Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Re: Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    When drag file from window explorer into premiere pro project bin, my premiere pro freezes and die.
    i use the import function hence working Ok.

for those who want to know whether their system is 64bit ready can use this free software to check - http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html. a useful tools to audit installed softwares in your pc too.

Default Re: Window 7

Quote Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
    2)I note your screen capture shows 1.7GB ram. Is that enough to run 64bit OS?
    I read somewhere 64bit minimun is even more than 32bit
    I set 1.7Gb ram for my Virtual XP within VMWare Workstation Window, I could add more or less. And it is 32bit XP running on top of my 64bit Windows 7 seen in the background.

3)Why are you surfing with 32bit? Can 64bit be used to surf..I am a little puzzled with this
    I'm demonstrating that you could surf from the virtual XP (32bit), among other stuff. And like Yoh mentioned, 64Bit IE8 does not support plugins like Adobe flashplayer at the moment, but Windows 7 incorporate a 32bit IE version too.

So long as my CPU is 64bit capable, I can use 64bit OS right?
    I am most encouraged to go 64bit
    Yes, for your info most users install 64bit OS purely becoz they can install above 4Gb rams in their systems. About 64bit apps compatibility, it's the chicken or egg comes first saga.

If everyone adopts 64bit Windows 7, then software Co will make it available, I guess.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 22nd October 2009 at 10:02 AM.

Default Vista transformation

for those on the XP , but like the look of VISTA
    ( especially the calendar and clock ) try Vista Transformation Pack

http://www.windowsxlive.net/vista-transformation-pack

So far it works well for me. and the sound and fonts are better too.
    Give it a try.

Its a Window7a ( everything XP does but new look )

You can install Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check whether your current hardware and software will encounter problems with Windows 7. It advises you accordingly in detail any problems u might encounter and suggestions b4 actually installing it.

For those who wants to try Windows 7, Microsoft have ended the download service but I have a downloaded copy of the Windows 7 RC (Trial Version) 32bit & 64bit version. This is Microsoft legal copy which ends sometime next year. I can upload to mininova for your download, just PM me.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 22nd October 2009 at 10:10 AM.

Enthusiasts endure long waiting times for Microsoft Windows 7
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...012894/1/.html

Since HDD is cheap... can advise if this is a good idea to do?

I plan to get a new internal HDD and load the Vista OS and then do my Windows7 upgrade. Load the apps after that. If all is good after a few weeks use the original HDD as another volume.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Since HDD is cheap... can advise if this is a good idea to do?

I plan to get a new internal HDD and load the Vista OS and then do my Windows7 upgrade. Load the apps after that. If all is good after a few weeks use the original HDD as another volume.

../azul123
    Precisily, what I am doing now, current HDD with Vista is running in a mobile rack. Will be switching to a new HDD and install the Window 7. Once everything stable then format the old HDD or put aside as a black up OS.
    Last edited by phoakm; 22nd October 2009 at 11:12 AM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Precisily, what I am doing now, current HDD with Vista is running in a mobile rack. Will be switching to a new HDD and install the Window 7. Once everything stable then format the old HDD or put aside as a black up OS.
    Great... I shall do that then.

../azul123

Great... I shall do that then.

../azul123
    but do take note only one OS is able to run at a time. This method will give the flexiblity to run any OS you want for the system. You may have 3 HDD with 3 different OS to choose.

All my images are kept in the seperate drive. I try to keep the applications in the OS drive. If anything goes wrong, my data files will be save in another drive. With HDD collected through SATA, now HDD transfer are more flexible.
    Last edited by phoakm; 22nd October 2009 at 11:36 AM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    but do take note only one OS is able to run at a time. This method will give the flexiblity to run any OS you want for the system. You may have 3 HDD with 3 different OS to choose.

All my images are kept in the seperate drive. I try to keep the applications in the OS drive. If anything goes wrong, my data files will be save in another drive. With HDD collected through SATA, now HDD transfer are more flexible.
    Yup, noted.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Yes, for your info most users install 64bit OS purely becoz they can install above 4Gb rams in their systems. About 64bit apps compatibility, it's the chicken or egg comes first saga.

If everyone adopts 64bit Windows 7, then software Co will make it available, I guess.
    Application compatibility wise, most software should run perfectly though.

Any system that meets the minimum requirement for Windows 7 64bit should go for 64bit instead of 32bit.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Application compatibility wise, most software should run perfectly though.

Any system that meets the minimum requirement for Windows 7 64bit should go for 64bit instead of 32bit.
    Whether your printers and scanners will work in 64-bit mode is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Whether your printers and scanners will work in 64-bit mode is another question.
    Hm... not much of a problem for me. The drivers from Vista works well in Windows 7. I've even tried to install Canon iR series driver, no problem at all.

And as long as the device has a 64bit driver available for Vista, it should work for Windows 7 too.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Hm... not much of a problem for me. The drivers from Vista works well in Windows 7. I've even tried to install Canon iR series driver, no problem at all.

And as long as the device has a 64bit driver available for Vista, it should work for Windows 7 too.
    Currently my Canon Pro9000 and Epson V350 scanner works with Vista 64bit... looks like I am good for Windows7 64bit.

../azul123

Currently my Canon Pro9000 and Epson V350 scanner works with Vista 64bit... looks like I am good for Windows7 64bit.

../azul123
    Why not?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Just ordered mine via Dell online. Easy and quick, now waiting for delivery, should arrive next week, I think.

../azul123

Just ordered mine via Dell online. Easy and quick, now waiting for delivery, should arrive next week, I think.

../azul123
    Might be faster.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Next week is ok, lah... got to go to SLS get a 1TB HDD first. This time, I think I'll go for the WD Black.

../azul123

Next week is ok, lah... got to go to SLS get a 1TB HDD first. This time, I think I'll go for the WD Black.

../azul123
    My brand of choice too

../azul123
    I never order Dell computers before. How's their delivery? On time?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast