Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70-200f2.8 tc advise

Default Re: 70-200f2.8 tc advise

the converter really degrades image quality from when i've used it so far, especially once you crop down the photo... i would advise against it, but its up to you...

btw random question but if ur getting a 70-200 on a 500D that technically becomes 320mm, how is that not enough range? are you shooting the moon or something mate haha

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Conkeychua, price difference about 2.25 times.
    Canon sure know how to make lots of money....

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    Try the Kenko 1.4x 300 teleplus. it's pretty good and cheap.
    The glass is made by the THK(Tokina,Hoya,Kenko) which is the world's largest supplier of optical glass so the IQ is quite good. In fact, I can't really tell the difference in IQ between the Kenko and the Canon TCs. Just note that the build quality is not so good with a plastic body and a metal mount.
    Oh okie thanks alot for the advise. Im going to try both and see how haha.

Also, did you use it with your 70-200f4? How do you find the result?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by midicity View Post
    Of course I have seen his intention to get a 70-200 f2.8. If you read his signature, it also shows an EFS 55-250. The Kenko is usable on that because I had that combination before and it was still able to focus on a 40D even on tele-end

If he gets the kenko, he can use it on the 55-250 as well as his future 70-200.

There are reviews online that shows the kenko pro 1.4TC to be a very good performer. Almost, or as good as the canon one.

Why not go for something that allows you more flexibility and save you some money as well?
    Hi Midicity,

Thats a great advise for being able to use on both lens cause i thought the size is different on the 2 different lenses.... you just set me thinking..... Flexibility would be a great but i wouldnt imagine the quality on the 55-250 with a TC... but it definatly good to have....

Thanks alot for the info.... and as of now, im more towards kenko...till my test proves otherwise.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    the converter really degrades image quality from when i've used it so far, especially once you crop down the photo... i would advise against it, but its up to you...

btw random question but if ur getting a 70-200 on a 500D that technically becomes 320mm, how is that not enough range? are you shooting the moon or something mate haha
    Well pics that i see from some of the US websites do not look so bad to me so i guess its something someone has to see from themself before making a choice....

As for the crop sensor on a 200 being 320mm, i dont really have that calculation in mind... i just look at what i shoot and sometimes crop to much until pics start to blur... so...... Well i guess you are right on the technical portion but just feel that its short. i kinda like my subject to be filling the frame but thats just me.....

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Hi Cartman,

This was my first dream......

But apparently this lens do not have OS ( I really wonder why would a lens at 2.8 not to have OS. Correct me if im wrong but i would think that 2.8 lenses are made for speed and low light. From the write up, this lens has a speed issue and no OS whats the point....

And its heavy so there goes the handheld option

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12