Thread: Flash didn't fire, shots are important. Develop or not to develop?

Unhappy Flash didn't fire, shots are important. Develop or not to develop?

Hi,
    Just have this tricky problem up my sleeves lately. Hope someone could give me your opinion. I was taking photos for a company dinner and the flash gun didn't fire when it supposed to. The prize giving shots as predicted underexposed. When the flash did fire, the person in the shot blink his eye! I have never encountered this problem before. Probably the flash battery was draining a lot of power before as I was taking some other flash shots.

I can't change the facts now. I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advise whether :
    A) Develop the underexposed shots ( the colours sucks!) and risk my reputation.
    B) Don't develop the shots and pray no one ask about the missing important prize ceremony.
    C) Develop it in black and white, hope it's better?

Help!

D) Scan the underexposed shot and attempt major repair surgery in NeatImage/Photoshop. Then print.

you have misleading statements... I presume you are using a digital camera because you are unlikely to know the results w/o developing for a film camera.

That means you are considering whether to print the pictures? I suggest you post an example picture up here and probably one of the photoshop wizards can save the pic.. if it's savable that is.

You might want to consider pushing your film for development. It depends on the how much your film is underexpose. You might need to push it 1 or 2 stop.

My 2 cents worht of inputs.

I hope you shot RAW.

C)

Better a reasonably sharp B&W print than a crappy colour print.

Thread moved to General, Reviews, Tech Talk.