View Poll Results: Will you still sit at the seat chope by tissue?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use/keep/dump the tissue, sit on chope seat

50 63.29%
  • No, I will not sit on those tissue-chope seats

29 36.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If seats are chope with tissue, do you really dare to sit?

Default Re: If seats are chope with tissue, do you really dare to sit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I walk up to a table, put down a piece of paper that says, "I would quite like this place 6th July 2010 from 12:30pm to 2:30pm".
    wish all these can be ported to reserve parking lots, can't find out during rush hr, how nice put tissue on the lot there and say it's reserve and see what happen? if it doesn't work, why should hawker centre?

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    but the thing with "educated" people is that they dont have gangs to back them up. i dont mind listening them to curse and swear all they like while i enjoy my meal. only fear is that ah beng/lian bring their "friends" there and whack me up.

anw i think ignoring them ('educated') is quite cool.. make them look like idiots.
    Wah you act like ah lian leh j/k.

Quote Originally Posted by snits View Post
    wish all these can be ported to reserve parking lots, can't find out during rush hr, how nice put tissue on the lot there and say it's reserve and see what happen? if it doesn't work, why should hawker centre?
    For parking lot, you need to upgrade.

Use traffic cone.

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    but the thing with "educated" people is that they dont have gangs to back them up. i dont mind listening them to curse and swear all they like while i enjoy my meal. only fear is that ah beng/lian bring their "friends" there and whack me up.

anw i think ignoring them ('educated') is quite cool.. make them look like idiots.

Eh.. careful hor..

Ah beng ah lian whack you physically.

"Educated" peeps whack you fiscally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Wah you act like ah lian leh j/k.
    no leh really general knowledge. that's why we are scared of ah bengs ah lians right......

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Eh.. careful hor..

Ah beng ah lian whack you physically.

"Educated" peeps whack you fiscally.
    ya.. they can op to sue me for eating at the table with their tissue on

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    Tke key difference is for the actual people doing this, the tissues are there for 5, max 10mins when they queue, and they will leave in about half hr - 40mins thereabouts after finishing the meal, and the next person can use the table.
    It is the mind set that is disgusting, not the time limited.

So is there a time limited for tissue paper choping rule, one packet of normal 3ply tissue paper hava a maximum of 10min? 4ply tissue can be longer? 3ply toilet roll can reserved for 1 hour? Those commerical toilet roll can reserved table for 6 for 2 hours?????

Btw, whenever i go CBD and eat, i never care about those tissue paper, i just sit and enjoy my meal. Just too bad for those ppls, and i never meet any trouble before by doing that.

Gentlemen's rule is only used on ladies, not those whatever female Homo sapiens with clothes.
    Last edited by Leong23; 11th October 2009 at 01:13 PM.

i think there should not be allowed to use tissue to reserve a table in the first place... so why bother about the rules
    Last edited by hansenhon; 11th October 2009 at 01:22 PM.
    50D|EF-S17-85mm f4.0-5.6 IS USM|EF50mm f1.4 USM|EF70-200mm f2.8L IS USM|EF100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM

Place a sign at all CBD food centres stating 'no chopping with tissues'

Then again,they will chop with some other things...

i would like you to state what is the exact thing/mindset about for example 6 people putting 6 tissue paper on a table to reserve 6 seats vs 1 person sitting at a table of 6 and asking the other 5 people to buy food first while he chops the seat that you find disgusting.

It is still Kiasuism isn't it? 1 person depriving another 6 person group that comes by later.

I would like to say that if you are against the tissue culture, then you should be against the 1 person chop whole table syndrome too. Same kiasuism mindset fearing others will take the seats if you don't leave one person behind to "chop".

The disgusting culture is something i agree with someone on another thread, if you have finish eating, and just sit down and read newspaper/chit chat with colleagues, not caring about other people waiting for a table to sit and eat. That IS inconsiderate and disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    It is the mind set that is disgusting, not the time limited.

So is there a time limited for tissue paper choping rule, one packet of normal 3ply tissue paper hava a maximum of 10min? 4ply tissue can be longer? 3ply toilet roll can reserved for 1 hour? Those commerical toilet roll can reserved table for 6 for 2 hours?????

Btw, whenever i go CBD and eat, i never care about those tissue paper, i just sit and enjoy my meal. Just too bad for those ppls, and i never meet any trouble before by doing that.

Gentlemen's rule is only used on ladies, not those whatever female Homo sapiens with clothes.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

To me the main problems of tissue chope-ing seats are

1) Not everyone know this protocol. So argument can occur.

2) I dunno how many seats are taken. Sometimes, at a table, some people just place a few packs. Are all seats taken? Or only 3 are taken. If there is a person, I can ask.

3) The choper may change her mind and change to another better table and forget or too lazy to retrieve her tissue and that table is forever choped

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    3) The choper may change her mind and change to another better table and forget or too lazy to retrieve her tissue and that table is forever choped
    that's why better use cheap or used tissue to chope places, more economical.

Quote Originally Posted by snits View Post
    that's why better use cheap or used tissue to chope places, more economical.
    To register their true intent and their seriousness, I think people should cut their fingers and marked the seat with a cross with their blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    To register their true intent and their seriousness, I think people should cut their fingers and marked the seat with a cross with their blood.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    There are people who claim that if the seats are chope using tissue, they will still sit, really?
    I dont have a problem....just ask the cleaner clean the table can already. Got no tissue is fair game lah.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    I dont have a problem....just ask the cleaner clean the table can already. Got no tissue is fair game lah.
    Take out one tissue, use it, and put it back into the pack.

then when they come back say their tissue pack was there, ask them if the pack was really theirs they wont dare to take it back.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    The disgusting culture is something i agree with someone on another thread, if you have finish eating, and just sit down and read newspaper/chit chat with colleagues, not caring about other people waiting for a table to sit and eat. That IS inconsiderate and disgusting.
    It ok wat if those ppls love the tissue culture. They can chit chat after they meal, they just need to make sure that they haven't remove their tissue paper. Because no tissue = no seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If kena challage whose blood is that, must sent the table to DNA test......no wonder our gov is focusing in Bio-medical.

use used toilet paper to over-ride the tissue packet

no one will fight with you after that

There is perhaps no use complaining about the tissue reservation culture as this is the norm and cannot be changed overnight.

I had seen people from all walks of life doing it. Be they students, teachers, bankers, civil servants, uncles, aunties and even foreigners are doing the same.

If the intent is to quickly get over a meal together, i feel it is perfectly fine to respect the tissue culture. I often see people leaving quickly so others can have a chance to seat and place their packets of tissue. And it goes on...

Whenever i can, i will stack up the plates/bowls i have used and I would not hesitate to bring them to the cleaner on the pushcart. I would get a smile in exchange from the people who waited for me to finish my meal.

What we should not tolerate are people who exhibit the following behaviors:
    1. Shouting and scolding at the old lady across the hall who struggles to clear the soiled dishes in time. (I had seen such fools before btw).
    2. Grumbling aloud at people who are perhaps having their 20min worth of lunch time hoping they leave their seats sooner for him/her.
    3. Creating a deliberate mess on the table so as to make the cleaners work harder.
    etc etc

Just to cite an example. I was at a small cafe once. I saw a couple who parked their benz in front of the shop. Walked in with two maids and two kids (age between 10 to 12). While the cafe was self service, the man shouted across from the table for what he wanted to eat. The two maids were standing throughout and were not even given a crumb on the table. Food arrived in timely fashion, but when they left, the table had drinks poured all over, dripping onto the floor. Some plates were upside down. It was a horrible mess and the next group of people had to wait for the mess to be cleared. And when that couple left, not a word of thanks was expressed for the kind and tolerant service by the staff. Yes, he may have made a small fortune with a mere C class (1.8l btw LOL), but he could have been an example to his very own children.

If we exhibit graciousness, we shall be given the same treatment in return - usually.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast