Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Korea - which tour package

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,799

    Default Korea - which tour package

    Hey everyone! My family's thinking of going to Korea at the end of the year with a tour group, but we're unsure which tour agency we should go with. Anyone know of a good tour agency that goes to south korea and has skiing for newbies (maybe 1 or 2 days)? We're thinking of not spending too much time or money there, so we're trying to keep it under 1.5k per head (3) for about a week or less.

    As for gear, my dad wants to learn photography so we can share the burden of lenses. I'm gonna bring everything: 400D to my dad, 7D (going to buy) for me, 17-40L, 50 1.4, 70-200 2.8IS plus flash plus tripod plus mic. I'll also try my best to borrow/rent ... or if really not possible to borrow... buy a UWA cos I think that's what's really needed for shooting wide landscapes.

    Thoughts? Comments? Share them!

    Cheers,
    Zexun
    Last edited by Headshotzx; 14th October 2009 at 10:36 PM.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    my trip last year was with CTC, it came with 2 days at the high 1 ski resort

    can see some pictures here

    scroll down to post #8 for korea pictures (taken with a tammy 18-250)

    and here for some shots taken with a tammy 10-24

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,799

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Thanks! This one looks good: http://www.ctc.com.sg/tour.php?tourcode=KWS6
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  4. #4
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    just remember that you will be eating hotpot almost every meal
    best to buy stuff along the way

  5. #5

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Try this:

    http://www.dynastytravel.com.sg/section.aspx?kw=GT08

    They are very resonable for price

  6. #6

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    I find most of the Korean tour itineraries available locally are too family orientated...too much theme parks and shopping and not enough cultural and natural scenic components for photographers.

    I just came back from one that was organised by Hong Thai Travel and I must say that I highly don't recommend going to them. It has got to be one of the worse organised tours that I have gone on in all my years of holiday travelling. The Korean tour agency that Hong Thai sub the package to was really mercenary and penny pinching... we have always thought that the Mainland Chinese tour companies were mercenary but I was surprised that the Koreans were really far worse and it practically ruined the tour for us. I couldn't wait to come home. Wished I'd gone to Tohoku instead.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I find most of the Korean tour itineraries available locally are too family orientated...too much theme parks and shopping and not enough cultural and natural scenic components for photographers.

    I just came back from one that was organised by Hong Thai Travel and I must say that I highly don't recommend going to them. It has got to be one of the worse organised tours that I have gone on in all my years of holiday travelling. The Korean tour agency that Hong Thai sub the package to was really mercenary and penny pinching... we have always thought that the Mainland Chinese tour companies were mercenary but I was surprised that the Koreans were really far worse and it practically ruined the tour for us. I couldn't wait to come home. Wished I'd gone to Tohoku instead.
    my honeymoon with them 2 yrs back too.....

    promise a better hotel but end up empty promise. ask the tour leader, she cant even tell.

  8. #8
    Senior Member B-setting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Equator
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    my honeymoon with them 2 yrs back too.....

    promise a better hotel but end up empty promise. ask the tour leader, she cant even tell.
    advice noted and agency in my blacklist book. thnks for sharing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    my trip last year was with CTC, it came with 2 days at the high 1 ski resort

    can see some pictures here

    scroll down to post #8 for korea pictures (taken with a tammy 18-250)

    and here for some shots taken with a tammy 10-24
    Nice pics. When did you go? Early Dec?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by RedWasps View Post
    Try this:

    http://www.dynastytravel.com.sg/section.aspx?kw=GT08

    They are very resonable for price
    I am going with Dynasty Travel leaving on 28 Dec for 7 days. Cost is about $1.5k per pax including taxes. Rather excited coz it's the first time i am bringing my 5DII with me out of the country. Let me know if u need more info. about my package.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Check this out : Korea & Jeju winter tour by Dynasty

    http://3dchow.multiply.com/photos/al...inter_Ski_2008

  12. #12

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaz3 View Post
    I am going with Dynasty Travel leaving on 28 Dec for 7 days. Cost is about $1.5k per pax including taxes. Rather excited coz it's the first time i am bringing my 5DII with me out of the country. Let me know if u need more info. about my package.
    hi dude. i'm going from 19th - 27th. hahah. i fly home and you fly off.

    quite excited to go too. cos i heard its winter at that time of the year? excited to see snow. will i see snow during this period in december?

  13. #13
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    Nice pics. When did you go? Early Dec?
    mid dec 2008 (i think)

  14. #14

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroburn249 View Post
    hi dude. i'm going from 19th - 27th. hahah. i fly home and you fly off.

    quite excited to go too. cos i heard its winter at that time of the year? excited to see snow. will i see snow during this period in december?
    If you mean the snowing, i am not too sure but you should be able to see snow if you are going to the mountains.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Bro,
    i and family are going on the xmas eve 24th december. after much search and research, we decided to take this package from New Shan travel: http://tour.newshan.com/TourDetails....ourCode=07KORW

    The good thing about this package is they fly SQ, and they will have you put into the SKi Resort (yong pyong) on the second day and let you rest before you get to enjoy skiing on the next day. you still have to get to stay the second night at yong pyong after whole day playing with the ski.

    price is on the website, tax is on the website, called up the agent and quoted exactly same price with the one on website. if you are going, let me know who knows we are on the same tour. i compared the packages with others like CTC and SA. New Shan is one of the travel agents listed in the Korea Tourism Board in Singapore.

    I just plan to bring my humble 400D with kit and 50mm f1.8. with 480EX. that's all. with one compact ixus also, incase the big brother acts up on me.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    i jus went with CTC this july.

    the korean local guide Julie and the tour photography Amy were really helpful,but tat's another story...

    me & my wife enjoyed ourselves every much and are plannin another trip, probably also with CTC if not will backpack.
    we had i think 3 hotpots n almost all bbq.veri nice bbq there n not oily at all...

    we went with 18kg of stuffs, came back with abt 56kg.no extra charges at the airport
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

  17. #17

    Default Re: Korea - which tour package

    Quote Originally Posted by ijnek View Post
    i jus went with CTC this july.

    the korean local guide Julie and the tour photography Amy were really helpful,but tat's another story...

    me & my wife enjoyed ourselves every much and are plannin another trip, probably also with CTC if not will backpack.
    we had i think 3 hotpots n almost all bbq.veri nice bbq there n not oily at all...

    we went with 18kg of stuffs, came back with abt 56kg.no extra charges at the airport
    Wow that's a lot of stuff u brought back. Can tell what are the recommended buys from Korea besides those usual ladies stuff - face masks, lotions etc.?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •