Thread: Lens tube

Default Lens tube

I've been meaning to get myself a lens tube plus a Polarised filter (I think)... I saw a thread up somewhere but I kinda got lost... somewhere... and couldn't really find it again. I did a search and found tons of things but nothing specific about LX3.

I'm not really asking to be spoon fed here, but can any of you guys point me to the right direction?

1) What I do know is, 52mm is easier to find... hence, I'll have to go for 3rd Party right? Any recommended known brands out there?

2) The use of step-up rings... or was it setup rings to fit the 52mm

Many many thanks...

I'm pretty much a freaking newbie... so yea... I guess we all are one time or another so don't shoot me ar... You can ask me anything about fishing and I'll be able to answer at least 80% of your questions but I'm pretty new to photography.

Default Re: Lens tube

I think you meant step up ring. 52mm filter is easy to get.

PS, I used to do fishing too.

Googling for 'lx3 accessories' gives plenty of results, including the adapter tube.
    Two examples:
    http://www.pinoyphotography.org/foru...?topic=39483.0
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...386/index.html
    As you can see the adapter tube comes with 52mm thread which is a standard diameter for filters. Just get the tube and you can use any filter of this size, no need to use Panasonic type. Step-up ring is not necessary. Only if you happen to have a bigger filter already (e.g. CPL) then you just get the step-up ring from 52mm to your actual filter diameter.
    EOS

Many thanks for the info... I've always had problems using the search button cos I generally don't have any idea what to search for in the 1st place. Either its the wrong phrase or worse, wrong words. -_-" I hate being a newbie...

I finally bought the adapter tube by emolux! Now to get a Polarized filter...

Don't mind me asking but I do happen to see that whenever I switch on the camera, the lens tend to protude all the way out, irregardless... and I'm pretty worried cos it stops just 2-3mm short of protuding out of the adapter tube... is this normal?

Will it bang against the filter? Cos I've yet to install one and already I'm getting this worried paranoid feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    I think you meant step up ring. 52mm filter is easy to get.

PS, I used to do fishing too.
    Fishing is goooooooooooooood ar... takes me to places away from the hustle and bustle of city life... why quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroplastic View Post
    Don't mind me asking but I do happen to see that whenever I switch on the camera, the lens tend to protude all the way out, irregardless... and I'm pretty worried cos it stops just 2-3mm short of protuding out of the adapter tube... is this normal?
    Seems to be normal, had the same with my Canon Powershot years ago. The lens has to come out, that's standard design for this lens type and it's similar to any DSLR lens (in principle), just that DSLR lenses are not retractable or can be folded. (But there are some old lenses for rangefinder cameras that can be folded in the same way as your LX3 lens system.)
    The distance to the filter has to be short. The shorter the distance between front element and filter the less the chances of flare (search for that).
    Just put on the tube, switch on the cam and then slowly screw in the filter. You'll notice immediately whether the filter touches the front element or anything else.
    EOS