Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    Singapore very safe one
    doesn't mean no crime...

Default Re: A tissue packet too far

in my home country...
    if you put tissue on the table it means :
    "This seat is available, got free tissue some more"

Just keep the tissues next time and act blur when the idiots come by and say the seats have been reserved. After that, can do part-time work at night selling tissues at the food centres.

Save enough then can buy more lenses ... upgrade body ...

A tissue packet too far = the ugly sporean thing
    MAKE YOUR MAGIC BEHIND THE CAMERA, NOT IN PHOTOSHOP

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    I've given this a thought but just couldnt find the right kakis to do it...

a group of maybe 4-5 of us can have lunch in town ... get our drinks 1st & wait for tissue-gangs to chop their places... once they've done it,we sit at the chopped seats... when they come back & create a scene,tell them to call police if they think they have the right...

so...who wants to join me?
    Lol you got nothing better to do
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

Never worked in the CBD so not familiar of the working culture there...

BUT...

... can't people do lunch on staggered timings?

a packet of tissue is really too small, they should have put a big roll of toilet paper, from 10 meter oso can see it's reserved they are so well dress and look educated walking around with big roll of toilet paper will look nice on them since they are not even ashamed by their behavior

Eh I'm not a Singaporean, but used to live there for several years and I didn't know about this until today! Should try that next time. I usually use the "one person waits while the other person buys" method. It's time consuming. Sometimes I had to pass on eating at my favorite hawker center because it's too crowded. Now that I've learned about this method, I will try it next time.

One time, I was eating at a hawker center in Ang Mo Kio with my family. We were sitting at a table that seats 5, and there's one empty seat at the table. This uncle suddenly came to our table and just sat there while we were still in the middle of our meal. And this uncle was coughing and even spitting a lot, maybe intentionally. Very, very effective way to make us finish our meal quickly and leave lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Eh I'm not a Singaporean, but used to live there for several years and I didn't know about this until today! Should try that next time. I usually use the "one person waits while the other person buys" method. It's time consuming. Sometimes I had to pass on eating at my favorite hawker center because it's too crowded. Now that I've learned about this method, I will try it next time.

One time, I was eating at a hawker center in Ang Mo Kio with my family. We were sitting at a table that seats 5, and there's one empty seat at the table. This uncle suddenly came to our table and just sat there while we were still in the middle of our meal. And this uncle was coughing and even spitting a lot, maybe intentionally. Very, very effective way to make us finish our meal quickly and leave lol.
    Please, new season starting 15 Nov.

You no need to work meh?

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Please, new season starting 15 Nov.

You no need to work meh?
    Must work... that's why can only go to Singapore during public holidays. I went there during Hari Raya recently. I was actually joking about wanting to try the tissue paper method lol. I'm scared later some ah beng / ah lian beat me up leh. And the uncles and aunties are very grumpy ones.

New season for what ah?
    Last edited by TheStig; 11th October 2009 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Must work... that's why can only go to Singapore during public holidays. I went there during Hari Raya recently. I was actually joking about wanting to try the tissue paper method lol. I'm scared later some ah beng / ah lian beat me up leh. And the uncles and aunties are very grumpy ones.

New season for what ah?

TopGear lah....

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    TopGear lah....
    Chee that one ah. No worries lah. There are many other white Stigs to cover for me

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Too risky, what if someone steal your bag
    lol. i take out my handphone and wallet, which are my only valuables i bring out.
    anyway i dont see a reason why they will wanna steal my bag..
    tissue papers too small already, we can feign ignorance.
    bag, unless you're damn par jiao then cannot see what.

so lesson of the day,
    if u wanna chope a table, leave something VERY prominent/visible/huge there.

I think STB should put the tissue-chope-ing into Singapore tourist guidebook as tourists will not know tissue packs mean chope

Luckily, SG bans firearms otherwise people can get killed over reserved tables.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    Oh ya, this is 1 thing that the people here didn't think of. In other places, higher chance you get marked and followed, and then..... or on the spot "showdown"...

DANGEROUS..... Luckily Singapore is safe, "pai kia" also not that "pai".

Fight over a pack of left over clean tissue on the table, not worth. "blow it" to the floor if need to. And said: aiya, what a waste. the wind sent it down. Chew my delicious food with the warm breeze

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    Oh ya, this is 1 thing that the people here didn't think of. In other places, higher chance you get marked and followed, and then..... or on the spot "showdown"...

DANGEROUS..... Luckily Singapore is safe, "pai kia" also not that "pai".

Fight over a pack of left over clean tissue on the table, not worth. "blow it" to the floor if need to. And said: aiya, what a waste. the wind sent it down. Chew my delicious food with the warm breeze
    That why, just seat lah. I doubt those OL will throw their tray of fish soup on you if you took their seat.

If everyone start to ignore the tissue paper and take the seat, in no time, the culture will died down.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    A packet of tissue can turn into a weapon as well. Pull out all of the tissue, roll into a big ball and shaft it down his/her throat and let victim choke to death with your hands locking his/her neck on your elbow.

You dont need guns to kill. A chopstick or a beer bottle can kill if one needs to use violence.

As your name implies, let us learn to show more love and kindness to the people around. It can and will influence the rest around us to do more good.

This world is condemn, but let us not conform to it.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    A packet of tissue can turn into a weapon as well. Pull out all of the tissue, roll into a big ball and shaft it down his/her throat and let victim choke to death with your hands locking his/her neck on your elbow.

You dont need guns to kill. A chopstick or a beer bottle can kill if one needs to use violence.

As your name implies, let us learn to show more love and kindness to the people around. It can and will influence the rest around us to do more good.

This world is condemn, but let us not conform to it.
    Wah where did you learn this trick ah?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast