Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

  1. #21
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by kilkenny View Post
    Great advise! I am just back from there 2 wks however i missed Huanglong due to delay in flight 4 hours delay due to weather condition. By the time i reached JiuHuang Airport it was already 3 pm and we were advised to just skip the trip to Huanglong as we will not be able to cover much before it closes and would tire ourself only. It was a major disappointment in my trip but JZG was heavenly so it kinda makes me feel happy hahaha

    some pics to share =)

    http://vintanck.multiply.com/photos/...0/Jiu_Zhai_Gou

    cheers,
    kilkenny
    Ya, my tour guide told me there was a group from SGP that missed the HuangLong due to flight delay. Don't know if it was yours. Anyway, although you may have missed HuangLong, your set on JZG is fantastic Strangely although you went earlier than me, the foilage you got seems to be more intense than what I had. Maybe it is the lighting and timing. Nice !

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Looks like a am pretty set for JZG now.. I have sum up my iterinary but there still seems to be some gap in between. Need some info here...

    1. Any one got contacts for local guide from Cheng DU -> JZG -> Cheng DU?

    2. From what I understood, it seems that Huang long will be closed during the period I am there. Was told an alternative is Hai Luo Guo, any suggestions about this before?

    3. I actually have 2 days in Cheng Du, any suggestions of what to do in Cheng Du. 1 place I can think of is the 'Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center'.

    rgds/Jason

  3. #23
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by papaho View Post
    Looks like a am pretty set for JZG now.. I have sum up my iterinary but there still seems to be some gap in between. Need some info here...

    1. Any one got contacts for local guide from Cheng DU -> JZG -> Cheng DU?

    2. From what I understood, it seems that Huang long will be closed during the period I am there. Was told an alternative is Hai Luo Guo, any suggestions about this before?

    3. I actually have 2 days in Cheng Du, any suggestions of what to do in Cheng Du. 1 place I can think of is the 'Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center'.

    rgds/Jason
    Jason,
    2. Hai Luo Gou is not really that worth going IMO. All you see is glacier and the distance from the place cable cars drop you to the actual glacier is pretty far (they have 轿夫) but I don't know if you would entrust your life in their hands The place is also foggy during Autumn/Winter and slippery. It was already covered with snow when I was there 1 week ago. In terms of photography opportunities, I think it is far far lower than JZG.
    3. In Chengdu besides the Panda Breeding and Research Center, you can also hang out at 宽窄巷子 where they have some interesting cafe, pub, restaurants, etc. You can also go and take a look at 都江堰, historic site where the ancient Chinese built the brilliant flood control system. Don't think it is worthwhile making a trip to Mt Emei or Leshan Buddha due to the distance, cost and the uncertainty of any scenary due to the fog. Don't forget to catch the Sichuan Opera of changing mask....芙蓉国粹.

  4. #24

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by papaho View Post
    Looks like a am pretty set for JZG now.. I have sum up my iterinary but there still seems to be some gap in between. Need some info here...

    1. Any one got contacts for local guide from Cheng DU -> JZG -> Cheng DU?

    2. From what I understood, it seems that Huang long will be closed during the period I am there. Was told an alternative is Hai Luo Guo, any suggestions about this before?

    3. I actually have 2 days in Cheng Du, any suggestions of what to do in Cheng Du. 1 place I can think of is the 'Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center'.

    rgds/Jason
    Get the panda membership card for FREE access to all the attractions in Chengdu (e.g. Panda breeding centre, Du Jiang Yan, Wu Hou Ci, etc). The card is available at the CTU airport for just RMB1. promo valid till 31 Dec 2009.

    Also you can visit the Luo Dai Ancient Town, about a 1hr bus ride away. It's the larger scale version of Jin Li.

  5. #25

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    Jason,
    2. Hai Luo Gou is not really that worth going IMO. All you see is glacier and the distance from the place cable cars drop you to the actual glacier is pretty far (they have 轿夫) but I don't know if you would entrust your life in their hands The place is also foggy during Autumn/Winter and slippery. It was already covered with snow when I was there 1 week ago. In terms of photography opportunities, I think it is far far lower than JZG.
    3. In Chengdu besides the Panda Breeding and Research Center, you can also hang out at 宽窄巷子 where they have some interesting cafe, pub, restaurants, etc. You can also go and take a look at 都江堰, historic site where the ancient Chinese built the brilliant flood control system. Don't think it is worthwhile making a trip to Mt Emei or Leshan Buddha due to the distance, cost and the uncertainty of any scenary due to the fog. Don't forget to catch the Sichuan Opera of changing mask....芙蓉国粹.
    That's where it is advantagous to go on a package tour to JZG ... 宽窄巷子 (Kuan Zhai Alley), Luo Dai Hakka Town, Jin Li Ancient Street, Mt Emei, Leshan Buddha, 都江堰, 芙蓉国粹, Panda Breeding and Research Center... are all included. The ticket cost of 芙蓉国粹 and Panda Breeding and Research Center is probably optional but the transport arrangements are free.

  6. #26
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    That's where it is advantagous to go on a package tour to JZG ... 宽窄巷子 (Kuan Zhai Alley), Luo Dai Hakka Town, Jin Li Ancient Street, Mt Emei, Leshan Buddha, 都江堰, 芙蓉国粹, Panda Breeding and Research Center... are all included. The ticket cost of 芙蓉国粹 and Panda Breeding and Research Center is probably optional but the transport arrangements are free.
    You are correct

  7. #27

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    I'm planning a trip to Jiu Zhai Gou next year. When going there, where to store your luggage?
    1DmkIII/5D+grip/40D+grip/CZ 35T*1.4/85T*1.4/17-40 f4 L/24-70 f2.8L/135 f2L/200 f2.8L/500 f4L IS

  8. #28
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by digital601 View Post
    I'm planning a trip to Jiu Zhai Gou next year. When going there, where to store your luggage?
    I suppose you will put up in a hotel right ?

  9. #29

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    I mean if you go JZG for 2 or 3 days, you leave your luggage at hotel in Chendu or carry along and leave it in car/coach which you hired?
    1DmkIII/5D+grip/40D+grip/CZ 35T*1.4/85T*1.4/17-40 f4 L/24-70 f2.8L/135 f2L/200 f2.8L/500 f4L IS

  10. #30
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by digital601 View Post
    I mean if you go JZG for 2 or 3 days, you leave your luggage at hotel in Chendu or carry along and leave it in car/coach which you hired?
    Now I see what you meant. In my case, I left my big luggage in Chengdu's hotel. However, there are also people who lugged along to JiuZhaiGou. It is really your preference. As to leaving it in the car/coach you hired, I am not sure if you would need to do that unless you are not putting up in any hotel in JiuZhaiGou. Hope this helps.

  11. #31

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Thanks for your help!
    1DmkIII/5D+grip/40D+grip/CZ 35T*1.4/85T*1.4/17-40 f4 L/24-70 f2.8L/135 f2L/200 f2.8L/500 f4L IS

  12. #32

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    when is the best time to visit there? And when not to? The scenery is just out of the world.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Thanks for those who has cotributted to this thread.

    I just returned from a jZG and CD. Had really good fun and the suggestions posted really helped .

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote Originally Posted by limkimseng2005 View Post
    when is the best time to visit there? And when not to? The scenery is just out of the world.
    I think the best time is between June to August. During this period is not too warm and you can see maple leaves and effects of the sunlight effects on the water at various attractions which i didnt get to see

  15. #35

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    It is not possible to see maple leaves between June and August unless you want to see the green kind since it is summer. I was there in September and I don't see any red maple leaves. You do get better weather, sunlight and more water in the lakes though. The best time to see autumn colours is from end-Oct to mid-Nov at Jiuzhaigou. I went back again during this period to see the autumn colours and I was not disappointed.
    See the difference between the scenes at Jiuzhaigou between these 2 time periods in these shots...
    http://www.pbase.com/pschia/jiuzhaigou
    Last edited by tomcat; 1st December 2009 at 10:16 AM.

  16. #36
    Member sf_kang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    Quote:
    huanglong
    5-colored lake at attitude 3.8km above sea level. take a cable car [own cost] up,
    JiuZhaiGou
    Songpan Ancient fortess to take photos.

    Hi, I've been to the 3 first destinations but not Songpan. 2 days to cover Chengdu, JZG doesn't leave you much reason for being there in the first place. You be practically spending the entire period travelling and none left to enjoy and photograph the place. You'll need at least 2 full days within the JZG region.

    Rgds
    Fred

  17. #37

    Default Re: 4 Days Chendu Jiu Zhai Gou

    I just join ClubSNAP.

    I went Emei 2 years ago in Dec and the winter snowy senery was very pretty and tranqual. However, it all depends on the weather as it can be very foggy. DuJiangYan is magnificient. It shows the greatness of the wisdom of man. HaiLouGou hot spring was good. Again, it depends on the weather. When we were there, it was clear blue sky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •