Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Singtel wins exclusive rights to BPL

Default Re: Singtel wins exclusive rights to BPL

****. Means my internet is going to suffer while watching soccer...... DAMN!

Even worse, my parents ain't planing to subscribe to MIO plans......
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

why are you guys becoming a couch potato on Sat and Sun. Stop watching BPL. You'll get used to it. And you'll find your time more rewarding doing other things. I quit watching years ago. Initially, there are withdrawal symptons. Now I am just glad that I did the right thing.

With Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry in Spain. Wouldn't the La Liga be more exciting to watch than the BPL?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    why are you guys becoming a couch potato on Sat and Sun. Stop watching BPL. You'll get used to it. And you'll find your time more rewarding doing other things. I quit watching years ago. Initially, there are withdrawal symptons. Now I am just glad that I did the right thing.

With Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry in Spain. Wouldn't the La Liga be more exciting to watch than the BPL?
    If I haven't mistaken , most population supports clubs not players . Not saying anything bout having a problem following players

This is rubbish man... who are the loser?? we the consumer lah!!!

1st the price for sports channel keep going up... now need to change subscriber!??!

starhub call me in the evening to ask whether i want to extend my contract.

Boycott this war: How? here it is:

1) invest on a powerful 32inch HD monitor

2) subscribe to your club online tv.. eg.MUTV or liverpoolfc.tv for your club games

3) for ppl with lesser budget, watch online football using Sopcast. I am getting use to it by watching Champions League using Sopcast - FREE. Streaming is very good. If u understand Mandarin, you can choose ESPN China too!

4) Dont bother subscribing to MIOTV. This have to stop

Although I am very disappointed, I am prepared to watch football online starting from next year. I think since election is coming soon, the Government will be a hero in this issue and come out with something spectacular soon.

Cheers!
    facebook page | I don't have L lens

Finally no need to see that stupid grin of Joe Morrison and hear Carlton Palmer's comments.

Its a disaster for me. I like Starhub's programming and now I have to get another box if i want football or sports. Its really crap! I rather give my money straight to the clubs by subscribing to their online TV than to encourage these competition and let them earn my money.

I really wonder why some members here think its good Singtel won. 3 years later, Starhub will fight harder and consumers will just end up paying more and we will have merry go round of switching boxes and operators. The govt is really brilliant in making money.

I so hate Singtel..... Now I really got to miss all live football matches

Sorry, Singtel programmes just does not attract my family and I, and having gone through a short period of Mio TV trial, I find it silly to have 2 set top boxes. This competition is not really benefiting the consumers.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by haslansalam View Post

2) subscribe to your club online tv.. eg.MUTV or liverpoolfc.tv for your club games

3) for ppl with lesser budget, watch online football using Sopcast. I am getting use to it by watching Champions League using Sopcast - FREE. Streaming is very good. If u understand Mandarin, you can choose ESPN China too!

Although I am very disappointed, I am prepared to watch football online starting from next year. I think since election is coming soon, the Government will be a hero in this issue and come out with something spectacular soon.

Cheers!

ok, haslansalam for president!

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto View Post
    I am not sure about others but to me, we had suffered under SH for a while now. They raise the sport grp pricing time and time again. Guess this is my twisted way of "getting" revenge.

Anyway, this exclusive rights is only good for the premier league. Consumer doesn't benefit.

Imagine all the advertisement SH will lose due to them missing this.
    Yes... so now wanna see whether the "excuse" they have been giving for raising sports group pricing will drop. Afterall, they don't have to pay licensing for EPL and ESPN already mah.

Both Singtel and Starhub did not realise that by increasing the price of the sports group, they are pushing people to alternative form of watching the matches (online, kopitiam, pubs etc)..

In the end, they are the biggest loser once the bubble burst...

What if SingTel sent wrong bills?
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Blog Entries

actually, i think starhub has it coming... been using starhub for 4yrs liao. and their special offers suck... no special deals to keep customers.

like now... subscribe to mio, they give u a laptop. starhub? give u PSP... wth...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Think alot of people will be cancelling their Starhub Sports Group.
    And i am one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by haslansalam View Post

Cheers!

How much is it for MUTV? Hows the quality? Is it realtime?

i will be cancelling my starhub sport subscription after this year but i won't be subscribing to singtel mio cos my kids watch the other starhub channels.

anyway don't be to happy about singtel winning the rights. for now they have said they will not charge more than starhub. starhub charges $25 for the sports group so will singtel also be charging $25? if starhub bid $250m the last time, singtel would have bid much more to make sure they win the rights this time round. if they don't pass the costs to the consumers in the first year, they will probably do so in the following years.

btw...after read this article today, i don't think i will want to sign up with singtel.

Streaming glitch upsets online fans

"An irate reader emailed The New Paper and said: 'We had a serious problem with SingTel last night regarding the Champions League game.

'After paying money to watch the game online, all we (got was) a blank screen for the whole match and (it) took me more than 30 minutes to connect to the help desk.

'The reply I got was 'sorry everyone is having the same problem, you can go to bed and we will investigate tomorrow',' added the reader, who did not leave his full name."

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    'The reply I got was 'sorry everyone is having the same problem, you can go to bed and we will investigate tomorrow',' added the reader, who did not leave his full name."[/I]
    Wow, classic man!
    Can imagine the operator telling the customers ," You can go to bed.".

Here's an interesting development ... fellow Starhub Sports Group subscribers, let's wait and see for now, anyway we're still 10 months away from the new season!

MDA considering intervention in local pay TV market
    By Dylan Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 02 October 2009 2255 hrs
    SINGAPORE:

The government is aware of consumer concerns over the local pay TV market, said Acting Information, Communications and the Arts Minister Lui Tuck Yew on Friday.

RAdm Lui's comments followed SingTel's announcement that it has secured exclusive broadcast rights to the English Premier League (EPL) for three years, starting from 2010.

Football fans in Singapore are concerned that they may have to pay premium rates to catch their favourite matches. Some have also complained about having to fork out money for multiple set-top boxes as they switch to SingTel's mio service.

Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) has indicated that it will evaluate whether direct intervention in the local pay TV market is needed.

MDA said it is monitoring the situation and will consider the implications of the final agreement of the EPL bid. SingTel has yet to set its pricing policy, but added that rates will be competitive.

RAdm Lui said the government is mindful that under the Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network, the proliferation of set-top boxes for a variety of content might be a problem and that different agencies will look into the issue to come up with solutions.

He said the government will also contact local pay TV service providers on this matter.

"What we will be doing is we will invite SingTel and StarHub to come in and share with us their plans and their intentions, going forward. When we have a better understanding of what they intend to do, that will put us in a better position to determine if any intervention is needed," he said.
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 4th October 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Here's an interesting development ... fellow Starhub Sports Group, let's wait and see for now, anyway we're still 10 months away from the new season!

MDA considering intervention in local pay TV market
    By Dylan Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 02 October 2009 2255 hrs
    SINGAPORE:

The government is aware of consumer concerns over the local pay TV market, said Acting Information, Communications and the Arts Minister Lui Tuck Yew on Friday.

RAdm Lui's comments followed SingTel's announcement that it has secured exclusive broadcast rights to the English Premier League (EPL) for three years, starting from 2010.

Football fans in Singapore are concerned that they may have to pay premium rates to catch their favourite matches. Some have also complained about having to fork out money for multiple set-top boxes as they switch to SingTel's mio service.

Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) has indicated that it will evaluate whether direct intervention in the local pay TV market is needed.

MDA said it is monitoring the situation and will consider the implications of the final agreement of the EPL bid. SingTel has yet to set its pricing policy, but added that rates will be competitive.

RAdm Lui said the government is mindful that under the Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network, the proliferation of set-top boxes for a variety of content might be a problem and that different agencies will look into the issue to come up with solutions.

He said the government will also contact local pay TV service providers on this matter.

"What we will be doing is we will invite SingTel and StarHub to come in and share with us their plans and their intentions, going forward. When we have a better understanding of what they intend to do, that will put us in a better position to determine if any intervention is needed," he said.
    How to be competitive when Singtel is the only one who has the rights to broadcast the EPL?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast