Thread: Northeast Vietnam-Cao Bang

Default Northeast Vietnam-Cao Bang

Hi I am going for my vietnam trip soon and doing some research. I read that there is this place called Cao Bang which supposedly is one of the most beautiful and unpolluted from tourism place in vietnam. Well for starter I know there is the ban gioc waterfalls which is Vietnam's largest waterfall measuring 50 x 300 meters. It is a waterfall that borders 2 country, Vietnam on one side and China on the other.

So has anyone being to cao bang before? Apart from this waterfall,anything else that is worthly to go for?

Default Re: Northeast Vietnam-Cao Bang

I have visited the waterfall frm china side. Pros and cons.

From Vietnam side:
    - not so many "rules". U can basically pay a boatman to take u wherever for a good vantage point. From ground level, however, your view of the falls is restricted.
    - there is only a dirt track going to the falls so u have to rent a xe om frm nearest town

From China side (its called Detian pubu):
    - must pay entrance fee to enter the park
    - u can walk along the concrete path (after paying) and walk along the waterfall all the way to the top
    - there is even a resort inside the park
    - outside the park, a few run-down hostels with cobwebs
    - At the top of the falls, China army will make sure u dun walk too far into Vietnam territory (only local Hmongs are allowed to walk freely)

Away from the main tourist destinations ...... this sounds promising!

Hmm ok, found out more

There is also Ba be lake/natural park, Vietnam's largest natural lake. Also one of Vietnam's UNESCO heritage site

Pac Bo, historical culture site, the revolution resistance base where Vietnam's liberator Ho Chi Minh stayed at while planning for the eventual successful liberation of Vietnam from France's rule.

Nguom Ngao Cave, cave with stunning natural stalagmites and stalactites in interesting shapes

Thang Hen Lake, a series of 36 separate lakes joined together during high tide

hmm,in the end did u went to the place?