Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taiwan Package Tour

Default Re: Taiwan Package Tour

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Is this a tour that will take you from one touristy place to another to buy souvenirs?
    hmm... the itinerary did not memtion abt souvenirs, but more to scenery... but then again, i think, they will confirm bring us to buy some souvenirs so that they can earn some commission?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    wah, thanks! this is useful

*noted down for future trip reference*

No worries!! there are some missing details also...haha...anything can contact me directly...I will be more than willing to share with you more...all the Taiwan variety shows on TV makes me miss Taiwan even more...haiz...
    Dezmund Soh
    S5Pro/D90/Nik50/Tam17-50/Tam90MACRO/Tok12-24/Tok10.5-17FE/EX1/Sig50-150

hmm... the itinerary did not memtion abt souvenirs, but more to scenery... but then again, i think, they will confirm bring us to buy some souvenirs so that they can earn some commission?
    BTW which part of Taiwan are you heading? Souveniors wise...keep a look out for the night markets, etc. Alot of things to buy...clothes also...gifts...many many... If you head Taipei or Kaoshiong, I can give u some places too...I have yet to venture out to other parts of Taiwan...hope to do that soon...

They are very friendly people...and I like to deal with them...many laughter and fun experience... Lost jus pop by any convenient store...
    Dezmund Soh

ohoh, when u going ar? fixed the dates?
    Hi Bro

Most pro will be on Eve of Xmas (go Taiwan / Japan to experience the Xmas mah haha) and all the way till 02 Jan 2010, the actual booking will be finalise next week.

You also going on the following dates?
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hi Bro

Most pro will be on Eve of Xmas (go Taiwan / Japan to experience the Xmas mah haha) and all the way till 02 Jan 2010, the actual booking will be finalise next week.

You also going on the following dates?
    hmm... i am earlier le... first week of nov...
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmund Soh View Post
    BTW which part of Taiwan are you heading? Souveniors wise...keep a look out for the night markets, etc. Alot of things to buy...clothes also...gifts...many many... If you head Taipei or Kaoshiong, I can give u some places too...I have yet to venture out to other parts of Taiwan...hope to do that soon...

They are very friendly people...and I like to deal with them...many laughter and fun experience... Lost jus pop by any convenient store...
    thanks in advance buddy

hoho... heard all of u sharing their Taiwan experience!!! Me too, very excited. I had been to Taiwan for school summar exchange for 2mths in 2007 and 2 more for holidays. I travelled most of the Taiwan visitor areas but most of the time in Kaohsiung since my exchange school was there. I enjoyed illegal scootering there (opps), having 小吃 at those night market... I really miss it.

I think 18-105 & 35 will be good enough cuz u r suppose to enjoy your trip wif light backpack since u r going wif tour? Although catching moments r impt, sometime we might be busying snapping pictures and neglect the scenery enjoyment.

I suppose u going in a group? As wat others say, bring tripod for group shots and night sceneries. I guess u wun wan to set up tripod in the middle of the nite market, so much ppl there... hahaha. My suggestion is, maybe juz bring 1 & share among your grp cuz tripod aren't light unless u got a super expensive carbon legs.

If u r going on the free & easy...
    Places of visit at Kaohsiung(KS) is

- Stay at 'Moon Lake Hotel, Kaohsiung' for CHEAP and VERY GOOD accomodation.

- Old British Embassy beside my exchange sch (National Sun Yat-Sen University) but u nid to climb lotsa stairs... hee,

- u can go in to explore the sch too to explore how TW sch r like

the entrance of the sch,

- 1 of them mentioned abt Chijin(旗津), is actually 1 river width away frm the sch. Is a nice place to see sunset... I love it. And take notice of the beach sand... is BLACK color

- Ard the area where the jetty to Chijin is, there's a place tat sell 'zua bing' (ice), the shop name is called 福泉

This pic is for illustration and not taken at 福泉 (福泉 fruit r fresher and nicer).

- I dunno y most tourist tour will bring tourists to 六和夜市。。。 but most Taiwanese (or rather those who visit or stay at KS) like to visit 瑞峰夜市. Is larger, sell clothings, hv street games & a lot of nice food. I personally also prefer here.

- Love river? haa... 1st timer can try here but is juz like another SG river. I doubt 2nd timer will go there again?

- for food... I recommend a bbq restaurant 逐鹿'. Is definitely a lot btr than Seoul garden or the past marina bbq-steamboat kind. Abt NT$550 each. Go search online if u wan but always FULL at peak hr.

- Further away frm KS town area, u can visit 美濃 (experience Hakka culture) and 佛光山 (see very huge Buddha statue)

- Not to forget the 臭豆腐, my all time favorite

I guess i have shared enuf for KS le... for Taipei and others i think is more common and easily found. Thanks for viewing
    Every photos has a memory...

Beautiful!! I miss KaoShiong too... from there can go Kenting...Chijin also...got sun burnt there...haha...cos I walked all the way from the old fortress/lighthouse area to the windmill park...haha
    Dezmund Soh

wah, it is getting exciting! haha!!! my trip is just 3 weeks away guys!

hope the rain clear up by then!

and yea, i think, i will just bring the 18-105 + 35 + a light defult nikon tripod ya? haha

and yea, going in a tour grp,

and oh ya, i guess i am going to need lots of memory card?

so far i only got 8gb + 4gb + 4gb

is it cheaper to get memory card there?

or hdd even?

wah, it is getting exciting! haha!!! my trip is just 3 weeks away guys!

hope the rain clear up by then!

and yea, i think, i will just bring the 18-105 + 35 + a light defult nikon tripod ya? haha

and yea, going in a tour grp,

and oh ya, i guess i am going to need lots of memory card?

so far i only got 8gb + 4gb + 4gb

is it cheaper to get memory card there?

or hdd even?
    Lol you have some many memory card but dun forget spare batt ya.

Haizzzz my trip is like another 1 1/2 mths more

Cheers
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Lol you have some many memory card but dun forget spare batt ya.

Haizzzz my trip is like another 1 1/2 mths more

Cheers
    yo Ringwraiths, er i dun understand what is "some many memory card"...

but then again, i think on D90, high resolution, 8 + 4 + 4 may only contain like 2k pictures, so if divide by 8 days, each day can only tkae like 230?

Opps haha typo its should be 'so many memory cards' lol hhmmm guess u have to transfer the pics to HDD after maybe 1 or 2 days, at least u can free up some memory space.

Opps haha typo its should be 'so many memory cards' lol hhmmm guess u have to transfer the pics to HDD after maybe 1 or 2 days, at least u can free up some memory space.
    oh oh, yes yes

i was thinking of getting either another 8/16gb card
    or a 500gb hdd, but need to bring netbook along...

Bro

Think bring a lappy along will do la cos if you bring the 500GB HDD you still need the Lappy right?? Unless its the direct transfer file type without lappy then its okie. Get extra 2 X 8GB card maybe a good idea as if you get the 16GB (touch wood ar if the card die at the moment haha then u really going to die ler)

Its a holiday trip dun bring so many things to burden yourself down. Dun forget maybe u still need to buy things back from Taiwan haha.
    Last edited by Ringwraiths; 12th October 2009 at 04:27 PM.

Bro

Think bring a lappy along will do la cos if you bring the 500GB HDD you still need the Lappy right?? Unless its the direct transfer file type without lappy then its okie. Get extra 2 X 8GB card maybe a good idea as if you get the 16GB (touch wood ar if the card die at the moment haha then u really going to die ler)

Its a holiday trip dun bring so many things to burden yourself down. Dun forget maybe u still need to buy things back from Taiwan haha.
    ah yes, haha

hmm... actually i was considering abt the cost, anotehr 2*8gb is like 60+ for sandisk ultra II, hmm... for abt 120, i can get 500gb hdd, and as i seldom go on trip, the 2*8GB would be like sit there in the cupboard whereas a 500gb, i can use it anytime... maybe i consider too much, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmund Soh View Post
    Beautiful!! I miss KaoShiong too... from there can go Kenting...Chijin also...got sun burnt there...haha...cos I walked all the way from the old fortress/lighthouse area to the windmill park...haha
    ya, the pic is way to the end, passing thru a tunnel
    Every photos has a memory...

ah yes, haha

hmm... actually i was considering abt the cost, anotehr 2*8gb is like 60+ for sandisk ultra II, hmm... for abt 120, i can get 500gb hdd, and as i seldom go on trip, the 2*8GB would be like sit there in the cupboard whereas a 500gb, i can use it anytime... maybe i consider too much, haha
    My 1st trip I brought my S5Pro with 4 lenses and tripod...damn heavy...I brought along a photobank HDD so i jus dump my pictures in there first...

My 2nd trip I decided to bring along my Panasonic LX3...with a small netbook...and a gorilla pod...much lighter...

I was backpacking...and at the end of the trip...with the goodies that I bought...really heavy...have to consider...

If go Taipei can visit the Kaifeng St aka Camera St...there are many many shops selling camera and video stuff...there is a shop I personally must visit when I go back Taiwan...
    Dezmund Soh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12