Thread: No more Starhub HD set-up boxes?

Default No more Starhub HD set-up boxes?

Urgh ... just realised this after I paid for my new plasma yesterday. Apparently Starhub have discontinued it in favor of the HD Hubstation ...

Now they're telling me they have also run out of the Hubstations and was told it'll be avaiable from mid-October ... sheesh ...

Default Re: No more Starhub HD set-up boxes?

I don't like Hubstation, I'd rather get a HD recorder and hook up to my HD set-top box.

../azul123

Wait is the answer.

hubstation is a Thomson.
    Yuks
    Told SCV if it was a Sony, I consider. Otherwise I keep my digital TV box.

oh, by the way, Thomson washing machines are very good, but not their TV products

Their HubStation, better not to spoilt else the CS ppl at hougang, cmi. Mine gg n I bring over. In the end, not fix n then they willing to exchange one new one for me. Should have done it on my first visit.

Hubstation easy to use, compare to DVD recorder. On top of that, u need to on the setup box while recording, bad idea.

Wait for the announcement on ESPN before taking up starhub, else u might endup with 2 boxes. I also plan to stop sport channel, too much online game seduce me over, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Hubstation easy to use, compare to DVD recorder. On top of that, u need to on the setup box while recording, bad idea.
    Ya agree that Hubstation easier to record in manys ways like if you wished to record by series.. but once HDD full cannot burn to DVD unlike Recorder.

Maybe rent first instead of buy.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Ya agree that Hubstation easier to record in manys ways like if you wished to record by series.. but once HDD full cannot burn to DVD unlike Recorder.

Maybe rent first instead of buy.

../azul123
    I got a DVD recorder together with the Hubstation. In the end, DVDR use for watching DVD mostly. Can record from hubstation, sound lvl will drop, fyi. Just on both together, tv off after start recording. I need to do so asap, then format hubstation.

I got a DVD recorder together with the Hubstation. In the end, DVDR use for watching DVD mostly. Can record from hubstation, sound lvl will drop, fyi. Just on both together, tv off after start recording. I need to do so asap, then format hubstation.
    Please share how to transfer from Hubstation HDD to an external DVR? I had asked my son to figure out how to get this done but he said not possible, so I returned the HD Hubstation.

If it could be done I might want to get the HD Hubstation again as recording from it is much easier.

../azul123

Please share how to transfer from Hubstation HDD to an external DVR? I had asked my son to figure out how to get this done but he said not possible, so I returned the HD Hubstation.

If it could be done I might want to get the HD Hubstation again as recording from it is much easier.

../azul123
    Just playbackt the recorded show from hubstation and record to the external source like DVR or HD recorder.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Just playbackt the recorded show from hubstation and record to the external source like DVR or HD recorder.
    Very old school.. but it worked.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I was hoping could copy out the saved files from HD Hubstation HDD. Got USB port but gave up not sure how to do it returned the set.

../azul123

../azul123
    It's easy.

Connect Hubstation Composite out to DVDR in.

Once you start playing ur video, pause it. (Mostly u wouldn't get the show start so fast, so, enough time for u to pause.)

Set to the area where the video in at ur DVDR (Because there is a lot of connection, therefore, u should see ur paused video)

Then resume video n mean time, start recording.

Off your TV as you wouldn't need it.

Once time out (you should able to know from hubstation), just stop the recording.

When u view from DVDR, u can edit it for those nasty advertisment.

Hopes my tips help.

Connect Hubstation Composite out to DVDR in.
    Wouldn't using Component out be better, as in better picture quality? Or in the case of HD Hubstation, will the hdmi output to DVDR work too?
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wouldn't using Component out be better, as in better picture quality? Or in the case of HD Hubstation, will the hdmi output to DVDR work too?
    I think there are no DVR with HDMI in only HDMI out to TV set, I could be wrong. I remembered I tried several ways but I didn't want to record like what was stated by others.. I wanted to be able to copy out the file since it was already recorded in the HDD Hubstation, playing the file again from Hubstation to record on DVR makes it inefficient and time consuming.

../azul123

That happened to me on last saturday as well. Right after having paid, for my new Full HD TV, and they said out of stock.

Well, i managed to get some inside info via a friend and it says that there will be a new version of the HD TV set top box being released in mid October. I had initially thought of getting the Hubstation, but it was out of stock as well. Besides, i don't need the recording features, so it's better waiting for the new version to be released.