Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any tips for buying a diamond ring?

Default Re: Any tips for buying a diamond ring?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne900 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. I brought mine to a local appraiser and everything just as the cert given by them.

But i realized girls only look at 1 C and don't really understand the rest of the C. So maybe can concentrate on the carats only.
    There's also a trend to have a main diamond surrounded by smaller ones, to make it look bigger than it is. This does save some money as small diamonds are cheaper, and you do get the overall size factor.

its true that carat gets noticed first, until she and her gal pals put their stones side by side - then the colour and fire comes into play. Personal experience - its much better to buy a smaller stone with good colour and fire than a bigger stone that is lacking. It really shows and it will give your wife/gf a lot of pride over her embarrassed girl pals. One important factor regarding the size of the ring is the size of the hand. I personally don't believe in getting something huge if your wife/gf has petite hands. Its proportionately wrong. Get a size that is good for her (and your wallet!) and it will look elegant and not shout BLINK. The worst offenders are the ones that are wearing >1cat and looks yellowish (H or worse). When its that huge, its also easier to see that the colour if off.
    I got my proposal ring from a friend who is a trade insider. He totally adviced me against getting from Bugari/tiffany...sookee, aspial.. or even diamond industries. In the end he put together a combo for me that is exactly identical to buying from Tiffany. The stone is the from the same source, the setting done by the same master setter, the engraving done by the same engraver! All this at a fraction of the price of a tiffany ring.

Quote Originally Posted by com300 View Post
    its true that carat gets noticed first, until she and her gal pals put their stones side by side - then the colour and fire comes into play. Personal experience - its much better to buy a smaller stone with good colour and fire than a bigger stone that is lacking. It really shows and it will give your wife/gf a lot of pride over her embarrassed girl pals. One important factor regarding the size of the ring is the size of the hand. I personally don't believe in getting something huge if your wife/gf has petite hands. Its proportionately wrong. Get a size that is good for her (and your wallet!) and it will look elegant and not shout BLINK. The worst offenders are the ones that are wearing >1cat and looks yellowish (H or worse). When its that huge, its also easier to see that the colour if off.
    I got my proposal ring from a friend who is a trade insider. He totally adviced me against getting from Bugari/tiffany...sookee, aspial.. or even diamond industries. In the end he put together a combo for me that is exactly identical to buying from Tiffany. The stone is the from the same source, the setting done by the same master setter, the engraving done by the same engraver! All this at a fraction of the price of a tiffany ring.

whos ur friend intro lei. lol

anyway...just for future curiousity sake... how much does it cost to set gold ring? and any jew shop can do it?
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

share tour lobang please!

Talking Re: Any tips for buying a diamond ring?

Well said!!!

Total agreed above mention!

Yes!

It’s True!
    Under ©onstruction!

Quote Originally Posted by yao86 View Post
    A Precious Stone include Diamond do have value but it depend on the Size and Quality of the Gem. Like me, I love Precious Stone but I don’t have enough money to buy a big and good Gem. So I did not think of keeping a Gem for investment. I bought it because I love it so much.

The Gem Value is depend of different kind of stones have different kind of expectation. For Clear Diamonds (not colour) that are more than 1ct and Good Quality than got price value when you sell it due to the rareness in the market.

One thing I wanna to speak out is in fact there are a lot of Diamonds that are mine out from the Mother Earth but the Father of the Diamonds control and keep more amount than the amount of the diamonds that are selling on the world diamonds market. So that the Diamonds are so rare in the world and it means more value!

This is call Demand!
    Diamonds are plentiful, and I feel it's only a matter of time when technology will decrease the excavation cost and all that "precious" thing turn worthless. True , not many people know that father of diamonds are controlling the availability. Alexandrites are rare but not many people know it's uniqueness. I would rather spent on a flawless pigeon bloood ruby than any other gem which I think it's simply very rare. Anyway just my wishful thinking !
    Last edited by Old Boy; 20th October 2009 at 07:42 PM.

Talking Re: Any tips for buying a diamond ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    Diamonds are plentiful, and I feel it's only a matter of time when technology will decrease the excavation cost and all that "precious" thing turn worthless. True , not many people know that father of diamonds are controlling the availability. Alexandrites are rare but not many people know it's uniqueness. I would rather spent on a flawless pigeon bloood ruby than any other gem which I think it's simply very rare. Anyway just my wishful thinking !
    I Agreed!

Now a days Myanmar Pigeon Blood Ruby are vary rare due to the control of Myanmar.

A Flawless Myanmar Pigeon Blood Ruby (All Natural even without Heat process) will most of the time cost more value than a Clear Diamond at the same weight.

If in the Mother Earth there are 10 Diamonds, Ruby will only have 1.

What we also say “Just a hand full (Rare)”

This is why Ruby is so value by the Gem World for many years.
    Under ©onstruction!

Actually diamond price are controlled. Diamond producers are stockpiling when there is not enough demand so as not to flood the market during recession where demand is low. Just google for that.
    Last edited by aryanto; 21st October 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Yep it's true that the diamond suppliers control the supply so as to control the prices- just like the oil cartels.

Sorry guys, can't really pass u the contact as it was a one time favour by friend.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345