Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: how do u remove reflections on a glass?

  1. #1

    Default how do u remove reflections on a glass?

    i have taken a pic of a car.. but there are like reflections on the windscreen.. waht are my options to remove it?

    thanks.
    dennis

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, for a start, you can try using a polarizer.

    Rotate it till the reflections are gone.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East, Singapore
    Posts
    4,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Well, for a start, you can try using a polarizer.

    Rotate it till the reflections are gone.
    hmm. i think he meant that he already has a pic with glass reflections and wanna remove it.

  4. #4

    Default

    maybe it would help if you post the photo here to show us the degree of reflection.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Well, for a start, you can try using a polarizer.

    Rotate it till the reflections are gone.
    wats a polarizer?

  6. #6

    Default

    guys.. this may sound stupid.. i cant find the attachement button!!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denn23
    guys.. this may sound stupid.. i cant find the attachement button!!
    You need to hotlink the picture. There is no attachment button.

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    You need to hotlink the picture. There is no attachment button.
    oh.. no wonder i could find it.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denn23
    wats a polarizer?
    he meant a circular polarizer

  11. #11

    Default

    In photoshop afaik, you can't really remove reflections easily (the reverse would be easy tho)

    one way is to slowly paint over, another way is to adjust curves to reduce the effect of glares from glass, so it looks more "plastic", less reflective.
    You would haf to use a mask to prevent the effect from spillin to other parts of the car tho'.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cWc
    In photoshop afaik, you can't really remove reflections easily (the reverse would be easy tho)

    one way is to slowly paint over, another way is to adjust curves to reduce the effect of glares from glass, so it looks more "plastic", less reflective.
    You would haf to use a mask to prevent the effect from spillin to other parts of the car tho'.

    adjust curves? mask? err.. how?

    btw, im STILL trying to link up the pic.. so it will be a while..

  13. #13

  14. #14

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashbaby
    thanks a lot for your effort...

    but it seems that as conclusion.. reflection is damn hard to remove?

  17. #17

    Default

    yes very hard. Actually depends what you want also lar. If in this case, you want to see some of the interior of the car, then not way. Certain software or PS plug-in does help in selecting reflection, or hair etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •