Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Complain!!: Seahorse Furniture in Causeway Point

  1. #1

    Default Complain!!: Seahorse Furniture in Causeway Point

    HI, i wish to share this unpleasant experience.

    On friday, i bought a sofa from the Seahorse shop in Causeway Point. They promised to deliver the item on sunday 2-4pm. However, I waited till 6.30pm when i finally got a call from Seahorse Causeway(SHCW). They say the driver had something on and will deliver the sofa ard 9 to 10pm. Alternatively, they suggested if i want the sofa urgently, i can accept the display set, they will deduct $24 from the selling price and send me immediately. of cos, i rejected this Lame offer. Take a sofa so many ppl had seated b4 and just deduct $24?

    I suspect the driver wanna watch the Renci hospital show, so, i think its fine with me since i not sleeping so early. Toward the end of the show, I received another call from SHCW saying the driver is unable to collect the sofa from the warehouse cause its closed oreadi...10pm u know? I can still choose the display set and they will ask the driver to send me immediately. of cos, i reject again.

    I ask them to send me the sofa on any weekdays after 7pm, but they say their driver dun do delivery at evening on weekdays...WAT THE HECK MAN?? They persuaded me to accept the display set which of cos i say NO.

    I took a day leave today so that they can send it to me, but in the afternoon, i received another from them saying The Warehouse had deliver the LAST sofa to another buyer.....and ask if i could accept the display set. After some shouting over the phone and threatening, they very reluctantly offer to write me a cheque and send to me.


    Now, i am writing this to share it with u...anyone with similar experience??

  2. #2

    Thumbs down

    report it to CASE. Do it by all mean! Get the name of the salesperson. Then write to Straits Time Forum and let them have their lesson (if it's published). Send an email to the highest management of that company.

    Btw, you are buying, they NEED you! They treated you like that, you should have asked for full refund and swear that you won't ever step your foot into their store ever!

    IMHO Singapore is really lousy in service sector. Want the best service? pay at the premium price like SIA, which delivers the same level service like the other airlines do but other airlines' air fare is lower.
    Last edited by arikevin; 13th January 2004 at 03:03 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arikevin
    report it to CASE. Do it by all mean! Get the name of the salesperson. Then write to Straits Time Forum and let them have their lesson (if it's published). Send an email to the highest management of that company.

    Btw, you are buying, they NEED you! They treated you like that, you should ask for refund and swear that you won't ever step your foot into their store ever!

    IMHO Singapore is really lousy in service sector. Want the best service? pay at the premium price like SIA, which delivers the same level service like the other airlines do but other airlines' air fare is lower.
    i going to write to ST liao...have to do it..no choice. they pushed me too far. how can they force ppl to accept display set and use this type of tactic?

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by sgpoorman
    i going to write to ST liao...have to do it..no choice. they pushed me too far. how can they force ppl to accept display set and use this type of tactic?
    Yep, good. Better do it. Demand a public apology if it's possible.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arikevin
    Yep, good. Better do it. Demand a public apology if it's possible.
    wah...ur gallery very nice...ur camera got use any filter or not? my Dimage Z1 seems unable to achieve tis quality. and i dunno abt the aperture and shutter thing...sians.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgpoorman
    wah...ur gallery very nice...ur camera got use any filter or not? my Dimage Z1 seems unable to achieve tis quality. and i dunno abt the aperture and shutter thing...sians.
    Thanks, really appriciate your comment on my gallery


    well, you can try to learn the aperture and shutter settings by trial-and-error learning method. Does your camera have the Manual setting? If so, time to go out and shoot.

  7. #7

    Default

    so bad eh? write to case or ST won't help much, but if it make you feel better , by all means .

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Japan / China
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    sgpoorman, you received the refund already? or they already made the cheque out to you already, if yes, then you can most probably complaint about the time wasted for the whole episode...if they refuses to refund, then thats another story...

    remember there's another case, which made it to the newspaper (idealhome?)...almost the same incidents happened (i purchased from them for my new home years back)...but eventually, i got what i wanted, but others were not so lucky...their store at suntec mall closed soon after...

    is seahorse furniture the maker of seahorse mattresses? if yes, then i think they're pretty established...???

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Redhill
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    They have a problem, they received your money. That completed the transaction, and they have to honour their part.

  10. #10
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    haha go to small claims court and claim back the full price of the sofa, and add to that, damages amounting to 1 day's paid leave + interest so far.

    :P


    Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    sgpoorman, you received the refund already? or they already made the cheque out to you already, if yes, then you can most probably complaint about the time wasted for the whole episode...if they refuses to refund, then thats another story...

    remember there's another case, which made it to the newspaper (idealhome?)...almost the same incidents happened (i purchased from them for my new home years back)...but eventually, i got what i wanted, but others were not so lucky...their store at suntec mall closed soon after...

    is seahorse furniture the maker of seahorse mattresses? if yes, then i think they're pretty established...???

  11. #11

    Default

    Cellini also gave the same delivery problems to one of my friends. Can you imagine taking leave and the guy not showing up.

  12. #12

    Default

    so lousy, how come they don't keep track of their inventory??!

    the excuses are so lame, they just want to force you to take the display set!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    新加坡
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    thanks for sharing with us ur unpleasent exp. well.. more or less we clubsnappers families wun buy any thing from there in future
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    thanks for sharing with us ur unpleasent exp. well.. more or less we clubsnappers families wun buy any thing from there in future
    i won't buy anything from them in the future. THanks for sharing.

  15. #15

    Default

    i think buy from Ikea is still safer....Because they check the inventory before placing ur oder....i like that kind of service..I can't complaint abt the paying extra for delivery and setting up...

    i heard Ikea furniture lifespan not very long isit true??

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgpoorman
    i think buy from Ikea is still safer....Because they check the inventory before placing ur oder....i like that kind of service..I can't complaint abt the paying extra for delivery and setting up...

    i heard Ikea furniture lifespan not very long isit true??
    yes, my cupboard is falling apart, doors have come off twice, my display cabinet is warping, yet i still buy there cos it looks better than most furniture store offerings for its prices.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Anyone heard of this furniture brand name 'LAMI'? Although their porducts is a bit ex, but delivery is not a problem(so far for my case)at all. 'LORENZO' is another good service too. But you must on the spot watching them assemble any of the product(which you purchased in the first place) if they delivered to your home.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    haha go to small claims court and claim back the full price of the sofa, and add to that, damages amounting to 1 day's paid leave + interest so far.

    :P
    dont waste your time with the small claims court. you accept the $$$, how to complain now.
    NO more SEAHORSE for Singapore Poor Man and ME!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Global Village
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Seahorse do deliver very lousy service. I went to the outlet in Marina once, hoping to buy a class coffee-table. I decided to buy it but the problem is with the delivery schedule. They INSISTED that I be around during the time schedule they do delivery at that particular area. I told them that the scheduled time was out of my time schedule. They INSISTED I abided to their time schedule, dispite having to pay for the delivery. I got so piss-off by their inflexibility and walked out.

    Singapore still have a long way to go for service oriented sale.

  20. #20
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    well that was based on the assumption that he hadn't got his money yet. his story ended with they promised to write, but never say whether he cashed it and actually got the $$$ back yet....maybe sgpoorman can update us.




    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    dont waste your time with the small claims court. you accept the $$$, how to complain now.
    NO more SEAHORSE for Singapore Poor Man and ME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •