Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem Resizing Image..

  1. #1

    Default Problem Resizing Image..

    guys,

    i've experiencing some problem resizing an image in photoshop cs4. what i did was i click on image tab > image size.. then change to percentage and then resize. yes it did resize in the view in the program. however, when i try to save it and open to see.. it still the same size as before! i want to shrink the picture.. very simple..

    hope photoshop gurus here can help me out..

    thanks a mil.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem Resizing Image..

    Quote Originally Posted by japlook View Post
    guys,

    i've experiencing some problem resizing an image in photoshop cs4. what i did was i click on image tab > image size.. then change to percentage and then resize. yes it did resize in the view in the program. however, when i try to save it and open to see.. it still the same size as before! i want to shrink the picture.. very simple..

    hope photoshop gurus here can help me out..

    thanks a mil.
    use microsoft image resizer

  3. #3

    Default Re: Problem Resizing Image..

    Quote Originally Posted by jtb View Post
    use microsoft image resizer
    but this is for windows XP.. im using vista.. does it work?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Problem Resizing Image..

    Quote Originally Posted by japlook View Post
    guys,

    i've experiencing some problem resizing an image in photoshop cs4. what i did was i click on image tab > image size.. then change to percentage and then resize. yes it did resize in the view in the program. however, when i try to save it and open to see.. it still the same size as before! i want to shrink the picture.. very simple..

    hope photoshop gurus here can help me out..

    thanks a mil.
    Resize just changes the DPI which affects the physical size. You need to use Resample which changes the image resolution.

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Problem Resizing Image..

    Quote Originally Posted by japlook View Post
    guys,

    i've experiencing some problem resizing an image in photoshop cs4. what i did was i click on image tab > image size.. then change to percentage and then resize. yes it did resize in the view in the program. however, when i try to save it and open to see.. it still the same size as before! i want to shrink the picture.. very simple..

    hope photoshop gurus here can help me out..

    thanks a mil.
    when you reopen the "resized" image in photoshop, you say same size is as in images seem to be the same size in the photoshop, did you check whether the image pixel size still the same as in not resize, did you check the zoom ratio already become higher?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6

    Default Re: Problem Resizing Image..

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    when you reopen the "resized" image in photoshop, you say same size is as in images seem to be the same size in the photoshop, did you check whether the image pixel size still the same as in not resize, did you check the zoom ratio already become higher?
    That's a good point..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •