Thread: Which to buy ??? Need Advice

Default Which to buy ??? Need Advice

I've been using the editing software that came with my camera for some time. It has very limited features, so I'm considering to purchase a more elaborate commercial photo editing software.

I've narrowed down to Photoshop 7 and Photoshop Elements. The price difference between the two products is great. But putting cost aside, please advice which to purchase as per my needs.

My needs are very basic. All I need from the software is that I'm able to adjust brightness/contrast/color/saturation/hue/USM + all the basics. Auto levels, curves too.

What is there in PS7 that Elements cannot do or what are the limitations of Elements against PS7?

Can actions (*.atn) be loaded and executed in Elements?

Appreciate any help
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    I've been using the editing software that came with my camera for some time. It has very limited features, so I'm considering to purchase a more elaborate commercial photo editing software.

I've narrowed down to Photoshop 7 and Photoshop Elements. The price difference between the two products is great. But putting cost aside, please advice which to purchase as per my needs.

My needs are very basic. All I need from the software is that I'm able to adjust brightness/contrast/color/saturation/hue/USM + all the basics. Auto levels, curves too.

What is there in PS7 that Elements cannot do or what are the limitations of Elements against PS7?

Can actions (*.atn) be loaded and executed in Elements?

Appreciate any help
    Thanks

not sure about elements, but PS7 (or PS cs) coupled with Fred Miranda's whole range of actions and plugins gave me a really powerful tool for image processing.
    for any digital images, it's good to get your white balance right first. (although you can do colour correction later).

Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    But putting cost aside, please advice which to purchase as per my needs.

Thanks
    If cost is not a factor, and you need curves. get photoshop 7 / cs.

If cost is a factor, and you don't need curves.. get elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    If cost is not a factor, and you need curves. get photoshop 7 / cs.

If cost is a factor, and you don't need curves.. get elements.
    So I gather that Elements does not support curves?
    Elements must have a lot less than PS7, no wonder its so much cheaper.

MCW - thanks also for your tip. I've seen Miranda's actions in action. that's the reason why I asked if *.atn can be executed in Elements.

Know anywhere with the best price for PS7?

Thanks

Suggest ACDSee software latest version 6.0

Check it out at http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Pr...DSee/index.htm
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Suggest ACDSee software latest version 6.0

Check it out at http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Pr...DSee/index.htm
    Thanks for the link KNIGHT, will consider.

Visited your gallery, did you use ACDSee to do pp on those pics? They all look kind of soft. I'm not commenting, but would like to know if it's pp or is it the charateristic of the D100.

Thanks