Thread: CF and canon question

godism
    Guests

Default CF and canon question

is there any real difference in speed when comparing a sandisk CF with the canon CF?

read that sandisk is slow. but really, can my cam (A300) really support the high speed of 52X? do i really need to come out extra cash for a high speed CF or a cheapo sandisk can liao?

Ask yourself why only Sandisk or Canon. For me, did a lot of research on various brands and models. Finds that for people without raw, just JPEGs, a kingston normal speed (decent writing speed for such cameras and good reading speed if you want faster downloads from a USB2.0 card reader) would be enough. The fact that it is 5 years warranty plus local support plus near lower end range of price ($200+/-) are the deciding factor if I am to buy one for your camera. If not the fact that I got a good offer of $330 for a 1GB Transcend 30x I would probably get this too.

So you need me to tell you which to buy now?

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    Ask yourself why only Sandisk or Canon. For me, did a lot of research on various brands and models. Finds that for people without raw, just JPEGs, a kingston normal speed (decent writing speed for such cameras and good reading speed if you want faster downloads from a USB2.0 card reader) would be enough. The fact that it is 5 years warranty plus local support plus near lower end range of price ($200+/-) are the deciding factor if I am to buy one for your camera. If not the fact that I got a good offer of $330 for a 1GB Transcend 30x I would probably get this too.

So you need me to tell you which to buy now?

the 330 1gb cf is type 1?? where u bought it care to share the lobang.. can pm me

also, for some cameras, the speed only matters for the USB card reader, eg: 300D , regardless of 25x or 45x, Writing speed from camera to CF flash is the same.
    (ie: camera either doesn't make use of the higher speed rating or the camera drive is limited or crippled in firmware)
    ---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtoes
    the 330 1gb cf is type 1?? where u bought it care to share the lobang.. can pm me

Hmm... it is second hand, so it happened and become history, have to wait for such things to come. Advice given to you is do not bid liek a typical Singaporean and you will get the card easily.

godism
    Guests

ok thanks guys. think i'll just get a cheapo cf card.

If you are going to stick to the A300 for a while without plans to upgrade to DSLR, go for a cheaper but decent CF card.

But if there may be a possibly for you to move up to DSLR or a cam with a buffer, why not invest a little more for something that will potentially last you beyond your A300.

I have personally found the following site useful (but more geared towards DSLR) - anyhow, it provides quite a comprehensive database for CF cards.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...e.asp?cid=6007
    Last edited by dbcs; 13th January 2004 at 11:43 PM.