Page 1 of 16 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

Window 7 launch on 22 Oct 2009. Who is getting?

Currently, testing the official version of Window 7 on my Sony Z series. I noticed that the processing speed and memory usage improved. The start up and shut down are faster. The battery management also improved, which increase the usage for another 1/2 hour more than Vista.

I will be getting 2X Window 7 Pro (64bit) for my desktop and another laptop which is coming soon. I would like to see the OS make my desktop fly.
    Last edited by sbs99; 20th October 2009 at 12:28 AM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Default Re: Window 7

I'll wait..... remember the 'hype' about Window VISTA.... still leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I'll wait..... remember the 'hype' about Window VISTA.... still leaves a sour taste in my mouth
    Its normal for ppl to feel this way cos really VISTA sucks.... But for Win7, its another story. A pieces of advice, go try it out first before buy. If you follow closely on win7 beta version, it is whole lot faster then VISTA.

Being a user of almost all platform software ranging from the older generation DOS, win3.11, winXX series to VISTA, Win7 not to mention owning a Macbook with Snow Leapord running and RedHat 5 , CentOS.... I would say for a user who still wants a window base system,

Look out for Win7 ...

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Its normal for ppl to feel this way cos really VISTA sucks.... But for Win7, its another story. A pieces of advice, go try it out first before buy. If you follow closely on win7 beta version, it is whole lot faster then VISTA.

Being a user of almost all platform software ranging from the older generation DOS, win3.11, winXX series to VISTA, Win7 not to mention owning a Macbook with Snow Leapord running and RedHat 5 , CentOS.... I would say for a user who still wants a window base system,

Look out for Win7 ...

You are the master of all OS in window and Mac world.

Bro, my mobile rack is installed, the 500 gig is ready. Next week chiong Window 7. See my Core i7 fly.

If everything stable. Will upgrade my default system with SLI and additional 6 gig more rams. Ready for Diablo!!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    You are the master of all OS in window and Mac world.

Bro, my mobile rack is installed, the 500 gig is ready. Next week chiong Window 7. See my Core i7 fly.

If everything stable. Will upgrade my default system with SLI and additional 6 gig more rams. Ready for Diablo!!
    haha, not master, I'm just a user who like to play with OS .... hehe ... need my hlp u know what number to call. I would say, your Core I7 confirm fly. And advice, when you get your 64bit win7, if possible Max out our RAM. Confirm you will see the different and extra Juice .. lol
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 14th October 2009 at 09:18 AM.

haha, not master, I'm just a user who like to play with OS .... hehe ... need my hlp u know what number to call. I would say, your Core I7 confirm fly. And advice, when you get your 64bit win7, if possible Max out our RAM. Confirm you will see the different and extra Juice .. lol
    Will do will do. If max out, it will be 12gig ram. But let's say if my system max out to 24 gig ram?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

I am getting..

This is from the recent Dell purchase, it gives me the option to get this "free" upgrade. I am not sure how best to do the upgrade, some people tells me to best do a clean install and some says just do the upgrade from Vista.

../azul123

Look out for Win7 ...

Other than desktop OS, do you try server OS like HP UX, Windows 2008 Enterprise, OS X Server?

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    I am getting..

This is from the recent Dell purchase, it gives me the option to get this "free" upgrade. I am not sure how best to do the upgrade, some people tells me to best do a clean install and some says just do the upgrade from Vista.

../azul123
    I think it depends on what you start with, as with XP, I believe it will be a "clean" install.

Was there a lot of hype for vista? I thought everyone was bashing it before it came out?

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    Other than desktop OS, do you try server OS like HP UX, Windows 2008 Enterprise, OS X Server?
    Got some hands-on some server OS lah but not really given the chance to WAck the system down. Cos its company item. haha ...

Actually what's the hype on Vista? Everybody knows it's fat and bloated before the launch.

W7 on the other hand is quite different. Just ask all the beta users.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post

Actually what's the hype on Vista? Everybody knows it's fat and bloated before the launch.

I'm not a beta user, but from using it this last month or so, it is pretty slick. Speed and polish are definitely there.

:

.... never know you are also a Window 7 user.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

BBB!
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    Saw it since last week. It think for some issues found on during beta testing.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Was there a lot of hype for vista? I thought everyone was bashing it before it came out?

Media Hype......

Luckily I did what I always did.... wait for other people to 'Sacrifice' themselves to test the product.... not the Beta Version one... but the full market release product. The very reason why I'm still using a 4 year old IBM Notebook is because I die die don't want to own any new Notebook/Lap Top that uses VISTA.

Already WINDOW 7 needs to be patch even before it hits the market - http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10374134-245.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

While I have little doubt that Win7 would be better than Vista, since Vista is as bad as it could be.... I'll wait. WinXP is still serving me well.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Windows 7 better than Vista is hyped up by those beta/RC users?

Page 1 of 16 123611 ... LastLast