Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Apples

  1. #1

    Default Apples

    took out of boredom... and yeah...

    camera model: Nikon D70
    lens: 50mm f/1.8D
    light: torch light (LOL!)

    #1


    #2


    #3

  2. #2

    Default Re: Apples

    not sure why about the sizes? but please do comment. thanks

  3. #3

    Default Re: Apples

    sorry, just like to add... this is my first taking such shots. yeah... just to let you guys know.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Apples

    hi, i like you black out background
    the torchlight has got a very spot light effect
    alternatively, maybe you can try bouncing the light off a wall to reduce the harshness...
    the table looks red, plus the apple itself is red so the first shot's a bit too red for me, maybe can try say light color table next time to see how it turns out..
    cheers

  5. #5

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by alabe View Post
    hi, i like you black out background
    the torchlight has got a very spot light effect
    alternatively, maybe you can try bouncing the light off a wall to reduce the harshness...
    the table looks red, plus the apple itself is red so the first shot's a bit too red for me, maybe can try say light color table next time to see how it turns out..
    cheers
    hey thanks for the compliment

    i used a stool not table.
    how do i bounce the light by using a torchlight?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by nexyo View Post
    hey thanks for the compliment

    i used a stool not table.
    how do i bounce the light by using a torchlight?
    maybe you can try bouncing it like how you bounce a flash, say an adjacent wall... or say a white board or something... experiment with different angles see how it turns out.

    let us know and post the photos up!

    cheers

  7. #7

    Default Re: Apples

    lookingt at #3 again, actually the direct torch light has got a unique mood to it, i thk it looks good with the direct approach,
    but maybe can focus in on the subject(apple), and reduce the empty space, or get more apple reflection in...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Apples

    hmm, #2 got a blue cast over the top of the apple. anyone know why?

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    22,019

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by alabe View Post
    hi, i like you black out background
    the torchlight has got a very spot light effect
    alternatively, maybe you can try bouncing the light off a wall to reduce the harshness...
    the table looks red, plus the apple itself is red so the first shot's a bit too red for me, maybe can try say light color table next time to see how it turns out..
    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by alabe View Post
    maybe you can try bouncing it like how you bounce a flash, say an adjacent wall... or say a white board or something... experiment with different angles see how it turns out.

    let us know and post the photos up!

    cheers
    spot light effect come from a small pointed light source, soft light come from a large light source, two effect does not coexist.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    22,019

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by tjana View Post
    hmm, #2 got a blue cast over the top of the apple. anyone know why?
    I believe it is because during TS correct the warm WB, taken the yellow out, but green color minus yellow will become blue, hence blue tint on some parts of the photo.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I believe it is because during TS correct the warm WB, taken the yellow out, but green color minus yellow will become blue, hence blue tint on some parts of the photo.
    yeah is my WB

  12. #12

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    spot light effect come from a small pointed light source, soft light come from a large light source, two effect does not coexist.
    hi catch, i meant spot light approach in this case looks good, but alternatively can also try sofr approach see how it turns out...
    Last edited by alabe; 5th October 2009 at 10:37 AM.

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    22,019

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by alabe View Post
    hi catch, i meant spot light approach in this case looks good, but alternatively can also try sofr approach see how it turns out...
    the lighting will be very even, the stool and the apple will have the same brightness.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14

    Default Re: Apples

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the lighting will be very even, the stool and the apple will have the same brightness.
    ok thks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •