Thread: Recommend a good compact camera for less than $200

Default Recommend a good compact camera for less than $200

I am looking to buy a compact camera for my wife. Main usage would be for her to take pictures of herself and her friends, outings and for the occasional landscape/scenery. My budget is below $200, size-wise don't need those super-slim type but not too bulky. Most important is the camera must produce decent/good pics and easy to use (idiot-proof).

The only camera I have in mind now is the Panasonic LZ10 which is around $160. Is there any other cameras which you guys recommend around this price-range? Thanks!
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Default Re: Recommend a good compact camera for less than $200

I started with a Nikon Coolpix when I knew nothing about photography, hence I'd say its very much easy to use.

The L-series go for under $200.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem....309-2496923372

Thanks for the recommendation bro! I will consider a Nikon Coolpix too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timolol View Post
    I started with a Nikon Coolpix when I knew nothing about photography, hence I'd say its very much easy to use.

The L-series go for under $200.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem....309-2496923372

Is there any other recommendations? Cannot be so less cameras in this range right?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Is there any other recommendations? Cannot be so less cameras in this range right?
    because when up against the LZ10/LZ8 features at current pricepoint, whats there?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    because when up against the LZ10/LZ8 features at current pricepoint, whats there?
    indeed LZ10's current price of $160 is hard to beat considering its wide range of functions (including manual control). But however, its original price was previously $300+ too.