Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A news article on Sin Min last night

Default Re: A news article on Sin Min last night

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    he has the ability to resurrect himself?
    He is indestructible.

If he doesn't win you won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

If he doesn't win you won't win.
    banzai, long live the emperor, kamikaze pilot style?

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    This insulting cases do happen. I was kanna insulted by some customers before. But still have to finish my job as promised. Sad cases but what to do.

That's why I downgraded to hobbist.
    you top grade hobbyist.

banzai, long live the emperor, kamikaze pilot style?
    Yes died together like Romeo and Juliet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Yes died together like Romeo and Juliet.
    not bonnie and clyde?

so are you going to answer my last question?

i didn't raise gwc point to exonerate anyone. just pointing out that there are far more effective ways to throw bad light on photographers..

and there are bad sheep in any crowd. you can think that there's nothing, i can tell you that that's not true!

What is the relevance of your last question, beyond rhetoric?

One addresses a public statement. The other - family or parental conditioning in the privacy of a home.

If it happened in MY home, NO, I would not allow it to happen, or continue, but that's besides the point, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    One addresses a public statement. The other - family or parental conditioning in the privacy of a home.

If it happened in MY home, NO, I would not allow it to happen, or continue, but that's besides the point, isn't it?
    of course, to you, what happens in public and private is very different.. we all noticed that already.

the fact is, loads of people practise double standards. it is not fine if people berate what they do. but it is perfectly fine to point at others and say the same thing..

sinming and wanbao are like...

ok, so what are you going to do about the person who insults your profession?

the thing is, if he was just another member of the public, e.g. an 80 year old ah kong that isn't working anymore.. making a comment, are you going to be able to do anything?

I will do what any self-respecting professional will do, report this person to Wanbao

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I will do what any self-respecting professional will do, report this person to Wanbao
    why not stomp first?

that seems to be the way things are heading these days.

"Finish your food, else you'll turn into a photographer..."...am using this on my kid right now....for the record, it doesn't work...

why not stomp first?

that seems to be the way things are heading these days.

Newspaper print can cut out and laminate, then can show to next generation. I am old school one

Quote Originally Posted by srinivasanj View Post
    "Finish your food, else you'll turn into a photographer..."...am using this on my kid right now....for the record, it doesn't work...
    wait your kid tell you

"but papa, i see photographer can talk to pretty girl".. then he goes on hunger strike.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Newspaper print can cut out and laminate, then can show to next generation. I am old school one
    go even more old school, use red paint and paint everywhere all over the place.

of course, to you, what happens in public and private is very different.. we all noticed that already.

the fact is, loads of people practise double standards. it is not fine if people berate what they do. but it is perfectly fine to point at others and say the same thing..
    I've stated my stance - and it's really very simple.

Naturally, you or anyone else are privileged to take on your own opinions, however you are inclined.

Imagine this:

In a stage event with lots of CS bros at the front row taking pictures of the event. Then, this MC makes such similar statement. What do you think will happen next? Where do you think this MC will end up? Will he make it home in 1 piece that evening?
    Don't you wish you could Photoshop real life issues?

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    Imagine this:

In a stage event with lots of CS bros at the front row taking pictures of the event. Then, this MC makes such similar statement. What do you think will happen next? Where do you think this MC will end up? Will he make it home in 1 piece that evening?
    they will blind him with their flashes!

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    Imagine this:

this is singapore you are talking about.

you will just see a lot of people kaobehing about him online with his face in a thread.

and maybe they might deface his picture using photoshop.

Talking Re: A news article on Sin Min last night

Anyone have the photos of the MC?

Please share.

Thanks!
    Under ©onstruction!

Unhappy Re: A news article on Sin Min last night

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Many won't know because the article is in Chinese and not all members can read Chinese. There may be other inferences or implications in it but only the Chinese literate would have privy to it.

What's really disturbing was the organizer's response to the photographer's bringing the matter up. I don't think the PA should support such values and condone such public behavior as it may encourage discrimination and devalue the worth of an honest occupation in the eyes of our future generation. All the more so if it was a CC event.

Someone should write in to the head of the PA.
    Forget of complaining to PA. Those people are holding a comfortable office job, wouldn't care less of giving an ear to your pleas.

I have long since given up volunteering photographing for a well known christian organisation.
    People are so snobbish these days. Good that the paper publish this article, at least the public knows what's the perception of photographers out there.
    Last edited by StarAlliance; 8th October 2009 at 12:17 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast