Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hearts, colors and love.

Default Re: Hearts, colors and love.

哈哈。。。 Thanks! yea, I will continue shooting now and then but won't be as often as now.... LOL...
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

#37 (Screaming for love)

** I had this image wash out abit of the color. Not sure if it would work, but just took a deep breath and gave it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel84 View Post
    haha, cos, i'm lousy :'(
    and this series was only setup to count down towards my ROM. So after that, I doubt I will have the energy to lug my camera wherever i go, its been a fullfilling experience i must say. But I do not know if i can keep up with it. The time and energy spent is incredible! haha...

As so far, this is the most sincere words from a thinking photographer, as I'd recall one master photographer once said...great pictures are not just merely taken, its being made. ( of course there is cost incurred too. )

My summary for good pictures...Effort + Time + Cost besides Technique and Artistic Creativity.
    If one does not prepare to spend Effort and Time...all Creative ideas are...just ideas.

Your theme,seems to be..Less Is More. Cheers.

#38 *Opened, I found colors in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    [/B]
    As so far, this is the most sincere words from a thinking photographer, as I'd recall one master photographer once said...great pictures are not just merely taken, its being made. ( of course there is cost incurred too. )

My summary for good pictures...Effort + Time + Cost besides Technique and Artistic Creativity.
    If one does not prepare to spend Effort and Time...all Creative ideas are...just ideas.

Your theme,seems to be..Less Is More. Cheers.
    THanks. But i ain't no master, Hahaha... And I'm not so much of a thinking photographer. Although the thought process put into every pic, kills my energy and brain greatly; I ve a small brain. There are really many great thinking photographers out there, whom ideas are far beyond mine. >.<

Just slowly climbing my way up, my ideas always seem so mediocre as compared to theirs. And they always seems to be able to make the cheapest looking things looks expensive.

Haha, you seems to have obtained an Oscar Award in Flicker, isn't it ?

haha.... that one is lucky de... if can produce each and every image that is oscar award, then i'm good. LOL...

#39 *You got mail: Love letter

i like ur creativity! where do you get your inspiration/ideas from? hope to see more shots from you.

Quote Originally Posted by vodkaice View Post
    i like ur creativity! where do you get your inspiration/ideas from? hope to see more shots from you.

goto his flickr, u will know

After re-look into all the pics, noticed that most images are pretty fuzzy. Yhe only one give the strongest impact is the shoe shot. Need to improve on colour harmony, though ideas are good, but I'd found some shots, the white are much too distracting.
    Overall, there wasn't much drama in the lighting imput. Generally quite same same.
    To verify, go thro all the pics at one go and you're find the answer.

Yea, i agree on the lighting part. Was working within very very very thick constrains and i have only one camera off shoe flash with no remote. I wished i had more liberty in the place that I'm working at. But nope >.<

Perhaps some light can be shed onto me on how to better play with one flash? I have tried turning and bouncing my flash everywhere, haha... Is there any interesting settings or composition that anyone could share with me? I would really try it out. Lets learn and share together.

I love the pencils shots

I tried to play my light off the camera this time. Like I said, i was working with tight conditions. Eg. My flash internal cct is blown >.<

Tried my best to vary the lighting already. But i guess i still suck.

Instead of using flash, I suggest you go for a change using continous light, with your quick thinking mind, I am very sure you will discover lots of new possibilities to light your subject.

Budget jump start...just an LED torch. Erh...room light off please.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 26th November 2009 at 02:00 AM.

Wah continous lights ar. That one difficult wor. Especially when it comes to combining it with composition. >.< Got any link of pics that I can take a look? To grasp an idea on how to maximise the effect?

haha, after reading what CabbySHE said 5 times. No joke, I re-read that line "discover lots of new possibilities to light your subject."

I came up with this noobish attempt. Well, I'm ready for some heavy trashing, as this has been my uncharted ground. So let me know if it works, gd, bad, where bad, where good. I think I'm still able to take it.

#41 (Mixed fruits)

I never do much to the colors, only clean up the bottom cos its supported by the base of a plate, and I dun have anything to blow it to get it pure white.
    Last edited by nigel84; 26th November 2009 at 10:28 PM.

Mixed fruit would be more appropriate.

beautiful beautiful again... amazing knack for seeing things we'd normally pass over

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast