Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyboy View Post
    Graeme souness era .. errr... the shorts were quite short ar..
    the jerseys were so tight fitting. i wear liao my beer belly sexposed!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (41) next season, perhaps?

I wont say the failure is all due to rafa la.. but he certainly has a big part to it. I believe last season was our best chance to win it as Chelsea was destablised by Mournho/Phil and then Arsenal's team was badly affected by inexperience/injuries and Man U actually drops a lot of points. We just fail to win many matches that was drawn. If we convert 2 of the 11 (iirc) draws, we are EPL champ already. In a way, we kinda overachieves (we did win 15 out of 18 points from the big 4 matches).

This season, i always think Chelsea will be the main title contender, Man U will be there because of their depth and SAF's experience. Arsenal and Man City is the wild card that could surprise. I am not concern if we don't win this year, after all we already waited 19 yrs.... If we win EPL, we have to establish a side that can challenge every year.

Our biggest problem is lack of depth, from GK (who to replace Reina, no good young hungry keep), Def (New CD to replace Carra eventually, RB? Martin Kelly?), Mid (who to replace Alonso, persistent problem on the flanks), Att(who to partner/replace torres). With so much uncertainties, i think we should not kid ourselves that we can win the EPL. We might, but we will need huge slice of luck.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

aqualanlan? who the hell is that? 20m GBP. swee la.
    Hahaha. another signing like rubbish king, pay 20m GBP , than sell back for 7GBP. .

We discuss the Alonso situation at length. Rafa made the decision at the end of the midfielder’s fourth season, in 2008; for two years Xabi wasn’t quite cutting it – loads of Kopites were even saying as much – and in Gareth Barry, Rafa had in mind a more robust player, with different qualities and, crucially, an English passport for the changing rules. And with Xabi’s wife expecting a baby, there had been rumblings of a desire to return to Spain.

This is something that is quite true and understandable. I do think that once Real comes in for Alonso, we had to sell him... Also, other than last year, when Gerrard and Torres is a bit off form, Alonso didnt really play very well the 2 seasons before that.

Even so, I can see how eager he is to have the world understand his ideas, especially when ex-players and the vast majority of the media are clearly hostile and keen to misrepresent him; he knows that unlike some of his rivals, he doesn’t have friends in high places, such as Fleet Street, Sky TV, the League Managers’ Association and the FA. (These are my assumptions; he gives no specifics. But it’s not hard to see which managers work the system for their advantage through old pals networks, and which clubs have greater influence in certain areas.)

True again...This is evident in how Gary Megson came out in defence of SAF in the Referee fitness saga... imagine what will happen if it's RAFA who says that... Also, rem the hooha when Rafa mentioned that Everton is a small club... SAF said the same about Man City when they put up the "welcome to Manchester" banners in Manchester to remind MAn U which is the team the local supports..

It suddenly occurs to me that if every individual critic of Rafa’s could sit down and have a similar conversation, they’d be converted. At the very least, they’d be a lot wiser.

True again.. Most people don't know Rafa... but hor, now i just tired... dun wanna know already... just go!

very true for what he said. Pennant is a good winger which i still like him to be at liverpool. But it seem Lafa didnt fancy him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    he's paid to write good stuff and to wring our thoughts out of control.

spin doctor yes.

i dun even read his rubbish article anymore.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 23rd October 2009 at 06:58 PM.

wangbadan. buy then sell buy then sell.

eat sai la raf999!

I'm still with Rafa...no doubt about it...
    I'm the same even if O'neill comes in...and do worst than Rafa...
    When the team is successful,i'm happy for them...when the team is in crisis,i'll back them...i love LFC...football for me is a game i enjoy,win,lose,draw...
    I'm just wondering,if LFC suddenly start to wining games again,maybe 4 straight wins in the league & suddenly found ourself just behind the leader with only a point or 2 behind...will all those doubters change their mind? Say all of a sudden LFC win 10 games and lead the table...will Rafa...Lucas,Babel,Kuyt be a living legend? Theres still 20+ games...lets enjoy the season...
    Every team will suffer some loss of form...isnt it better to have a blip now?

I'm sure when everyone is fit,we'll see a better performance from the team...

What we need is a streak of 3-4 wins...then the confidence will be back...

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    very true for what he said. Pennant is a good winger which i still like him to be at liverpool. But it seem Lafa didnt fancy him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wangbadan. buy then sell buy then sell.

eat sai la raf999!
    if i remember correctly,pennent was with arse sometime back? If he is indeed good,wouldnt wenger want to keep him? He's english,why isnt he in the england setup? I'm sure when Rafa signed him,all he wants is to get pennent to start playing good football at a consistent level...i doubt when pennent played,he's consistent...if not england would have called him.

fergie once signed a worldclass midfielder called veron...super player when with lazio...what happened? offloaded to,donno where now. If a player cant perform to what the manager wants...do u still want to keep?

alonso..alonso..alonso...

i've no doubt that he was good last season but like i said many times before,what did he do that really strike our mind during his previous few seasons? any? he's gone now...lets move on...mighty madrid also lost their last champions league game...did super alonso play? errrrr,i really dont know & i dont care...

we'll play manure this weekend...i really dont have great expectation going into this game...even if its at home...but this should be a good game of football even if LFC get thrashed...i hope to be able to watch it...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    alonso..alonso..alonso...

i've no doubt that he was good last season but like i said many times before,what did he do that really strike our mind during his previous few seasons? any? he's gone now...lets move on...mighty madrid also lost their last champions league game...did super alonso play? errrrr,i really dont know & i dont care...

we'll play manure this weekend...i really dont have great expectation going into this game...even if its at home...but this should be a good game of football even if LFC get thrashed...i hope to be able to watch it...
    bro rodz, don't u know that alonso has always been the heartbeat of LFC's midfield?

with mascherano joining us and finally settling in on his 2nd season, our midfield became super strong and alonso can finally concentrate on playmaking and dictating the pace of the flow of the game.

like i said many threads ago and about 2 or 3 seasons ago when stevie G is keen to move to chel$ki with josie the moaningrhino still in charge, it is okay to let stevie G go as it will free some $$ to us and the most important thing is, we've got xabi alonso.

now, we really missed xabi alonso.

it is so clear to me and many others that the midfield is F9, with clowns like louya leiva getting games after games!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    if i remember correctly,pennent was with arse sometime back? If he is indeed good,wouldnt wenger want to keep him? He's english,why isnt he in the england setup? I'm sure when Rafa signed him,all he wants is to get pennent to start playing good football at a consistent level...i doubt when pennent played,he's consistent...if not england would have called him.

fergie once signed a worldclass midfielder called veron...super player when with lazio...what happened? offloaded to,donno where now. If a player cant perform to what the manager wants...do u still want to keep?
    raf999 nananana nana na na hey hey hey GOODBYE!!!

com'on YOU REDS!!!!! stand up and be counted!!

even the off-form carra!!

we need die die at least a draw at Anfield!!!

liverbird upon our chest, we are made from the best.

HUAT AH!

com'on guys!!

This is a nice read.

It starts off with that Bill Shankly quote, and the words of Martin Johnson are particularly worth reading too