Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

OBU pray tell which agency did this? I don't think there's a need to protect them. It's kind of ironic that a company working to create a publicity stunt should need to have it's identity protected...
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by peapilot View Post
    OBU pray tell which agency did this? I don't think there's a need to protect them. It's kind of ironic that a company working to create a publicity stunt should need to have it's identity protected...
    its kinetic.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    hahaha
    that was wonderful!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

HAHA the top gear thing is incredible.

Brilliant, simply brilliant!

But has anyone ever wondered ... why do people automatically shoot the agency at first chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Brilliant, simply brilliant!

But has anyone ever wondered ... why do people automatically shoot the agency at first chance?
    probably because a creative that puts his name behind an idea must take responsibility for his idea...same for an agency.

Any publicity is good publicity.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    probably because a creative that puts his name behind an idea must take responsibility for his idea...same for an agency.
    Agreed, but what I'm hinting at is how much of a campaign is the creative's actual, original idea intact, and how much is 'Client contributions'?

In real life, manytimes, I've seen a lot of instances where ehemkoffkoff what the public sees is an amended (and often convulated) version of what the original idea was and it just comes out bad.

Same for some photos taken by commercial photographers (actual final output from commercial studio looked fine, and when I see the final poster in public, I'm stunned at how bad the photo has 'become') and everyone auto assumes the photographer did a bad job.

Anyways, the mini thingie looks more like the result of a marketing dept's brainchild rather than a creative dept's.

Agreed, but what I'm hinting at is how much of a campaign is the creative's actual, original idea intact, and how much is 'Client contributions'?

In real life, manytimes, I've seen a lot of instances where ehemkoffkoff what the public sees is an amended (and often convulated) version of what the original idea was and it just comes out bad.

Same for some photos taken by commercial photographers (actual final output from commercial studio looked fine, and when I see the final poster in public, I'm stunned at how bad the photo has 'become') and everyone auto assumes the photographer did a bad job.

Anyways, the mini thingie looks more like the result of a marketing dept's brainchild rather than a creative dept's.
    Simply because they are the decision makers.. whether it gets to the final execution or not is their say.. they can stop it if the execution is half baked, or if the focus group reports says it suck.. simple as that.. if the client has no balls or budget, the agency should have come out with something more impactful within the confines of the client's requirement..

as simple a logic as when mas selamat escaped, who steps down? Or when the campaign gets recognition who collects the prizes?
    Last edited by viix; 17th October 2009 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    Simply because they are the decision makers.. whether it gets to the final execution or not is their say.. they can stop it if the execution is half baked, or if the focus group reports says it suck.. simple as that.. if the client has no balls or budget, the agency should have come out with something more impactful within the confines of the client's requirement..

as simple a logic as when mas selamat escaped, who steps down? Or when the campaign gets recognition who collects the prizes?
    I'm not so sure ... I've seen instances where the Client is the final decision maker, and even the big time Ang Moh CDs have to step aside (or get canned). Having said that, there will always be good campaigns, a few truly great ones, the mainstream pedestrian ones and quite a few bad ones.

of course we know this is what always happens in real life.
    But we are talking about the new rules of engagement here in the online world.
    People have the choice of what they want to view online. At the end of the day what matters is the result: Did they create something which engaged people?

As photographers if we do bad works for clients, we have to bear the responsibility when someone sees our work publicly (although we would try to dissociate ourselves from that bad work)

Anyway whatever the case, the idea wasn't as engaging as it could have been, no matter if it was the client or agency's idea.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

i always have pretty high regards for the work that kinetic churns out but this viral ad falls short of what i have seen from them. not sure how much it was from the client's contribution but i kinda think if u picked kinetic, u kinda go with what they recommend or u pick some other creative to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Any publicity is good publicity.
    I feel that no publicity is better than bad publicity. Mini Cooper is a good brand, not some B-grade celebrity looking to make the news.
    make.believe

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    of course we know this is what always happens in real life.
    But we are talking about the new rules of engagement here in the online world.
    People have the choice of what they want to view online. At the end of the day what matters is the result: Did they create something which engaged people?

As photographers if we do bad works for clients, we have to bear the responsibility when someone sees our work publicly (although we would try to dissociate ourselves from that bad work)

Anyway whatever the case, the idea wasn't as engaging as it could have been, no matter if it was the client or agency's idea.
    True, true...

But on the other hand, people can and do switch channels, flip a page and switch stations.

Anyway, we would never really know what happened behind closed doors so it's all speculation.

I just wanted to highlight that there can be and usually are other sides to a coin as opposed to auto shoot agency or creatives.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce lee View Post
    I feel that no publicity is better than bad publicity. Mini Cooper is a good brand, not some B-grade celebrity looking to make the news.
    True to a certain extent.

Stanford University,
    Negative Publicity: When Negative Is Positive.

Worth a read for those whom are interested.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

wins.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123