Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

  1. #1

    Default What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Read about this article where our new Miss World representative says that Merlion was extinct in 1965??

    網民以“2009年世姐琵拉阿蘭多的可笑訪問錄影:魚尾獅幾時絕種的”為題,指琵拉在大賽前,接受Razo r TV的訪問,以調查她對新加坡的認識時,她竟說魚尾獅是在1965年絕種

    Chinese newspaper got report, say her IQ = 0

  2. #2
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Not unsurprising. If we trace back all these interviews for every participant, I am quite certain everyone would have some bloops and blunders in varying degrees. I guess we will never have the actual interview from RazorTV to verify this, or will we?

  3. #3

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Smart women avoid joining peagents at all costs to avoid the stigma of lower intelligence, invasion of privacy and display of dirty linen.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  4. #4
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Smart women avoid joining peagents at all costs to avoid the stigma of lower intelligence, invasion of privacy and display of dirty linen.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    I concur. A lot of smart and pretty S'porean women around. They don't need to join such pageants because they've got nothing to prove!

    Anyway, I think pageants are starting to become quite irrelevant. They try to inject some brawn into it, showing how smart they are, making them humanitarian goodwill ambassadors, etc. At the end of the day, it's nothing more than a meat parade.

    My take on Miss Singapore is this: If they want to send a representative, no need to talk so much. Miss Singapore will never make it to the final round where she'll have to open her mouth for Q&A (so in that sense, Ris Low was never at any danger of malu'ing S'pore in front of the whole world). Want to make a lasting impression? Just get a chio one with big boobs can already.

    Remember Carol Cheong? No? She was the one bursting out of her orange bikini some years back. Call me shallow, but I would've been a lot more forgiving if Ris Low had the body of Carol Cheong...
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  6. #6
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Not unsurprising. If we trace back all these interviews for every participant, I am quite certain everyone would have some bloops and blunders in varying degrees. I guess we will never have the actual interview from RazorTV to verify this, or will we?
    means its surprising?

  7. #7

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    ... Just get a chio one with big boobs can already.

    Remember Carol Cheong? No? She was the one bursting out of her orange bikini some years back. Call me shallow, but I would've been a lot more forgiving if Ris Low had the body of Carol Cheong...
    Agree totally!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    merlion cannot extict one cos it is never real. only real one can extinct. how can be extinct when no living creature like that in the first place.
    like that mermaid extinct also?

  9. #9
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    In the first place who come up with that question???

  10. #10

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    well.. to be fair, no one's perfect..

  11. #11
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    means its surprising?
    Sorry.. haha.. I meant not surprising..

  12. #12

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    In the video there is this tall chinese girl, quite good looking as well. I wonder why she didn't make it further in the competition.
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

  13. #13

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    I think folks should host peagents internally and not send them overseas to represent Singapore. Our local peagents are full of scandals. Miss Singapore Universe aren't that pristine either; with her swallowing an obscene (read organ related) cake. Ask yourself if these can be your examplary models for our daughters.

    Host it internally, let us have a good laugh; but don't send them in our name.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  14. #14

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    woah, ris low is like a female ghost, refuse to die.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    woah, ris low is like a female ghost, refuse to die.
    Well, she got one thing right.

    It's all about her.

    Boomz.

  16. #16

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    the cake issue was last year's miss sg is it ? miss kum or something.. i thought the cake was fine seriously. i mean her friends buy her that cake in the name of fun and she simply ate it. not like as if it she was eating "the real thing". then again, when you're in the limelight, people tend to nitpick like crazy. forehead got one more pimple everyone will say also.

    anw i wont say the miss world singapore was giving the wrong answer. technically, the merlion never did exist (as it is a made up creature) and if it DID (which is not likely) and we don't see it nowadays, it is extinct! anyway i think the person whom came up with this question really deserve a knock on the head, cant they ask something which makes more sense?? maybe everytime nobody watch miss singapore.. now they trying to make this event "popular" (in a notorious mannar) again..

  17. #17

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    You suspecting that Merlion might have existed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    ... and if it DID (which is not likely) and we don't see it nowadays, it is extinct!
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  18. #18

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    sorry i couldnt find a better way to put it. it is such general knowledge that the merlion did not exist so i wonder what in the world were the Q&A pple thinking when they asked such a stupid question.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    I would like to know why they pick year 1965?

  20. #20

    Default Re: What's wrong with our Miss World Singapore this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    I think folks should host peagents internally and not send them overseas to represent Singapore. Our local peagents are full of scandals. Miss Singapore Universe aren't that pristine either; with her swallowing an obscene (read organ related) cake. Ask yourself if these can be your examplary models for our daughters.

    Host it internally, let us have a good laugh; but don't send them in our name.

    i have no problem with tat cake seriously. if i can't accept it...my daughter have to be a nun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •