebies, don't be afraid to express disappointment, excitement and disgust when "negotiating", after all... the customer is always right. =)
    i know customer is always right, but how is it possible to actually able to get the retailer to cut down to price to so little. if its second hand, then i agree, maybe cos' lens may have some defects, or for the fact that its second hand. but if is first hand, hows that even possible? is there a trick or something?

i know customer is always right, but how is it possible to actually able to get the retailer to cut down to price to so little. if its second hand, then i agree, maybe cos' lens may have some defects, or for the fact that its second hand. but if is first hand, hows that even possible? is there a trick or something?
    No lah... no real trick.
    It's mainly to do with the difference between RRP and street price.

For example, a camera with RRP of $1099 might only be selling for about $950.
    A lens with RRP of $450 might only be selling for $390.

Therefore 950 + 390 = $1340.
    If shop offers you camera at $1099 with lens at 'special price' of $200, that's $1299, which is cheaper than $1340, but not by a HUGE margin.
    This is the "trick" regularly employed at electronics fairs, be it for lenses or accessories like flash, etc.

It's still a good deal la, but not a steal, that's all.
    No magic involved
    Exploring! :)

nikon is make is thailand, parts are from all over the places.... sensor are from sony which what alot of ppl tell me that. As i say early on ppl tell me that their normal cam are mainly make in thailand only d200 above is from japan.

As for canon still make in japan, so far dont hear dun comment about it, i mean quaility wise i cant compare with nikon cause i never use nikon before. I quite like canon but cant decide which model.

I know different ppl have different view and these 2 brand are mainly just 'brandes' item to attract customer. Ppl tell me for start sony will be good and easy.

Well i am greedy... i will buy a mid range and stick to it for abt 2-3yrs and of cause most impt is lens. I will buy lens to carry on.

*can someone tell me what will be a reasonable cam for canon since i know what i want for nikon. Than i can go shop to try out that canon model and compare again.

my experience with made in japan cars and made in thailand car from the same parent compaines tell me that made in japan cars are better in term of assemblies... even if their parts is from all over the world... its the assembly line people culture that makes the difference... i been to japanese assembly lines, as well as thailand assembly lines of various companies, alto not making cameras, i can tell for sure that japanese has more pride in assembling their products when in every part of the world... but its the local line ppl who does the assemblies, and this cultural aspect cant be change... i suppose...
    Last edited by twisted illusion; 19th October 2009 at 10:11 AM.
    life is but a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wMaN View Post
    nikon is make is thailand, parts are from all over the places.... sensor are from sony which what alot of ppl tell me that. As i say early on ppl tell me that their normal cam are mainly make in thailand only d200 above is from japan.

As for canon still make in japan, so far dont hear dun comment about it, i mean quaility wise i cant compare with nikon cause i never use nikon before. I quite like canon but cant decide which model.

I know different ppl have different view and these 2 brand are mainly just 'brandes' item to attract customer. Ppl tell me for start sony will be good and easy.

Well i am greedy... i will buy a mid range and stick to it for abt 2-3yrs and of cause most impt is lens. I will buy lens to carry on.

*can someone tell me what will be a reasonable cam for canon since i know what i want for nikon. Than i can go shop to try out that canon model and compare again.

For Canon (entry to mid), there's the 1000D, 450D, 500D, 50D, 40D (2nd hand?), 7D (being semi-pro range).

A bit hard to suggest a "reasonable" cam as what is reasonable to you?

What's your budget range?
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted illusion View Post
    my experience with made in japan cars and made in thailand car from the same parent compaines tell me that made in japan cars are better in term of assemblies... even if their parts is from all over the world... its the assembly line people culture that makes the difference... i been to japanese assembly lines, as well as thailand assembly lines of various companies, alto not making cameras, i can tell for sure that japanese has more pride in assembling their products when in every part of the world... but its the line ppl who doesnt the assemblies who doesnt, and this cultural aspect cant be change... i suppose...
    Doesn't matter made in japan or thailand. D3 made in Japan had some hot pixels on the sensor, sent for remap, they changed the entire sensor. D300 made in thailand, perfect, no problems. 18-200VR, made in japan, VR died, apparently due to an initial design problem. 18-200VR II made in thailand, fixed the design issue. Optically both are same.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast