Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seletar Estate, Singapore
    Posts
    478

    Default Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    A hand strap is good when I am walking and shooting, but when I need a break the neck strap comes in neat.

    Is there a solution or design where neck strap can be easily attached and detached from the camera already have a hand strap on it?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap


  3. #3

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    quite a few options, but you can head down to CathayPhoto and take a look at their optech straps. they've the detachable buckle when you want to do a fast removal. and of course attaching back. Kata also has such straps.
    Licence to shoot.

  4. #4
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    A hand strap is good when I am walking and shooting, but when I need a break the neck strap comes in neat.

    Is there a solution or design where neck strap can be easily attached and detached from the camera already have a hand strap on it?
    Haha.. I use a BlackRapid strap to sling my camera, while my hand/wrist strap is still attached. Solves both the issues that you have just raised.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Haha.. I use a BlackRapid strap to sling my camera, while my hand/wrist strap is still attached. Solves both the issues that you have just raised.
    Blackrapid rocks! I love it too!

  6. #6
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Quote Originally Posted by gammatian View Post
    Blackrapid rocks! I love it too!
    Only problem with my BlackRapid is - I swing it from left shoulder to right hip.
    My Outback 200 side pouch, I swing that from right shoulder to left hip. These are my comfortable configurations.
    Therefore looking from the front, I have two straps crossing in front of my chest. Looks too Rambo-like. Makes me look like a fool, and friends have said so too.
    Sigh... at a lost what to do...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Only problem with my BlackRapid is - I swing it from left shoulder to right hip.
    My Outback 200 side pouch, I swing that from right shoulder to left hip. These are my comfortable configurations.
    Therefore looking from the front, I have two straps crossing in front of my chest. Looks too Rambo-like. Makes me look like a fool, and friends have said so too.
    Sigh... at a lost what to do...
    Ahahaha... u need to hang some stuff in front. Then you'll really look gung-ho!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Is there a solution or design where neck strap can be easily attached and detached from the camera already have a hand strap on it?
    Just tie your handstrap to your neckstrap. No problems so far.

  9. #9
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    I wrap the neck strap around my wrist when I'm walking and shooting. And when I'm moving from point A to B, I'll sling it across my chest.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Only problem with my BlackRapid is - I swing it from left shoulder to right hip.
    My Outback 200 side pouch, I swing that from right shoulder to left hip. These are my comfortable configurations.
    Therefore looking from the front, I have two straps crossing in front of my chest. Looks too Rambo-like. Makes me look like a fool, and friends have said so too.
    Sigh... at a lost what to do...
    get a belt system to go with your rapid or just use a NS army green belt to hang a few pouches.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    A hand strap is good when I am walking and shooting, but when I need a break the neck strap comes in neat.

    Is there a solution or design where neck strap can be easily attached and detached from the camera already have a hand strap on it?
    use a neck strap, wind it around your hand. it's fine.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Neck Strap, Hand Strap

    i saw some professional photographers at F1 singapore wearing their camera on one shoulder, not slung, i.e. right shoulder, right hip. im assuming that must be safe, so is that strap different to the neck strap that comes with a camera (e.g. my canon 500D strap)? i generally wrap the neck strap around my wrist when shooting too, but when im not shooting, i find it a bit messy to put it over my neck n carry it (i wear a hat often ) so im wondering if the shoulder method is good. it feels like it might fall off my shoulder, lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •