Thread: Share ICC Profile

Default Share ICC Profile

anyone can share their ICC profile which u use for editing photos and send it to labs for printing? or share with me your normal editing ICC profile? i'm screwed up my ICC profile accidentally. hope someone could help..
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Well what we learned today at the open house is the profile actually varies from lab to lab and will even change after the machine is serviced. So there is no 1 definitive profile to suit all labs. Your best option would be to get the profile from the lab that you intend to print from.

Best and most convenient way is to forget about colour management. It's only applicable if your entire workflow from camera to printer is colour managed. No point having a profile just at the end of the workflow. I've been using sRGB to print for ages and never had problems. Using profiles wrongly, using wrong files, etc only creates more agony.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by MoriMori
    Well what we learned today at the open house is the profile actually varies from lab to lab and will even change after the machine is serviced. So there is no 1 definitive profile to suit all labs. Your best option would be to get the profile from the lab that you intend to print from.
    thanks for ur reply. from wad i see.. i went to my nearest photo develop "lab" and i asked the uncle for their digital prints icc profile. well, the uncle asked me to explain to him wads that.. the more i explain, the more he say funny things to me. and he said that ask me change to RGB can liao. errrr, i'm living in amk.. any clubsnappers will intro me a nice lab around that area? i need to develop some photos for competiton

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Best and most convenient way is to forget about colour management. It's only applicable if your entire workflow from camera to printer is colour managed. No point having a profile just at the end of the workflow. I've been using sRGB to print for ages and never had problems. Using profiles wrongly, using wrong files, etc only creates more agony.

Regards
    CK
    oh... thanks.. errrrr any way to contact u thru online and could u send me ur sRGB ICC profile? coz i last time was trying and accidentally saved it. i think i screwed most of the profile...