Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon EOS 5D MK2 Vs Nikon D700

Default Re: Canon EOS 5D MK2 Vs Nikon D700

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Not Canon though.. You cannot mount EF-S lenses on full frame EF bodies. For Nikon, you can even disable the autocrop feature.
    Oh??? That sucks. LOL
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Can a G10 shoot at f1.2, use a fisheye, zoom beyond 10x, shoot wider than 24mm, give you 20++ MP, on and on...

Having said the above, the G10 is light and portable for travels.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    You really can't compare your G10 with it's puny sized sensor to a DSLR sensor(let alone an FF DSLR). Just take note that higher res cameras would require extraordinary lenses to make full use of the MP.
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

Yes, a G10 can't do many things, but what it can do it does very well. In fact on a recent travel trip I choose my G10 over my D700 because it gives better resolution at standard focal range and weight was an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

Yes, a G10 can't do many things, but what it can do it does very well. In fact on a recent travel trip I choose my G10 over my D700 because it gives better resolution at standard focal range and weight was an issue.
    Wow, your pictures are beautiful. Some of my pictures taken using G10 :

Any comments ?

I saw some night scene pictures really look very artificial but very beautiful in the forum. I was wondering are they playing around with photo software. Is it really can shot like this with a compact camera ?

I really don't believed my eye or maybe my skill no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    Wow, your pictures are beautiful. Some of my pictures taken using G10 :
    Er, not my pictures those. It is a reviewer's site.

Your pictures are nice. G10 has many limitations, esp noise, so it is not as easy to get good shots as compared to a D700 or 5D2.

FPS - d700 hands down
    High ISO performance - d700
    Image Quality - 5DMarkII
    Video - 5D Mark II
    Focusing Points - d700

hard to decide, but if you're a sports shooter you'd prefer the d700

Quote Originally Posted by krishna91 View Post
    FPS - d700 hands down
    High ISO performance - d700
    Image Quality - 5DMarkII
    Video - 5D Mark II
    Focusing Points - d700

hard to decide, but if you're a sports shooter you'd prefer the d700
    And that's only between those two. Now try tossing in the "old" 5D, the A850, A900, D3 and D3X.
    Alpha

I have just edited a project using both cameras and the colours, rendering and quality are very similar.

Not much difference expect for the fact both have differing pixel count. Other than that, both are pretty much the same in output.

Quote Originally Posted by weishengg View Post
    you mean physically cannot mount EF-S lenses, or the software doesnt support?
    Not sure. Not a Canon user myself. The impression I got is physically cannot mount.

Both are v capable carmera, just choose a group (brand) and start to invest on the lens.
    The freq for you to change body will be higher than changing lens, therefore, lens are the real investment and factors for you to stick with the group.

Is it wise to invest in a 2nd hand body & a new len ?

As len price buy new will not lose much or maybe gain as wat I had read whereas body price will definitely drop with new coming models ?

D700 doesn't come with video ? I presumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    Is it wise to invest in a 2nd hand body & a new len ?

As len price buy new will not lose much or maybe gain as wat I had read whereas body price will definitely drop with new coming models ?

D700 doesn't come with video ? I presumed.
    I think the 2nd hand prices for FF DSLRs are still quite high. You can consider 2nd hand lenses as well as they will also be cheaper. 2nd hand lenses are also more straight forward buys as they have less issues to check for.

D700 no video.

You can also decide which FF to get based on the lenses available. Nikon has the excellent 14-24, 24-70 while Canon has a wider range of fast primes.

Forget about X-brand model and Y-brand model as essentially the IQ is the same. You are not buying the camera body per se but rather, the "system".

"One man's rubbish is another man's treasure"

Nobody except you can decide on which camera is "better". Hold it in your hands and decide yourself. Why rely on some nobody on the internet to tell you what to spend your money on?

Quote Originally Posted by dche5390 View Post
    Forget about X-brand model and Y-brand model as essentially the IQ is the same. You are not buying the camera body per se but rather, the "system".

"One man's rubbish is another man's treasure"

Nobody except you can decide on which camera is "better". Hold it in your hands and decide yourself. Why rely on some nobody on the internet to tell you what to spend your money on?
    Have tried both. Think D700 suit me better as I find that the grip is better. The 7D body ( I believed same as 5D ) is too wide for my hand.

Now waiting for bonus..........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123