Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

  1. #21

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    also this guy either has very active internet posting friends at around 3am or has a friend with lots of accounts in different forums.

    238am: http://www.singaporecarsforum.com/ca...ead.php?t=6275
    247am: http://www.oneshift.com/forum/topic_...765&page_id=-1
    253am: http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/...ad.php?t=85931

  2. #22

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    ClubSnap CSI FTW.
    Alpha

  3. #23

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    This is seriously funny (oxymoron??)!

    I'll be waiting for the next instalment.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Looks like a viral ad to me.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Looks like a viral ad to me.
    bad version of viral ad. seriously bad taste, demeaning their own product. if this is from marketing dept, then the guy who approve it must be really xiao.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    bad version of viral ad. seriously bad taste, demeaning their own product. if this is from marketing dept, then the guy who approve it must be really xiao.
    I will differ here.

    It's coming from a whole new perspective, perceived to be deviant or otherwise, and it's refreshing.

    Most Singapore-made ads are rather dull.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    An Act of stupid or low IQ and EQ people. What do they want to accomplished in doing this act? hai ... Brainless... Anyway, their face will air in all newspaper and TV. Good luck for those "no brainer" and also to thier family member, cos they not only become instance famous but also bring shame to their family.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I will differ here.

    It's coming from a whole new perspective, perceived to be deviant or otherwise, and it's refreshing.

    Most Singapore-made ads are rather dull.
    as a deviant who has been hauled in to a police station for my deviant photographic ads, I have to say that in terms of deviance it could be much more exciting.

    like knocking down grandmas and skating over them or running over young children at a school crossing
    now that's deviance.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    as a deviant who has been hauled in to a police station for my deviant photographic ads, I have to say that in terms of deviance it could be much more exciting.

    like knocking down grandmas and skating over them or running over young children at a school crossing
    now that's deviance.

    But vandalism in SG is will tio canning one leh.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    But vandalism in SG is will tio canning one leh.
    defacing public property is vandalism. defacing pte property is mischief. no caning for mischief.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    young and brainless. i don't mind if they caned in public lol.
    Last edited by baggiolee; 12th October 2009 at 06:11 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    as a deviant who has been hauled in to a police station for my deviant photographic ads, I have to say that in terms of deviance it could be much more exciting.

    like knocking down grandmas and skating over them or running over young children at a school crossing
    now that's deviance.

    Jing, this is Singapore y'know....

    But I know what you mean.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    as a deviant who has been hauled in to a police station for my deviant photographic ads, I have to say that in terms of deviance it could be much more exciting.

    like knocking down grandmas and skating over them or running over young children at a school crossing
    now that's deviance.
    hahah this should be quoted for humour and awesomeness.. all the "brainless and stupid posts" sounds so stompcast.. haha..

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    as a deviant who has been hauled in to a police station for my deviant photographic ads, I have to say that in terms of deviance it could be much more exciting.

    like knocking down grandmas and skating over them or running over young children at a school crossing
    now that's deviance.
    exactly! especially if it's viral, it's pathetic..
    if they are really defacing it out of fun/revenge, they should still have gone further.. seriously, why stop at just a few words and 2 cans of paint? Worse when 1 person is more than sufficient for this. It's just isn't strong enough a message to be sitting in a cell for it. I can imagine all the street artist in Singapore going "this is lame".. it's not even expression.. you can walk into an open showroom and insult the manager and get a bigger news worthy reaction.

    now let's wait and see what our comformist society and media think.. oh wait, I actually can guess their *yawn* reaction
    Last edited by viix; 13th October 2009 at 04:19 AM.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    exactly! especially if it's viral, it's pathetic..
    if they are really defacing it out of fun/revenge, they should still have gone further.. seriously, why stop at just a few words and 2 cans of paint? Worse when 1 person is more than sufficient for this. It's just isn't strong enough a message to be sitting in a cell for it. I can imagine all the street artist in Singapore going "this is lame".. it's not even expression.. you can walk into an open showroom and insult the manager and get a bigger news worthy reaction.

    now let's wait and see what our comformist society and media think.. oh wait, I actually can guess their *yawn* reaction
    actually that's a great idea!!!
    if they had gotten a whole GANG of graffiti artists to put their insulting message, but on top of a beautifully done graffiti work, within the span of 3 minutes maybe
    that would have been something worth checking out

  16. #36

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Its website says that :

    "It is just a publicity stunt called 'MINI Ray Guerilla Campaign' by its advertising agency to create a hype for the special edition MINI Ray.

    A day before the introduction, its advertising agency orchestrated a mock ‘act of vandalism’ at MINI Habitat in the wee hours of the morning using a crew of ‘vandals’ to spray paint on the glass facade where MINI Ray was displayed."

  17. #37

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by OBU View Post
    Its website says that :

    "It is just a publicity stunt called 'MINI Ray Guerilla Campaign' by its advertising agency to create a hype for the special edition MINI Ray.

    A day before the introduction, its advertising agency orchestrated a mock ‘act of vandalism’ at MINI Habitat in the wee hours of the morning using a crew of ‘vandals’ to spray paint on the glass facade where MINI Ray was displayed."
    Not sure what kind of image they are trying to portray here. I know they are trying to be creative but personally, I find the stunt lacking in class.
    make.believe

  18. #38

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce lee View Post
    Not sure what kind of image they are trying to portray here. I know they are trying to be creative but personally, I find the stunt lacking in class.

    I share your sentiment, it is appalling that in the 21st century, advertisers can be so regressively creative.

    I have omitted the name of the advertising agency as "mark of respect" for their creativity and professionalism.
    Last edited by OBU; 17th October 2009 at 06:28 AM.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    Quote Originally Posted by OBU View Post
    Its website says that :

    "It is just a publicity stunt called 'MINI Ray Guerilla Campaign' by its advertising agency to create a hype for the special edition MINI Ray.

    A day before the introduction, its advertising agency orchestrated a mock ‘act of vandalism’ at MINI Habitat in the wee hours of the morning using a crew of ‘vandals’ to spray paint on the glass facade where MINI Ray was displayed."
    publicity stunts?

  20. #40
    Member rTwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Smackdown Boulevard
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Mini cooper showroom at leng kee road vandalised.

    they need ads like these

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •