Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mishaps in a UK Wedding ? ...

Default Mishaps in a UK Wedding ? ...

To: Wedding Photographers & Videographers :

Here's an interesting read >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...close-ups.html

For those Pros ( for 4 yrs in biz, doing 20+ weddings ) that did not meet the mark and expectations, will face the music ...

Having said that, did anyone brought their Clients to Court, for Non-payment issues before ? ... :

Doing it for hobby, fun or even love & passion is one thing, doing it for a paid job is another !
    Last edited by Enchanted; 6th October 2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spellings

Default Re: Mishaps in a UK Wedding ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post

Here's an interesting read >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...close-ups.html

For those Pros ( for 4 yrs in biz, doing 20+ weddings ) that did not meet the mark and expectations, will face the music ...

Having said that, did anyone brought their Clients to Court, for Non-payment issues before ? ... :

Doing it for hobby, fun or even love & passion is one thing, doing it for a paid job is another !
    Is the photographer being charged a free-lancer? The fine is quite petty considering his rate for this job
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

especially the card, things happen
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

vince123123
    Guests

It works both ways. Clients can sue photographers for shoddy work and photographers can sue clients for non payment.

Whether you are a pro or otherwise is no immunity against being sued; all face the music together.

Doing for hobby is of course different, since there is no payment, there is no grounds for a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post

Blog Entries

OMG OMG!!!

Poor couple. Once in a lifetime... flushed down the toilet.

Even a 5year old can do better man...
    omg.. pity the newly weds..

even if they got compensation, its not worth it..
    no memories..

Quote Originally Posted by fifiee View Post
    omg.. pity the newly weds..

no memories..
    Your "Even a 5 year old..." sounds oddly familiar with regards to wedding photos...

Reminds me of a certain individual with "supernatural powers" on cs previously...

nope. it's a 5 year old with a handphone camera can do better!

i am not convinced about the authenticity of this report...i guess its just a tabloid coverage. the photographer might be doing a bad job but it seems that the couple were not doing a good job either...just notice how they look. In none of the pic are they looking at the camera...i have had several snaps taken of me and i recall if i am being shot i look at the camera but just notice how they are looking at another angle...it seems they were looking at the "real" photog...i feel its just some publicity stunt type thing..
    Nikon D90|Nikkor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G|SB400|Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
    BBB:<Some> 70-300mm

i dun understand
    he can do PP for the card
    how come he cannot PP for those under-exposed photos
    maybe his camera was possessed during the weddings
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

"Pros" have mishaps too?

A very funny comment from the web:

This is real art!

The over exposure is symbolic of the ceremony itself, the dark church the role of religion. The old man looking at the light from the door, is the final frontier AKA death. The lantern is a reference to the Greek philosopher Diogenes wandering the streets in daylight with his lantern looking for his honest man.
    When they asked him what he was doing, he would reply that he was looking for an honest man.
    The distortion of scale in the first shot, making the bride seem larger than her bowing groom is a statement on how a woman's role in a marriage has changed. The bride running down the path just after a gamma ray flash is indicative that no matter how far you might run from the marriage it will always be burnt into your memory.The coach drivers head amputated signifies that it doesn't matter who drives you in life but who you sit in the back with. The old man behind the vertical wooden beams is the future role of man in the marriage.

Put it on Ebay !
    - Paul, Midlands, 5/10/2009 14:02

no memories..
    don't understand,
    did he perform a lobotomy on the couple?
    no memories just because no photos?

photographers shouldn't over stressed the import of pics,
    fact is memories r always more beautiful w/o pics.

just can't share what is not physical with pple not present.

jude
    wedding photographer

Some times it is best that you do search around. As the article stated in comments section - it is always better to use a photographer who has been certified by a relevant professional association. A normal reaction for some one who is in wedding photography for the money and is reckless with taking on the responsibility without either the ability or intent to perform would not bother to join a professional (wedding) photographer association. What pay money for exam prints, certification exam fee, blah - mind you submitting for certification does not automatically mean you will pass. If you do not make the grade, you not pass the test. Paradoxically it is not hard and not easy - if you are competent you can pass, if your not then it is time to brush up your skills.

That is one the reasons why our local Wedding Photographers Association (WPAS) is pushing for all members to undergo a certification exercise to allow brides to have the certainty that our certified photographers know what they are doing and can delivery on their contract.

There is such a thing as photography BMT.

I can tell you that it is not easy.

I'm all in support for the certification. Agreed it's not easy to get certified.
    Sets a distinct line between Pros and the rest.
    Last edited by Azmi; 9th October 2009 at 07:47 AM.

Hi

I'm stil a newbie at wedding photography but am covering a few weddings a month.

I think for AD photos, there still remain a mimimun acceptance level where photographers have to produce the "Standard" shots to cover himself ..... and a certain amount of artistic shots that is unique to his style. For example the tea serving, door-opening, cake-cutting and champange popping are some standard chinese wedding shots

And we haven't talk about executing wedding traditions for the couple ....

I think WPAS should also test photographers on major events to weddings and not just solely camera craft. Wedding photographers must know how weddings are executed.
    Last edited by earthling82; 9th October 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post

I googles photography bmt but came up with nothing.. Care to elaborate?
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

this is terrible...ha..

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post

BMT for photography... Basic Photography loh... I can say is start from srcatch using b/w film, using darkroom techniques, develop your own negatives, develop your prints... Then move onto color films, with all these films, it is exciting to know the results.

Then move on to Advance Photography... Use studio lighting, use tungsten light, model posing, lighting techniques...

Finally, then go to digital (personal preferances)... He who goes thru the process controls the photographs...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast