Thread: Tioman accomodation

Default Tioman accomodation

Apart from Berjaya, can anyone recommend good accomodation in Tioman? Whole day aircon is a must.

Thanks.

Me and my friends were staying at Salang Sayang , no aircon though, as we were travelling cheap. I think we were the only Singaporeans there. It was babewatch at the beach the whole day

tekek has many nice and cheap chalets available. air-con cum breakfast. also able to access Berjaya, the airport and marine park on foot.........

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Apart from Berjaya, can anyone recommend good accomodation in Tioman? Whole day aircon is a must.

Thanks.
    Paya is quite nice... Rather cheap with good buffets. Great to fill the stomach after a whole day worth of activities. Plus, there is a nature trail that leads to a small waterfall.

Best part about paya is that you can walk over to an adjacent "island" when the tide is low... and you can go snorkelling behind the island. The marine life there is rather unaccustomed to seeing humans so they get all excited and may just circle around you with curiousity. I managed to catch sight of a stingray while snorkelling, even without going deep. A good chance to see the marine life in their natural habitat... unlike in the marine park.

tert

Thanks for the info. After the drowning case, I don't think we'll be walking over sandbars to any islands.

I'm interested in a place which has good snorkelling just off the beach ie live coral and not dead stuff. How's the situation in Tioman nowadays? Salang, Tekek (a bit crowded and mosquito-infested, is it not?), Paya or Mukut?

Please share your experiences if you have been there RECENTLY.

Thanks!