Thread: Virgin photos

Default Virgin photos

Hi y'all I'm new to photography and to this forum! This place is cool, helps me see others' work and learn stuff! Please check out my photos and C&C are welcome!

#1. I'm a little teapot.

#2. Frozen in time.

#3. Size doesn't matter, quantity does.

#4. Alcohol, the dark side.

#5. Colourful Asia.

Default Re: Virgin photos

more pics!

#6. Budding Flowers.

#7. The calm before the storm.

#8. Cracked in peace.

#9. I'm a little colourful teapot.

For the one of the tea pot, i think you should increase the aperture to accommodate the entire teapot, leaving the background for you to play depth of field with.

I like #8 - the peaceful expression on the boy's face contrasts strongly against the state of brokenness of the mug. Would be better if you exaggerated the brokenness - such as showing the shards/broken pieces scattered around the mug..

Reflection is a bit distracting in #2.

Agree with above that having more of the teapot in focus would improve the teapot shots.

thanks for the comments!

#7. Dead rose.

#8. Rainwater on leaves.

#9. Orchids.

#10. Windchimes

Agreed with wkteoh - i think #8 (cracked in peace) is a good idea but i wonder if something could have been done to bring out the contrast a little more. I'm wondering if the photo would have more impact in B&W? Also, I think that many of the shots from the 2nd set would have benefited from a bigger DOF. In particular, for the orchids shot, only the tips of a few petals are in focus. That being said though, i love the bokeh in your shots. What lens are you using?

thanks for the comments! i'm using the nikon 55-200mm for most of the closeup shots. #1-3,8-9 are taken using the 50mm f/1.8d prime lens.

so next time i'll try experimenting more with bringing out the subject into a clearer manner. thanks!

composing a good photo is hard ):

#11. Music is all about the tone.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

guitar playing is my other hobby! C&C pls!

#17. Flickr wont allow me to upload anymore photos for the month, so have to use the low res facebook one.

#18.

that's all!