Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 985

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

  1. #81

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    We need a sugardaddy fast!!!

  2. #82

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    heyheyHEY!

    goodbye rafa! i hope..

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    next time we will ban u from all fixtures involving LFC.


    u go to the match and we buang!
    At least I didn't bring a beach ball...

    And FWIW, I don't think I saw us lose a game last season. Including the opening day at Sunderland that the D3 managed to screw up :P

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    I'm honestly very surprised by the anti-Rafa sentiments doing the rounds here. It seems a little more vehement than the sentiment on Merseyside.

    I'm not sure what exactly we're hoping for.

    Who would replace him? That requires finding someone who's available, and who is better than him. If you can even look at it vaguely objectively, then you have to realise he is a good manager. Maybe (and personally I would contest this) not the very best, but still pretty good. There are maybe five managers that are better than him, and they'll almost certainly be very happily tied up in very big clubs, most of which will almost certainly have more money to spend than we do.

    Personally the single biggest reason we're struggled this season is because our defence is struggling massively. Carragher has in all honesty had a poor 12-18 months now. Skrtel has gone massively off the boil and is making mistakes (as in Carra for that matter) and we can't keep Agger fit.

    Perhaps this is Rafa's fault, but he was responsible for fully developing Carragher in the first place, as well as bringing Agger and Skrtel to the club. What we haven't got is the money to buy another top class centre back to cover for loss of form or injury.

    Let's face it we don't have money to spend and we sound like we're slipping further into debt.

    Looking at the game, we let in one dodgy goal thanks to the beach ball, although in all honesty we deserved to concede that one anyway. Darren Bent might have scored a couple more. If I'm perfectly honest but for a bit of luck we might have had 3 or 4 ourselves. That was with Lucas doing not a lot, Spearing sadly looking nothing like his debut against Madrid, and Babel being, well, Babel.

    He looks very threatening when he actually runs at people and if I'm honest if was nice to see him do that (fairly sure he was under instructions) but he just can't beat his man at the moment.

    As mentioned, but for some luck or lack thereof, Yossi, Dirk, Glen and Ryan could all have scored. That ping pong in the Sunderland box shortly after they scored had us wondering how the ball didn't find the back of the net. We had other opportunities that although maybe not clear cut, on another day could easily have gone in. The presence of Torres would have made a massive difference.

    We do have a massive problem upfront, where we have no decent backup for Torres. A long standing problem and I have this sneaky suspicion Rafa knows it too. Again, we have no finances. We bought Torres, next year we bought Keane. The money for that went to Johnson, and the money for Alonso went towards Aquilani.

    Let's get *behind* the team, rather than sharing the glory when they do well and tearing into them when they don't. The Liverpool fans stayed and applauded the Sunderland team at the end - that's what makes Liverpool supporters special, and frankly reading some of the stuff on here just makes me embarrassed.

    What's the phrase in the thread title again? YNWA.

  5. #85

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I'm honestly very surprised by the anti-Rafa sentiments doing the rounds here. It seems a little more vehement than the sentiment on Merseyside.

    I'm not sure what exactly we're hoping for.

    Who would replace him? That requires finding someone who's available, and who is better than him. If you can even look at it vaguely objectively, then you have to realise he is a good manager. Maybe (and personally I would contest this) not the very best, but still pretty good. There are maybe five managers that are better than him, and they'll almost certainly be very happily tied up in very big clubs, most of which will almost certainly have more money to spend than we do.

    Personally the single biggest reason we're struggled this season is because our defence is struggling massively. Carragher has in all honesty had a poor 12-18 months now. Skrtel has gone massively off the boil and is making mistakes (as in Carra for that matter) and we can't keep Agger fit.

    Perhaps this is Rafa's fault, but he was responsible for fully developing Carragher in the first place, as well as bringing Agger and Skrtel to the club. What we haven't got is the money to buy another top class centre back to cover for loss of form or injury.

    Let's face it we don't have money to spend and we sound like we're slipping further into debt.

    Looking at the game, we let in one dodgy goal thanks to the beach ball, although in all honesty we deserved to concede that one anyway. Darren Bent might have scored a couple more. If I'm perfectly honest but for a bit of luck we might have had 3 or 4 ourselves. That was with Lucas doing not a lot, Spearing sadly looking nothing like his debut against Madrid, and Babel being, well, Babel.

    He looks very threatening when he actually runs at people and if I'm honest if was nice to see him do that (fairly sure he was under instructions) but he just can't beat his man at the moment.

    As mentioned, but for some luck or lack thereof, Yossi, Dirk, Glen and Ryan could all have scored. That ping pong in the Sunderland box shortly after they scored had us wondering how the ball didn't find the back of the net. We had other opportunities that although maybe not clear cut, on another day could easily have gone in. The presence of Torres would have made a massive difference.

    We do have a massive problem upfront, where we have no decent backup for Torres. A long standing problem and I have this sneaky suspicion Rafa knows it too. Again, we have no finances. We bought Torres, next year we bought Keane. The money for that went to Johnson, and the money for Alonso went towards Aquilani.

    Let's get *behind* the team, rather than sharing the glory when they do well and tearing into them when they don't. The Liverpool fans stayed and applauded the Sunderland team at the end - that's what makes Liverpool supporters special, and frankly reading some of the stuff on here just makes me embarrassed.

    What's the phrase in the thread title again? YNWA.
    Actually criticizing the team dosen't equate to not supporting the team. I think the bone of contention is with the dear coach -Spanish waiter Rafa Benit-ass.

    Think deep and hard- after about 5 yrs in charge of LFC,just look at yesterday's team without Torres and Gerard. Yes,the team that Rafa built for so long n also signed so many ( I think 67 players!) .Ya ,we may not sack him or have an immediate replacement but think of him at the helm for say 5 more yrs...........We are at best without the afore mentioned 2,at level with say,Fulham n Everton. After the other big 3,we still have to compete with Spurs,Man City,Aston Villa for the 4th spot.

    I'm not giving up hope BUT unless we win almost all our remaining matches,I think we are really in a mess come end of the season even if we beat Man U nxt week.

    Don;t know how we can stand the stubbornness n kiasi-ness of Rafa for so long. His favourite like Kuyt,Lucas,babel ( ?) players are actually like him- ball -less and aimless

    Very soon ,we will not even be top 4 anymore!

    PEACE

  6. #86
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    As much as it hurts, not being in the top-4 and missing out on the Champions League next season may just be be the tonic we need for a revamp in the very top (owners, manager, etc).
    Last edited by yyD70S; 18th October 2009 at 10:15 AM.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dry Cabinet
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    With so many matches to go, chances of losing or draw more games is a possibility with this kind of form.

    I think if don't go below top 8 would be good already.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    WA!! 2 soulmates for bro rodz. i think he will be extremely delighted!
    LIke I said before, if Rafa goes then the non English players like Torres will go back home. Then again Rafa doesnt believe in British players and doesnt have many Brit players so he has to rebuild the team in the light of next season's requirement.

    Missing European Cup next season means major short selling. Forecasting on short selling in stock market cannot never be that easy hahaa

    Perhaps Paul Judas Ince could be a better alternative.
    Last edited by jeff49er; 18th October 2009 at 10:06 AM.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Actually criticizing the team dosen't equate to not supporting the team.
    Oh, I'll criticise the team alright, and that doesn't disqualify you from supporting the team. But...

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Spanish waiter Rafa Benit-ass.
    Does that sound like criticism to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    I'm not giving up hope BUT unless we win almost all our remaining matches,I think we are really in a mess come end of the season even if we beat Man U nxt week.
    Are we in a really big mess come the end of the season? How so? If we finish anywhere other than 1st? I guess I'm lucky because I get exposed to fans who support teams that don't win anything, ever. I was at Carlisle v Norwich the other day in League One. I shot Forest v Yeovil a few years ago. If you think midtable in the Premiership is bad then you should try battling against relegation from League Two.

    We're not doing as well as we might like, but we're still doing pretty well compared to a heck of a lot of clubs out there. I know "we're Liverpool we should be up there at the very top" but no club has that divine right - look at Newcastle, or Leeds for that matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    His favourite like Kuyt,Lucas,babel ( ?) players are actually like him- ball -less and aimless
    Kuyt is an excellent player. I think he had his detractors here for a while but I think the vast, vast majority of fans here now value him very highly as do everything I hear coming from people within football. He has more skill than people give him credit for, he is pretty good in the air (not necessarily in front of goal but he is for example the best target man we have), he holds the ball up well, and he is a fairly intelligent player. And of course his biggest strength is that he absolutely works his socks off each and every single game.

    Today towards the end I remember thinking maybe he'll get taken off cause he's been working so hard. But then I remember thinking hopefully they don't take him off because after 85min of chasing he'll still work harder than anyone they might bring on. Strangely enough, it's not the first time I've thought that.

    Lucas on the other hand, didn't do much today, and I think most people don't think he'll make it in the Premiership. We didn't pay a lot for him and more importantly, who else did we have to play today? It's all well and good criticising Lucas, and Benitez for playing him, but who else could he play? Let's see, how about giving a chance to someone from the youth team... hmm, not Spearing by any chance?

    No, Mascherano wasn't the solution, for the same reason Insua was nowhere to be found.

    Same reason with Babel. Who else are you going to play? Riera was maybe the one change I would have made, and I don't know what the situation is with him but something is up. I thought Babel was certainly driven today, he just lacked the execution. As I said, he looked very good running at people and along with Johnson looked the most likely to make something happen.

    Posts such as goon and domdomino's... it's damn this damn that, idiot this idiot that, and nowhere in there is any suggestion of what could be done to improve the situation aside from a certain head rolling. Criticism is putting it very mildly.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    LIke I said before, if Rafa goes then the non English players like Torres will go back home.
    I'm not sure they'd all go but I would put money on Torres leaving regardless of what he's said. Unless we find some majorly top drawer manager. As I said in a previous post, who would come?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Then again Rafa doesnt believe in British players and doesnt have many Brit players so he has to rebuild the team in the light of next season's requirement.
    I don't think he doesn't believe in British players, they're just overpriced. I remember people complaining about Johnson at 17m and I for one raised an eyebrow. Today is the first time I've seen him in the flesh and I think it was money well spent. There is no Torres in an English jersey. Or an Alonso for that matter - you could come close to standard if not style of play but they would all be with big teams. Say, Hargreaves, Carrick to an extent, Barry (this is the same Barry Rafa tried to buy at the expense of the non-English Alonso for who he is now taking the most godawful flak for forcing out of the club because of his pursuit of said English player). I understand we were seriously interested in Michael Turner but we don't have 12m and ended up paying 2m for Sotiris Kyrgiakos. It's silly money, and money we're going to need to find with the new minimum home grown regulations.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Perhaps Paul Judas Ince could be a better alternative.
    Don't see why not seeing as we still have his son, who'd better be good but I'm not holding my breath.

  11. #91
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    At least I didn't bring a beach ball...

    And FWIW, I don't think I saw us lose a game last season. Including the opening day at Sunderland that the D3 managed to screw up :P
    now we all know why...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #92
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    LIke I said before, if Rafa goes then the non English players like Torres will go back home. Then again Rafa doesnt believe in British players and doesnt have many Brit players so he has to rebuild the team in the light of next season's requirement.

    Missing European Cup next season means major short selling. Forecasting on short selling in stock market cannot never be that easy hahaa

    Perhaps Paul Judas Ince could be a better alternative.
    i dun recall paul ince with a middle name 'judas'.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #93
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Actually criticizing the team dosen't equate to not supporting the team. I think the bone of contention is with the dear coach -Spanish waiter Rafa Benit-ass.

    Think deep and hard- after about 5 yrs in charge of LFC,just look at yesterday's team without Torres and Gerard. Yes,the team that Rafa built for so long n also signed so many ( I think 67 players!) .Ya ,we may not sack him or have an immediate replacement but think of him at the helm for say 5 more yrs...........We are at best without the afore mentioned 2,at level with say,Fulham n Everton. After the other big 3,we still have to compete with Spurs,Man City,Aston Villa for the 4th spot.

    I'm not giving up hope BUT unless we win almost all our remaining matches,I think we are really in a mess come end of the season even if we beat Man U nxt week.

    Don;t know how we can stand the stubbornness n kiasi-ness of Rafa for so long. His favourite like Kuyt,Lucas,babel ( ?) players are actually like him- ball -less and aimless

    Very soon ,we will not even be top 4 anymore!

    PEACE
    LFC is made up of 2 players now.



    so sad.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #94

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Posts such as goon and domdomino's... it's damn this damn that, idiot this idiot that, and nowhere in there is any suggestion of what could be done to improve the situation aside from a certain head rolling. Criticism is putting it very mildly.[/QUOTE]

    Jed, can't really blame us for posting such comments. What else can we do but bitch to each other or cry on each other's shoulders?

    The frustrating thing is alot of 'smaller' clubs will fight tooth n nail but somehow the team looks bereft of ideas thanx to some playing out of postition. I like Kuyt ( i really do) coz I think he has improved tremendously BUT u can't rely on him to pull off some magic.Youssi's our best bet but he was warming our bench when we played Chelsea. Benitez tactics to me is just so bloody safe,even against the bottom clubs. I think he expects us to score 1 and not concede any for the rest of his career in LFC. Substitutions only come in mostly 15-20 mins towards to end esp when we are trailing but by then it's too late liaozz.......

    I;m a fan for 20 over yrs so u expect people like me to just sit back,smile n be happy when i see the team like that? I 've already pressed the panic button when Alonso was sold so no guessing where the finger's still at?

    PEACE

  15. #95
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    i guess we have been rebuilding for the past few years... and sad to say, still rebuilding.
    we haf to rebuild becos star midfielder alonso bueysong stupid raf999 and finally left.





    admit it!!! raf999 helped alonso made up his mind to leave the club 2 seasons ago! alonso said so!

    if i was in alonso's shoes back then, wangbadan, i oso bueysong and will want to go lor!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #96
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Posts such as goon and domdomino's... it's damn this damn that, idiot this idiot that, and nowhere in there is any suggestion of what could be done to improve the situation aside from a certain head rolling. Criticism is putting it very mildly.
    Jed, can't really blame us for posting such comments. What else can we do but bitch to each other or cry on each other's shoulders?

    The frustrating thing is alot of 'smaller' clubs will fight tooth n nail but somehow the team looks bereft of ideas thanx to some playing out of postition. I like Kuyt ( i really do) coz I think he has improved tremendously BUT u can't rely on him to pull off some magic.Youssi's our best bet but he was warming our bench when we played Chelsea. Benitez tactics to me is just so bloody safe,even against the bottom clubs. I think he expects us to score 1 and not concede any for the rest of his career in LFC. Substitutions only come in mostly 15-20 mins towards to end esp when we are trailing but by then it's too late liaozz.......

    I;m a fan for 20 over yrs so u expect people like me to just sit back,smile n be happy when i see the team like that? I 've already pressed the panic button when Alonso was sold so no guessing where the finger's still at?

    PEACE
    aiya, jed dunno la. we all so sad liao. lost 1-0 and all the text msges come in, 'reminding' me of the scoreline and how fantastic manCircle are doing with an excellent view at the penthouse.


    dun worry la goon!! raf999 bought a paikah in aqualanlan mah! 20m GBP ok!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #97
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    4-5-1 against non-league side!! YES!~!!!


    end of season no more raf999!!!



    i can't recall that i was this pissed off with gerard houllier! the last gaffer to earn my fantastic wrath is graeme souness!


    wow!!! raf999 is almost on equal footing!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #98

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    maybe its not such a bad time if we fall out of top 4 as yyD70S said earlier..

  19. #99

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    looking back at the team selection.. 吐血!

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Jed, can't really blame us for posting such comments. What else can we do but bitch to each other or cry on each other's shoulders?
    No, I guess not, but comments such as "Spanish waiter Benit-ass" is a bit over the top. It's insulting (and not just to the manager) and disrespectful among other things.

    Compare that to a comment I just saw from a fan on the BBC website.

    "Reality check is Liverpool can't expect to win the league with this squad. Today another loss and frankly we've lacked inspiration"

    Absolutely agree with the guy and there's nothing positive there. But it at least sound like reasonable comment.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •