Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Complain!!: Seahorse Furniture in Causeway Point

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Seahorse do deliver very lousy service. I went to the outlet in Marina once, hoping to buy a class coffee-table. I decided to buy it but the problem is with the delivery schedule. They INSISTED that I be around during the time schedule they do delivery at that particular area. I told them that the scheduled time was out of my time schedule. They INSISTED I abided to their time schedule, dispite having to pay for the delivery. I got so piss-off by their inflexibility and walked out.

    Singapore still have a long way to go for service oriented sale.

    Hi, i agree with wat u say abt the Seahorse inflexibility....but Singapore shd not be pulled in. There are lot of good service in the sales...dun let Seahorse ruin that image. SeaHorse sucks....

  2. #22
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    so did u get ur $$$ back yet?


    Quote Originally Posted by sgpoorman
    Hi, i agree with wat u say abt the Seahorse inflexibility....but Singapore shd not be pulled in. There are lot of good service in the sales...dun let Seahorse ruin that image. SeaHorse sucks....

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Redhill
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    IKEA is designed for low humidity areas like Europe, here, the chipboard they use warps and sags, even with nothing on it. Of course, theya re also designing witht he intention that you change furniture every year!

    What I find most troubling with IKEA is that they charge $40 flat fee for delivery, with no zoning. I live in Redhill, a mere 3 bus stops from IKEA. The good side is that they always deliver to me first thing in the morning.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    They INSISTED that I be around during the time schedule they do delivery at that particular area. I told them that the scheduled time was out of my time schedule. They INSISTED I abided to their time schedule, dispite having to pay for the delivery. I got so piss-off by their inflexibility and walked out.

    Singapore still have a long way to go for service oriented sale.
    Actually this is not uncommon. Its the same for Ikea - they will deliver only to certain areas during their scheduled times. I just bought something there and they said their delivery man will only come to my area from 2-5pm.

    I don't think there is anything wrong with that. For big furniture companies this tends to be the norm as they have more customers & more delivery orders. If you had bought your stuff from a small shop then maybe they can be more flexible.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    so did u get ur $$$ back yet?
    wah lew, went to the shop to see the salesperson because i dun want the refund in cheque. I dun want them to write a date like 2 to 3 months in the future and i end up have to wait for the cheque to be cashed.

    Talk very loudly in the shop, so, to shut my mouth, they give be back in cash.
    Never accept display set lah...saw some kids stand on the sofa.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Japan / China
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    good for you then...


    Quote Originally Posted by sgpoorman
    wah lew, went to the shop to see the salesperson because i dun want the refund in cheque. I dun want them to write a date like 2 to 3 months in the future and i end up have to wait for the cheque to be cashed.

    Talk very loudly in the shop, so, to shut my mouth, they give be back in cash.
    Never accept display set lah...saw some kids stand on the sofa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •